Shout out to companies that give great service.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't want to derail the 'companies you will never buy from again' thread but good service needs to be praised.

A few posters mentioned McDonald's are really on top of their game , especially since lockdown and other food establishments could follow their lead . I'm sure McDonald's have always given good service, usually they are clean . I don't go that often, but if I'm away from home ( driving) we'd likely choose McDonald's to stop off at.

What large /national companies have people had positive experiences with?

Reactions: 4
Waitrose & Partner, the one that I shopped at always go above and beyond to help
1. one time the button of my coat somehow got tangled onto the shopping basket, while I was trying to remove it, a staff came quickly to offer to hold my shopping for me and ask if I am ok
2. ask for a cheese that I cannot find on the shelf, the lady checked her stock record and actually went to the storeroom to grab it for me. She could have say nah, out of stock but she actually checks it

Reactions: 3
The Supermarkets have mostly been great during this difficult time. Measures put into place to make sure everyone was safe, whilst they were shopping. They kept working, whilst we were self isolating. They deserve some kind of recognition.

Reactions: 10
I didn't want to derail the 'companies you will never buy from again' thread but good service needs to be praised.

A few posters mentioned McDonald's are really on top of their game , especially since lockdown and other food establishments could follow their lead . I'm sure McDonald's have always given good service, usually they are clean . I don't go that often, but if I'm away from home ( driving) we'd likely choose McDonald's to stop off at.

What large /national companies have people had positive experiences with?
Love this thread!

I think it was me that derailed the other thread with the Maccie D’s chat! Apologies but I just thought credit where it is due.

It’s not somewhere I go to very often and only ended up there at the weekend when the place we wanted to go was closed for breakfast but they were great.

I’ll have to have a think of other companies that I’ve had good experiences with and come back. 😃

Reactions: 2
Wayfair has really good customer service. A lot of our furniture is from there, we had some that arrived damaged, instead of sending it back, they said we could give it away lol and then they sent us a new piece.

Reactions: 7
The Body Shop, I went in there last year with some specific things in mind that I thought I could get on a multi-offer. When I took them all to the till I found out some weren't part of the offer, but the girl behind the till gave me a load of free samples instead. She was so lovely and helpful, she genuinely wanted to save me some money.
I've also never ever had a problem with Asos, so I'm always baffled by the amount of complaints they get on fb.
I also really really love our local Vets4Pets. You wouldn't think with them being based in a chain store they'd be great but the staff there are absolutely fantastic, they treat my cat like he is royalty too 😂

Amazon are always great with the compo vouchers, a tenner here and there whenever the parcels don’t show.

Reactions: 6
Love this thread!

I think it was me that derailed the other thread with the Maccie D’s chat! Apologies but I just thought credit where it is due.

It’s not somewhere I go to very often and only ended up there at the weekend when the place we wanted to go was closed for breakfast but they were great.

I’ll have to have a think of other companies that I’ve had good experiences with and come back. 😃
My ex's sister worked in McDonald's, they were really flexible with hours and she ended up being promoted. She said the worst thing about working there was people's reactions when they found out where she worked!

Reactions: 6
Dunelm- went to collect an order when some of their stores had just opened for click and collect. I arrived about 25 minutes before they closed, huge queue on a boiling hot day and tbh the staff looked exhausted as they were carrying stuff out to cars, but the service was great and they couldn’t have been more helpful. I got to the front of the queue just as they were closing, there was still a long line behind me and they weren’t showing any signs of turning people away. I actually sent feedback through their website praising them.

Reactions: 8
My mum does a lot of printing of sheet music, and my g/f and I are working from home and having to do a fair bit of printing. We have found a smashing efficient and competitively priced ink merchants called the Cartridge People. We usually get our cartridges within 24 hours of ordering at no extra cost.

