Single parents

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tinder is how I do it 😅
omg I’ve been on there about a week, it’s a ride isn’t it! I also have a broken heart after randomly meeting a guy at work having a situationship for a year and a half and having to call it off as he was so hot and cold and it was breaking me 😢 so also trying to get over him and how much I’m probably in love with him.
---
Just want to echo what another poster said, so proud of you for taking that step to leave! It always seems so much harder to leave when there are children involved.. have you tried putting yourself out there? @Roobalooba89
How can I do this, apart from apps, any ideas? And which apps do you guys use if you partake 😹

• Haha
Reactions: 1
omg I’ve been on there about a week, it’s a ride isn’t it! I also have a broken heart after randomly meeting a guy at work having a situationship for a year and a half and having to call it off as he was so hot and cold and it was breaking me 😢 so also trying to get over him and how much I’m probably in love with him.
---

How can I do this, apart from apps, any ideas? And which apps do you guys use if you partake 😹
I’ve tried tinder and it’s just a nightmare😂😂 I have the complete fear when it comes to men, I’ve been out twice since I had my little one and I just can’t even talk to men 😂😂😂 I have the fear of absolutely everything😂😂😂 Awh no that’s awful about the guy at work.. my child’s dad, I met through work.. really would never ever recommend it😂 I wish I had advice on how to meet men but I really don’t😂

I met my fiance at a wedding...he knew I had a child straight away (she was with me) so that made things easier.

• Heart
Stopped getting notifications about this thread so totally forgot about it 🤦‍♀️
Has anyone been on holiday with their kids on your own? I’d like to take mine away although can’t afford this year, but I’m terrified of being the only adult. I’m 39 and only ever been on holiday with my parents bar 1 time when I took my then 2 and 4 year old to Disney land Paris. I was only 23 and wonder how the duck I did it! I have anxiety and just overthink everything, plus I’m not good with people. A villa would be perfect but no doubt way more expensive.

I’m also a single mum to a teenager, she does see her dad but unfortunately he’s a total narcissist and him and his awful wife treat her appallingly but for some reason she still wants to go as they have a child together 🤦‍♀️ (daughters half sibling) thankfully I don’t have to see my ex but when you have a child it’s really hard as you never fully have that closure do you?! I feel nothing but hatred towards him after he walked out on us for this witch of a woman and now struggle to trust anyone as a result! And that’s all his doing! I have to deal with the teenage rants & all the emotions whilst working a stressful/full time job, running our house, paying bills etc like you’ve all said it’s so hard by yourself! I have little family support and have learnt over the years to not rely on anyone due to being let down! I totally relate to each of you that have said how lonely it is being a single mom and it really is 😩 but I am thankful that the best thing to come out of my marriage is my daughter who can be challenging due to her age but she is my greatest creation and is so caring and wonderful at times, and I miss her so much when she’s not here, I like to think we have an extra close bond and she knows I’m always here for her, she’s not under any illusion as to what a POS her dad is as she’s sadly reached that conclusion by herself! I do think that we should all be proud of ourselves it’s the hardest but most rewarding job especially doing it by ourselves! ☺
---
Has anyone been on holiday with their kids on your own? I’d like to take mine away although can’t afford this year, but I’m terrified of being the only adult. I’m 39 and only ever been on holiday with my parents bar 1 time when I took my then 2 and 4 year old to Disney land Paris. I was only 23 and wonder how the duck I did it! I have anxiety and just overthink everything, plus I’m not good with people. A villa would be perfect but no doubt way more expensive.
Yes I have many times do it you won’t regret it I played it safe 1st time I took my daughter away albeit I only have one child so it’s a bit different! Do you have anyone that could go with you? I don’t and I am always on my own but we’ve mainly stuck to Canary Islands with a short flight time but have ventured to the US once where I do have family luckily! I’ve usually always got talking to other people whilst away and always go all inclusive as it’s easier for me and my daughter who’s now a teenager! Please don’t overthink it you will be absolutely fine just research the area/hotel of where you want to go first and trust me you’re very unlikely to be the only adult solo parenting on holiday it’s more common than you think! I have not yet booked anything for this year as I’ve left it late 🥴 and not sure if I can afford it but hoping to still get away! We did go away in the uk last year which was equally lovely but after what I spent on travel, accommodation & food etc I could have gone abroad 🤣

Last edited:
I haven’t been abroad but go for breaks in the UK. A lot sometimes just a few night buts just to the coast is amazing to get away and we both love it. Depending where you are, Norfolk and Suffolk are fab.
---
I’ve tried tinder and it’s just a nightmare😂😂 I have the complete fear when it comes to men, I’ve been out twice since I had my little one and I just can’t even talk to men 😂😂😂 I have the fear of absolutely everything😂😂😂 Awh no that’s awful about the guy at work.. my child’s dad, I met through work.. really would never ever recommend it😂 I wish I had advice on how to meet men but I really don’t😂
I know this is a massive generalisation but they just all seem so… tit? Like the bar is lowwwww.

