Simon Thomas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You think that is bad? Read about Freckled Fox blogger. Her husband died of cancer, left her with 5 kids, within EIGHT weeks of his death she had MARRIED someone else.

She and her new husband now won't allow her dead husband's parents to see the children, even though they gave her money, and if it wasn't for her dead husband she wouldn't have had all the luxuries/house she had. Her dead husband's family have begged her publically on social media for them to see the kids. The new husband is a freak that has exploited the situation.
What?!!! This is actually insane!!!

Reactions: 4
Does he have a new woman then? I didn't know that. I just felt that it was a bit odd that he left his presenting career to focus on his son, and has written a book instead. I thought he said it wasn't about money.
He was seeing someone new before it had been even a year since losing his wife. I know there's no time limit for when you start dating again but he was still playing the grieving widower. Also as a strict Christian, he never slept with his wife until they married. Wonder if it's the same with his new bird?

Reactions: 10
He was seeing someone new before it had been even a year since losing his wife. I know there's no time limit for when you start dating again but he was still playing the grieving widower. Also as a strict Christian, he never slept with his wife until they married. Wonder if it's the same with his new bird?
I’d haunt my husband if he moved on too quickly

• Haha
Reactions: 32
His Instagram made me feel terribly sad. Photos of him and their son, and loads of his wife. None of said girlfriend. It is obvious he is still really devastated. If it weren't for all of the public stuff he was doing, I don't think anyone would have something bad to say. I don't know how to feel about this as I haven't watched his interviews but I feel like we can't fault someone for grieving and people do it in different ways. The girlfriend is separate topic. Have any of you seen After Life by Ricky Gervais? His wife has cancer and dies and she leaves him video messages telling him to find someone that makes you happy etc, don't sit around. Simon's wife's cancer was obviously a short period but perhaps she said something similar? It is all so tragic. I had a peek at his wife's instagram. Isn't that the weird thing about social media.... Someone can die but their posts are still there for people to see.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
His Instagram made me feel terribly sad. Photos of him and their son, and loads of his wife. None of said girlfriend. It is obvious he is still really devastated. If it weren't for all of the public stuff he was doing, I don't think anyone would have something bad to say. I don't know how to feel about this as I haven't watched his interviews but I feel like we can't fault someone for grieving and people do it in different ways. The girlfriend is separate topic. Have any of you seen After Life by Ricky Gervais? His wife has cancer and dies and she leaves him video messages telling him to find someone that makes you happy etc, don't sit around. Simon's wife's cancer was obviously a short period but perhaps she said something similar? It is all so tragic. I had a peek at his wife's instagram. Isn't that the weird thing about social media.... Someone can die but their posts are still there for people to see.
From what he has shared I think his wife died very quickly after being admitted to hospital and I don’t think anyone realised how quickly she would pass away. I doubt she had time to express her wishes

Reactions: 5
I agree with all of this, my heart breaks for the poor boy and it really is such a sad sad situation. I remember getting emotionally involved and feeling so sad each time he posted photos and stories and then a new partner appeared out of nowhere. Everyone is different I know but I couldn't even think about a new partner whilst being that heartbroken and bringing up a child on my own who'd lost a parent. It was so sudden I felt like I'd been mislead...
Totally agree with this, I'm all for people moving on but not so soon when he's got a little boy it just doesn't seem right. Horrible situation, poor boy

You think that is bad? Read about Freckled Fox blogger. Her husband died of cancer, left her with 5 kids, within EIGHT weeks of his death she had MARRIED someone else.

She and her new husband now won't allow her dead husband's parents to see the children, even though they gave her money, and if it wasn't for her dead husband she wouldn't have had all the luxuries/house she had. Her dead husband's family have begged her publically on social media for them to see the kids. The new husband is a freak that has exploited the situation.
Jesus!! That's sounds horrendous

Totally agree with this, I'm all for people moving on but not so soon when he's got a little boy it just doesn't seem right. Horrible situation, poor boy

Jesus!! That's sounds horrendous
I know, I felt awful for Emily when her husband died. But 8 weeks later, she was remarried and he was already sleeping in their bed. It is fucked up.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
What did it for me was when he went in breakfast telly with his boy, to talk about some charity work. His son looked so uncomfortable! People grieve differently and will behave differently and it certainly has no time scale. But, please don’t push your poor child into the public eye.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
What did it for me was when he went in breakfast telly with his boy, to talk about some charity work. His son looked so uncomfortable! People grieve differently and will behave differently and it certainly has no time scale. But, please don’t push your poor child into the public eye.
hmm yes, I don't think his child should have been on tv.

Reactions: 5

Oh my god! Don't want to derail this thread but I just went right back through her instagram and I actually cried seeing those photos of her husband and reading the story. She basically explains it in that he lived for 15 months after being told it was terminal so she had pretty much grieved by the time he died. Just awful, surely you'd be clinging on to every last minute with them? Sad situations I just don't understand :-( Now I'm all sad!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I know, I felt awful for Emily when her husband died. But 8 weeks later, she was remarried and he was already sleeping in their bed. It is fucked up.
I've had a little snoop, god her husband was so young and seemed like a lovely fella. Obviously I don't know the full info but the new husband seems like a bit of a creep?! I honestly can't believe she remarried so quick, it almost seems like maybe he's taken advantage of a woman in grief? I could be wrong but it looks very odd

