Show us your Christmas decorations

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Only got around to putting the tree up this morning, and the cat is not impressed!

Anyway:

- Joining us for the first time this year are Kevin the carrot and family 🥕
- Bought the red bauble in Krakow last year when I was there for my 40th
- My Irish SIL gave me the postbox one a few years ago. They're green over there
- The shoe and car ones are a few years old, but I think they were both from Poundland
- Can't remember where The Snowman is from. Possibly Tesco as it had jellies in it
- The reindeer is a recent purchase from Primark
- Finally, a well dressed bottle of Jameson 🥃

Apologies for the size of the photos. I don't seem to be able to make them smaller 🤦‍♀️

IMG_20201213_130145.jpg
IMG_20201213_130158.jpg
IMG_20201213_130243.jpg
IMG_20201213_130304.jpg
IMG_20201213_130330.jpg
IMG_20201213_130358.jpg
IMG_20201213_130453.jpg
IMG_20201213_134241.jpg

IMG_20201213_130607.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 27
My tree has been up since my husband went 😂
It’s pretty bland but full of Disney princesses also,
But my favourite decorations are our placecards from our wedding.
everyone got their name etched in acrylic with ribbon for them to take home 🥰
image.jpg
image.jpg

Also don’t judge the bauble placement I let my little girls decorate it for the first time this year and the placement irritates me so much but they did themselves and they love it

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I live at home again at the moment, and we have a pretty big real tree in our lounge. But where I spend a lot of time upstairs and already had decorations from living out of home I thought I’d order a fake one for my room. Accidentally otdered a 7ft one 😂
They are a fairly random mix of tacky and things with memories.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Must add the random lobster you see was an anniversary present to my husband, I try to stick to the traditional paper, cotton etc
So cotton he got a new t shirt as I accidentally dyed one of his expensive ones when washed with my daughters jumpsuit 😂 but the lobster was an extra as he calls me Mrs lobster and we use the 🦞 emoji as a love you after a text lol
So I bought it for him as a little inside joke so that even though he’s not here for Christmas at least he’s dangling on my tree....

Oh my god that sounds soooo weird

Reactions: 4
Only got around to putting the tree up this morning, and the cat is not impressed!

Anyway:

- Joining us for the first time this year are Kevin the carrot and family 🥕
- Bought the red bauble in Krakow last year when I was there for my 40th
- My Irish SIL gave me the postbox one a few years ago. They're green over there
- The shoe and car ones are a few years old, but I think they were both from Poundland
- Can't remember where The Snowman is from. Possibly Tesco as it had jellies in it
- The reindeer is a recent purchase from Primark
- Finally, a well dressed bottle of Jameson 🥃

Apologies for the size of the photos. I don't seem to be able to make them smaller 🤦‍♀️

View attachment 345245View attachment 345246View attachment 345247View attachment 345248View attachment 345249View attachment 345251View attachment 345252View attachment 345254
View attachment 345259
I have the very same green post box on my tree. It’s extra special to me this year to have my Irish decorations on my tree ❤ I have not been able to see my family for a very long time and won’t get home for Christmas this year. Nollaig Shona x x x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have the very same green post box on my tree. It’s extra special to me this year to have my Irish decorations on my tree ❤ I have not been able to see my family for a very long time and won’t get home for Christmas this year. Nollaig Shona x x x
I haven't seen my brother or SIL since last year. Really hope to be able to get over to Ireland in 2021. Hopefully you'll be able to as well x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I love that you have the carrot kids on your tree btw!
this is the first year I haven’t bought the carrots but honestly with working there scanning them everyday and this year working at Aldi, I couldn’t bare to have them in the house 😂

my little easy part time job turned into a stressful full time one.
i do though love seeing the Kevin family and the Aldi appreciation

Reactions: 3
This is the first year I've bought Kevin and the crew. I went to buy them last year but they just sold out so fast. I can't remember exactly how much they were, around £3 I think, well worth it for that.

I think I mentioned to you before that I used to work in Tesco when I was at uni, so I know exactly what you mean about retail being stressful, especially this time of year.

Reactions: 1
The ones I have on the tree come with the ribbon on, but there is a bigger size too which doesn't have ribbons.
I think there the ones my mum got my little girl- I think I’ll wait until next year to get ones for the tree as she might want to take them to bed with OG carrot family.

Reactions: 2