I haven’t been abroad but go for breaks in the UK. A lot sometimes just a few night buts just to the coast is amazing to get away and we both love it. Depending where you are, Norfolk and Suffolk are fab.
---

I know this is a massive generalisation but they just all seem so… tit? Like the bar is lowwwww.
I feel like since I’ve had my baby, I have set the bar so so so much higher? Like even little tiny things are a big no no. One guy I was chatting to kept saying about meeting my daughter and was quite forceful on meeting her when he met me for the first time which I was like no no big no no🥴 some men are just dirt tbh!
---
I’m also a single mum to a teenager, she does see her dad but unfortunately he’s a total narcissist and him and his awful wife treat her appallingly but for some reason she still wants to go as they have a child together 🤦‍♀️ (daughters half sibling) thankfully I don’t have to see my ex but when you have a child it’s really hard as you never fully have that closure do you?! I feel nothing but hatred towards him after he walked out on us for this witch of a woman and now struggle to trust anyone as a result! And that’s all his doing! I have to deal with the teenage rants & all the emotions whilst working a stressful/full time job, running our house, paying bills etc like you’ve all said it’s so hard by yourself! I have little family support and have learnt over the years to not rely on anyone due to being let down! I totally relate to each of you that have said how lonely it is being a single mom and it really is 😩 but I am thankful that the best thing to come out of my marriage is my daughter who can be challenging due to her age but she is my greatest creation and is so caring and wonderful at times, and I miss her so much when she’s not here, I like to think we have an extra close bond and she knows I’m always here for her, she’s not under any illusion as to what a POS her dad is as she’s sadly reached that conclusion by herself! I do think that we should all be proud of ourselves it’s the hardest but most rewarding job especially doing it by ourselves! ☺
---

Yes I have many times do it you won’t regret it I played it safe 1st time I took my daughter away albeit I only have one child so it’s a bit different! Do you have anyone that could go with you? I don’t and I am always on my own but we’ve mainly stuck to Canary Islands with a short flight time but have ventured to the US once where I do have family luckily! I’ve usually always got talking to other people whilst away and always go all inclusive as it’s easier for me and my daughter who’s now a teenager! Please don’t overthink it you will be absolutely fine just research the area/hotel of where you want to go first and trust me you’re very unlikely to be the only adult solo parenting on holiday it’s more common than you think! I have not yet booked anything for this year as I’ve left it late 🥴 and not sure if I can afford it but hoping to still get away! We did go away in the uk last year which was equally lovely but after what I spent on travel, accommodation & food etc I could have gone abroad 🤣
Exactly like you said, we can’t get the closure! I’d love to never see him but I can’t obviously yet she’s way too small. My daughters fathers family is more interested than he is but look, like your daughter has seen the light I hope mine sees how vile they are when she’s older. I know I seen the light with my own dad when my parents split up, and even as I’ve gotten older and gotten boyfriends I’ve realised it more and more, which I’m sure your daughter will too!! You sound like such a strong woman! F your ex husband!

• Heart
I don’t use Tinder for anything serious but find it a good way to get myself back out here and just have some fun. I originally went on there as an overweight separated mum of 3 under 5 - I thought no one would be interested in someone like that. But just having some fun chatting to people has been such a confidence boost, without any pressure to meet up in the flesh!

Reactions: 3
I tried Tinder and Plenty Of Fish a couple of times but I just kept attracting weirdos! The one guy who seemed nice and normal practically shat himself when I told him I have a child. So I told him where to go and deleted the apps.

To be honest I'm happier on my own anyway.

Reactions: 4
I feel like since I’ve had my baby, I have set the bar so so so much higher? Like even little tiny things are a big no no. One guy I was chatting to kept saying about meeting my daughter and was quite forceful on meeting her when he met me for the first time which I was like no no big no no🥴 some men are just dirt tbh!
---

Exactly like you said, we can’t get the closure! I’d love to never see him but I can’t obviously yet she’s way too small. My daughters fathers family is more interested than he is but look, like your daughter has seen the light I hope mine sees how vile they are when she’s older. I know I seen the light with my own dad when my parents split up, and even as I’ve gotten older and gotten boyfriends I’ve realised it more and more, which I’m sure your daughter will too!! You sound like such a strong woman! F your ex husband!
This happened me a few years ago a guy I went to school with realising I was single was messaging me asking me to go for coffees and asking about my daughter I shut him down but he was so persistant I ended up blocking him. Saw him a few months later being outed on FB as a paedophile with an interest in girls my daughters age

• Wow
This happened me a few years ago a guy I went to school with realising I was single was messaging me asking me to go for coffees and asking about my daughter I shut him down but he was so persistant I ended up blocking him. Saw him a few months later being outed on FB as a paedophile with an interest in girls my daughters age
Holy tit!! Like I hadn’t even met him and he was talking about us taking my daughter to the zoo and wheeling her around in her buggy.. it just didn’t sit right with me. That and his sister has a little girl and you’d swear he’d gone through everything.. like he would act like he knew everything about teething and a baby not sleeping and just acted like he’d raised 100 children that he was an expert on all things babies and telling me what to do😂 I know I sound like such a b**ch but when your running on maybe an hour of sleep and some assh*le is telling you what to do, I seen red😂😂 and that is the reason I’ll just be staying single forever😂

my friend has gotten a promotion in work and is talking about going for drinks on Saturday, I hope it falls through😂 my mum jumped at the chance to mind my little one😂 fml 😂😂😂

I tried Tinder and Plenty Of Fish a couple of times but I just kept attracting weirdos! The one guy who seemed nice and normal practically shat himself when I told him I have a child. So I told him where to go and deleted the apps.

To be honest I'm happier on my own anyway.
It was a good distraction for a while and gave me a confidence boost. But I'm now finally, after a very very long time, realising that I can actually cope on my own as a single parent and that I dont need these apps anyway. I'm learning that it's most important to make myself happy and that I can't rely on anyone else to make me so.

• Heart