Oh my god! Don't want to derail this thread but I just went right back through her instagram and I actually cried seeing those photos of her husband and reading the story. She basically explains it in that he lived for 15 months after being told it was terminal so she had pretty much grieved by the time he died. Just awful, surely you'd be clinging on to every last minute with them? Sad situations I just don't understand :-( Now I'm all sad!
I felt the same! So sad, the kids are beautiful too x

Reactions: 2
I've had a little snoop, god her husband was so young and seemed like a lovely fella. Obviously I don't know the full info but the new husband seems like a bit of a creep?! I honestly can't believe she remarried so quick, it almost seems like maybe he's taken advantage of a woman in grief? I could be wrong but it looks very odd

I felt the same! So sad, the kids are beautiful too x
Yeah, it is so sad. I think it is so morbid that she took photos of her husband dying, when he was unaware and shared them on Instagram. If she wanted to take them for personal use, fine, but I don't think she should have shared them online.

Her new husband is a guy she has known since she was a teenager. When her husband died he swooped back in and contacted her via a letter, 8 weeks later they married. At first I felt bad for her, as she had 5 kids and was obviously grief stricken and he took advantage of that. But, three years on, and I don't feel so bad for her, I feel bad for the kids. They don't see their grandparents anymore on their dad's side and this strange man came in and took "dad's" place. I am pretty sure the kids will resent her when they grow up. I was hoping that Emily would have a wake-up call and leave him but I don't think she will. He shot her by "mistake" and she didn't leave so who knows what he would have to do for her to leave. I bet Martin's (dead husband) parents worry about the kids.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if she was in contact with her new husband when Martin was dying. It is awful.

Do you know what I find most jarring? You scroll back on her Instagram and there are photos of her and Martin, and the kids, as a family. Then poor Martin is dying / has died. Then eight weeks later, there is a new husband. It makes me feel ill. And then a year later she was pregnant with new husband's baby. She is mormon, though. Six kids by the time she is 26/27 is mad. Think of all the trauma the kids have been through at such a young age: their dad having cancer, their dad dying, and then their mum bringing a new man into their house eight weeks after he has died.

What makes me so sad is that her and Martin had a baby that was only a few months old when he died. She never got to know her dad and will have no memories of him.

Perhaps FF needs a thread of her own.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Yeah, it is so sad. I think it is so morbid that she took photos of her husband dying, when he was unaware and shared them on Instagram. If she wanted to take them for personal use, fine, but I don't think she should have shared them online.

Her new husband is a guy she has known since she was a teenager. When her husband died he swooped back in and contacted her via a letter, 8 weeks later they married. At first I felt bad for her, as she had 5 kids and was obviously grief stricken and he took advantage of that. But, three years on, and I don't feel so bad for her, I feel bad for the kids. They don't see their grandparents anymore on their dad's side and this strange man came in and took "dad's" place. I am pretty sure the kids will resent her when they grow up. I was hoping that Emily would have a wake-up call and leave him but I don't think she will. He shot her by "mistake" and she didn't leave so who knows what he would have to do for her to leave. I bet Martin's (dead husband) parents worry about the kids.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if she was in contact with her new husband when Martin was dying. It is awful.

Do you know what I find most jarring? You scroll back on her Instagram and there are photos of her and Martin, and the kids, as a family. Then poor Martin is dying / has died. Then eight weeks later, there is a new husband. It makes me feel ill. And then a year later she was pregnant with new husband's baby. She is mormon, though. Six kids by the time she is 26/27 is mad. Think of all the trauma the kids have been through at such a young age: their dad having cancer, their dad dying, and then their mum bringing a new man into their house eight weeks after he has died.

What makes me so sad is that her and Martin had a baby that was only a few months old when he died. She never got to know her dad and will have no memories of him.

Perhaps FF needs a thread of her own.
It all seems mad, do we know why she doesn't speak to Martin's parents, I'm guessing it's something to do with new husband? Must be awful for them not seeing their grandchildren.
God I can't believe she posted pictures of her poor husband dying, some things just need to be kept private, I didn't notice them if they're still up but I won't be looking for them!
He shot her??! Was is suspicious then?!

It all seems mad, do we know why she doesn't speak to Martin's parents, I'm guessing it's something to do with new husband? Must be awful for them not seeing their grandchildren.
God I can't believe she posted pictures of her poor husband dying, some things just need to be kept private, I didn't notice them if they're still up but I won't be looking for them!
He shot her??! Was is suspicious then?!
I think it is probably due to him. Martin's family have reached out publicly through comments on Instagram saying they'd love to see the kids and they don't understand why contact has been cut. I think FF and new husband also moved away to another state. He shot her in the knee (I think it was). He said he was cleaning the gun (which used to be Martin's). Imagine a kid had walked in. I'm sure that worried Martin's family.

Reactions: 1
I think it is probably due to him. Martin's family have reached out publicly through comments on Instagram saying they'd love to see the kids and they don't understand why contact has been cut. I think FF and new husband also moved away to another state. He shot her in the knee (I think it was). He said he was cleaning the gun (which used to be Martin's). Imagine a kid had walked in. I'm sure that worried Martin's family.
How sad for Martin's family, it must be so hard for them on top of losing their son.
Bloody hell, the shooting sounds odd for sure x

Reactions: 1
Did some of you sign up to GOMI to post FF's thread? Lol, I see some new posters.

Oh and if you want to read from the beginning of when she remarried.

Last edited: