Side Sleepers 😴

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi does anyone suffer with pain in there hips and knees from sleeping in there sides during the night?

I have been having this for about a fortnight now and every morning I wake my hips and knees have felt tender and sore 😞

Any advice would be appreciated x

Reactions: 5
Have you tried putting a pillow in between your knees when you're on your side? It's meant to help with alignment of you back and hips. Just an idea 😊

Reactions: 3
I have arthritis in my hips and knees. I find using a pregnancy pillow really helps to balance the weight and thus pain.

Reactions: 1
Yeah had a try with a normal pillow but wake up to find it’s down by feet ☺ Will take a look at a pregnancy pillow.

Reactions: 2
My hips burn with pain during the night & my knees totally lock up. I keep meaning to get a pillow for my legs!

Pillow between the knees, little cushion wedged under my tummy and another wedged behind me to sort of hold me in place.

Then I need yet another wee, having just got comfy and settled.

No idea how my husband fits into the bed at night, with all my comfort cushion placements 🤭😴

• Haha
Hi does anyone suffer with pain in there hips and knees from sleeping in there sides during the night?

I have been having this for about a fortnight now and every morning I wake my hips and knees have felt tender and sore 😞

Any advice would be appreciated x
Does the pain continue throughout the day? I had bad hip and knee pain for a while and it turned out it was because I was very low in Vitamin D. Once i took a large dose, the pain went.

Yes I have the same and sometimes a tingly pain in my hip ball joint. I had the same when pregnant and did use a pillow which helped at the time but doesnt work anymore ill try some vitamin d too

Omg I sleep on my right side and I often have pain in my knee .Recently my hip has been hurting too. The other night I woke up in agony and couldn't walk. I still can't climb the stairs without pain .A microwave heat pack eased it a bit I still can't believe I hurt my self from sleeping

Full body support pillow/pregnancy pillow is the one!!!! My husband actually bought himself a pregnancy pillow after using mine as it really helped him get comfy at night and wake up without the usual aches & pains

Also try a supportive mattress topper

Hip impingement over here 👋🏼 I’ve had surgery for it but still get regular pain in both hips. I sleep on my side which feels worse as there is less support in the pelvis for your leg. I have to sleep with something between my legs to support them. Not saying you have the same thing but worth checking out as it’s not well known about and causes me regular pain x

Hip impingement over here 👋🏼 I’ve had surgery for it but still get regular pain in both hips. I sleep on my side which feels worse as there is less support in the pelvis for your leg. I have to sleep with something between my legs to support them. Not saying you have the same thing but worth checking out as it’s not well known about and causes me regular pain x
I'm seeing a msk consultant tomorrow morning after suffering for 2 and a half years with hip pain (mainly trying to put trousers on etc) and sciatic pain down the back of leg and bum esp at night. They think I may have impingement in my hip or arthritis and sciatic nerve issues. Worried as only early 30s but the pain is keeping me up at night.

I'm seeing a msk consultant tomorrow morning after suffering for 2 and a half years with hip pain (mainly trying to put trousers on etc) and sciatic pain down the back of leg and bum esp at night. They think I may have impingement in my hip or arthritis and sciatic nerve issues. Worried as only early 30s but the pain is keeping me up at night.
Hope they can help! Yes I was only 26 when I was diagnosed 😔