Shadow and Bone - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone else watched this?

I've finished watching it and it's a pretty decent show but I thought some of Alina's parts were poorly acted compared to others and I think she can be a bit too whiny. I ended up being way more interested in other characters like Kaz, Inej and Jesper and Nina and the druskelle, Matthias.

Also, please use the spoiler tag if you're going to talk about something that comes from the books and not the TV show. Thank you :)

I loved it! It took me a few episodes to get in to but overall I really enjoyed it! I was quite worried how they would adapt for screen but I think it worked well

also Ben Barnes:love:

Reactions: 5
I LOVED it. I agree about Alina - she's not the strongest actor. Loved Jesper and Ben Barnes is dreamy šŸ˜

I did spend the first episode wondering whether Id be able to stick at it but binged it and loved it. Might read the books.

Reactions: 2
the irregulars got cancelled?šŸ˜­ swear thereā€™s some awful shows that continually get renewed but shows with potential never došŸ˜”
Netflix cancelled it earlier this month šŸ˜­ It was such a great show and they didn't even give it a chance

Just finished it!
Since i haven't read the books i found it a bit complicated to grasp at first. Also found alina's character just so unlikable. Loved kaz, inej and jasper.

Would've loved to see the goat kill the "general" though šŸ¤®

Reactions: 1
Loved it! The first episode was a struggle to get through. Ben barnes is great at being unlikeable! šŸ˜‚

Reviving this thread as a total latecomer to the Shadow and Bone party!

- Iā€™ve never really paid much attention to Ben Barnes but oh my, Iā€™ve now developed a full on crush. Just gorgeous (personality wise too).
- I loved the Crows! Have started with those books before the Shadow and Bone ones, and am really enjoying them.
- In the first episode, I found the acting a bit cheesy but I think everyone improved with each episode. The actor who plays Alina seems smart and lovely IRL, and I donā€™t think she came through the traditional acting route, so Iā€™m here for that.
- Thereā€™s a great podcast called ā€œBehind The Scenesā€ which deep dives into the series (soundbites from the actors, the author, and various production insights. I also loved learning how Eric Heisserer came on board and the fan casting of Ben Barnes as the Darkling/Aleksander/General Kirrigan!)

So yes, Iā€™m fully obsessed and excited about S2. In the meantime, Iā€™ll be reading the books and sighing at Ben Barnesā€™ gorgeous face!

I haven't read the books but decided to give the show a go. I assume it's a bit like Harry Potter in the sense that the world building is all done in the books and so just enough is given in the show for the uninitiated to get a handle on the plot.

Little baffled by the end to be honest and why that couldn't have been done all along but maybe I missed something.

The only thing for me, I feel like Ben Barnes is objectively hot and he knows it. There's something for me that's a little off-putting. He was also too scrawny for the Cape, it was wearing him. I feel like the Game of Thrones men wore a cape better. Bulk might have added a physical presence for me. But *shrugs*

Reactions: 1
Iā€™ve just finished episode 3 and Iā€™m loving it. Im trying to take my time instead of binge watching it, I like to savour a good series haha, still in love with KiriganšŸ˜I want him and Alina together but I canā€™t see that happening.