McDonald’s - my daughter had an incident involving their food and when I complained they properly investigated it and gave me £20 in vouchers

Amazon - I know they treat their staff badly but their customer service is amazing. The couple times a parcel hasn’t turned up they’ve either sent out a replacement ASAP or refunded me with an additional gift card. Once my daughter got hold of the remote and accidentally bought a film, I didn’t realise until I got the order confirmation email and it’d played for more than the time valid for return... they refunded me anyway. Apparently they accept fully read ebooks for return too even if you do it multiple times

Royal Mail - rarely have issues with them compared to other couriers. I usually choose them for delivery

Reactions: 7
I get my cats food from Zooplus.com and can’t recommend them enough to any pet owner. They have a huge selection of food, loads of brands that you can’t find in the supermarket or even in somewhere like pets at home. I’m a bit of a cat food snob, I prefer to get the grain free, high meat content brands for my pampered kitty, which is almost never available in the supermarket and if it is it’s £££, I never have an issue finding what I’m looking for on zooplus, they also do the more well known brands like felix etc. It’s always delivered very promptly within 3 days or less (I order once a month).

I also got all my cats stuff from there when we first got him, like litter boxes, bowls, beds etc. All very reasonably priced and definitely cheaper than pets at home. Good choice of toys, I got a cat tree off there for half what I would have paid for a similar one from pets at home. So yeah, Zooplus is fab. You can collect points and spend them on some pretty cool pet stuff too.

Bravissimo are great. They replaced a bra i'd had a while but never worn and when I tried it on the lacing tore. They sent me a new bra in a new style I got to choose. I have a weird size so spend ££ on bra's that fit. They've always been really helpful.

The customer service at lush is great. Went in today for a couple of bath bombs. And when I got to the till they gave me a free bathbomb and loads of samples!

ASOS are on my list of the worst, I had 2 incidents last year where despite me paying for annual next day delivery they just didn’t send my parcels, first time was a week before my holiday and was hundreds of pounds of holiday essentials, second time was a £150 Burberry jumper for my boyfriends birthday ordered a week before - both times they didn’t apologise or explain what had happened, just refunded my money (6 days later) and told me to get over it basically which meant then having to find replacements in a rush with them still having loads of my cash!

But I’m glad you’ve had good service from them haha :)

The Body Shop, I went in there last year with some specific things in mind that I thought I could get on a multi-offer. When I took them all to the till I found out some weren't part of the offer, but the girl behind the till gave me a load of free samples instead. She was so lovely and helpful, she genuinely wanted to save me some money.
I've also never ever had a problem with Asos, so I'm always baffled by the amount of complaints they get on fb.
I also really really love our local Vets4Pets. You wouldn't think with them being based in a chain store they'd be great but the staff there are absolutely fantastic, they treat my cat like he is royalty too 😂

I agree on terrible service from ASOS too. Won’t go into detail so as not to derail but it was so bad I refuse to shop with them anymore.

A company that gives great service is First Direct. We have our mortgage with them and have to say from the first contact we ever had they have been great. Any time I’ve needed to contact customer service they have been super helpful and the person on the phone has always been really engaged and it hasn’t felt like they were using a script they way you normally feel when speaking to call centre reps. Honestly can’t recommend them highly enough!

Reactions: 1
ASOS are on my list of the worst, I had 2 incidents last year where despite me paying for annual next day delivery they just didn’t send my parcels, first time was a week before my holiday and was hundreds of pounds of holiday essentials, second time was a £150 Burberry jumper for my boyfriends birthday ordered a week before - both times they didn’t apologise or explain what had happened, just refunded my money (6 days later) and told me to get over it basically which meant then having to find replacements in a rush with them still having loads of my cash!

But I’m glad you’ve had good service from them haha :)
Aw that is so crap! Sorry that happened to you!

I bloody jinxed myself didn't I, I just had a Mac lipstick delivered from them today and it's broken 🙈

There is an excellent home and garden store called Gardiner Haskins. They are a great source for D.I.Y. items, their store is like an Aladins cave of items. They also value their customers, which is important. Unfortunately I know of only two Gardiner Haskins branches, so they are not a nationwide company. They do have a website though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2