Shark vacuum cleaners reviews

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought here would be a good place to get a general opinion of them. I’ve heard good and bad reports of them.

I’ve been debating buying one for a couple of months. I’ve heard they’re great for carpets but not hard floors. Is that true? I only have carpet on my stairs. I’ve always preferred a cylinder hoover to get into corners etc.

I thought here would be a good place to get a general opinion of them. I’ve heard good and bad reports of them.

I’ve been debating buying one for a couple of months. I’ve heard they’re great for carpets but not hard floors. Is that true? I only have carpet on my stairs. I’ve always preferred a cylinder hoover to get into corners etc.
Which model are you looking for?

Reactions: 1
I think it’s this one. I don’t want cordless. I’m terrible for forgetting to charge things. View attachment 51564
If you have a local library near you, go there and look for the consumer reports magazine and check the back index to see which issue has the review for the best vacuum cleaners which a cord are. My dad has a Shark vacuum.

I’ve got the shark lift away (corded)

Really like it. It’s powerful, really strong suction, brings the carpets up a treat, it has a carpet and hard floor setting so works well on both. It’s a good vacuum cleaner, cost £170 which to be honest is about the maximum is pay for one. Nothing negative to say about it, I think it’s better than the Dyson we had previously.

Reactions: 3
We have the shark lift away (corded). We also have 2 black labs and really crap carpets. I really rate it (we had a Dyson previously) You can vary the suction which I like, and it has different settings for carpet and hard floor. The amount of crap it pulled out of supposedly clean carpets when we moved in was vile. It does need emptying more than other makes but that is a small price to pay. The liftaway option is great and means I can get under loads of furniture. Filters are easy to access and clean.

Reactions: 2
I have the corded lift away. Brilliant Hoover!! It's amazing how much it picks up.

I have it and love it! The lights on mine highlight every crumb on hard floors so would say it's brilliant for hard floors as you don't miss anything.

We have the cordless shark and I really like it. Great suction on carpets and I have no problems on my hardwood floors too, my Dyson didn’t always pick up crumbs properly from the wood floors. The cordless batteries come with lights so you know when to charge and it came with 2 batteries.

I’ve been to Currys just to feel the weight of one and I think I’m gonna buy one.

Just one more question though - are the attachments as good as the main cleaner? I have a fabric sofa and 4 cats 😳 My curtains need done daily as well

I've been thinking about getting a shark lift away for a while now. My current hover is a hetty and just so big and heavy. This has been good to read great reviews about it

Weve got the lift away also and its brilliant. As someone else said the crap it pulled out of supposedly clean carpets made me feel sick. Makes the dyson seem like a kids toy in comparison. Not great on hard floors in my opinion but on carpets it cant be beaten.

I hate my shark. I have the cordless lift away dual battery one. Over £300 and it’s rubbish. I have a black Labrador and hard floors everywhere except the stairs and yes it does it’s job but it’s not as fantastic as everyone says.

I also have a Bosch athlete that I got reconditioned on eBay for under £100 and it’s fab. My friend has the new vax. The black one and that’s better than the shark as well.

I have the cordless lift away, its great on carpets with a powerful suction but I find it a little heavy, that's the only negative I can say really