Sex and the City & And Just Like That #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread!

Brief Recap - mostly we all find AJLT pretty tedious to the point that no one felt too inclined to make a new thread.

I created one, selfishly, so that I could continue to rant in real time as I rewatched the original SATC from the beginning.

Carrie is a dick. That’s all.

Edit - also I’ve never created a thread before and I forgot to add a number #9 to it and don’t know how now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Samantha deserves a bloody medal as far as I'm concerned. She helped Carrie with her stuck diaphragm, she fed her after the Big marriage shenanigans and she put up with multiple slaggings by her alleged friends.

Reactions: 35
Someone said in the last thread that they wouldn't be surprised if Aidan was the ghost of Big trying to find out who Carrie loved best or something to that effect.

The thing is - Big was never threatened by Aidan - he always knew he could have Carrie at the click of his fingers. He never really gave a tit about her. He was with her when it was convenient for him. He only ended up with her to wrap the series up in a neat bow - Carrie and Big; Charlotte and Harry; Miranda and Steve; Samantha and Smith. The series ended when all the women got men. That always irritated me.
---
I was relieved when they rectified it in the first movie - Samantha choose herself. Miranda should have too.

Someone said in the last thread that they wouldn't be surprised if Aidan was the ghost of Big trying to find out who Carrie loved best or something to that effect.

The thing is - Big was never threatened by Aidan - he always knew he could have Carrie at the click of his fingers. He never really gave a tit about her. He was with her when it was convenient for him. He only ended up with her to wrap the series up in a neat bow - Carrie and Big; Charlotte and Harry; Miranda and Steve; Samantha and Smith. The series ended when all the women got men. That always irritated me.
---
I was relieved when they rectified it in the first movie - Samantha choose herself. Miranda should have too.
Tbh I said that as a joke. But YES, there is no reason that everyone should get a man Oprah style - you get a man, and you get a man, everybody gets a man! It feels like history repeating with Aidan - they are only together to wrap up the series so that Carrie isn't single. You know, so the duck what if Carrie is single? I want to see Carrie and Seema living their best 50+ single lives in the Hamptons actually, not sticking them with uninspired love interests because the writers still mistakenly seen to think that the worst thing a woman can be is single.

Miranda was soo right to call Carrie out for moving to Paris on what is essentially a whim for Alex.

Reactions: 11
Why
Tbh I said that as a joke.
Haha - I know! Didn't think the writers were going to go scooby-doo on us! Although at this point I haven't a clue what they will do!
---
Miranda was soo right to call Carrie out for moving to Paris on what is essentially a whim for Alex.
Why couldn't that have worked out? Carrie living her best life flitting between Paris and New York with her sophisticated lover. Have a column in a NY paper and doing something cool maybe even fashion related in Paris. I would have liked that for her.

Reactions: 12
Why

Haha - I know! Didn't think the writers were going to go scooby-doo on us! Although at this point I haven't a clue what they will do!
---

Why couldn't that have worked out? Carrie living her best life flitting between Paris and New York with her sophisticated lover. Have a column in a NY paper and doing something cool maybe even fashion related in Paris. I would have liked that for her.
I think it was the fact she had no plan at all and was giving up her whole life - for a man. Lexi Featherston fell out the window “I’m so bored I could die”, and Carrie freaked out and emigrated 🤣 It was bullshit, Miranda was right. Carrie forbidding her friends to ask questions about her move across the world was infuriating.

Reactions: 12
Why haven't there been any scenes of Steve and Aidan hanging out? We could get a great scene with them talking about their marriages ending and Aidan exploring his feelings about Carrie. Let's throw Harry into the mix just because - it would be interesting to see what the guys make of all this.

Of course nobody is written with any backbone or negative opinion regarding Carrie whatsoever, so it wouldn't work.

Reactions: 28
Why haven't there been any scenes of Steve and Aidan hanging out? We could get a great scene with them talking about their marriages ending and Aidan exploring his feelings about Carrie. Let's throw Harry into the mix just because - it would be interesting to see what the guys make of all this.

Of course nobody is written with any backbone or negative opinion regarding Carrie whatsoever, so it wouldn't work.
They were friends and business partners. What happened there? Has it ever been mentioned in AJLT? Did they keep in touch? Fall out? Men’s friendship dynamics are so different to women’s. Lazy, lazy writing strikes again 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 19
They were friends and business partners. What happened there? Has it ever been mentioned in AJLT? Did they keep in touch? Fall out? Men’s friendship dynamics are so different to women’s. Lazy, lazy writing strikes again 🤦🏻‍♀️
Exactly. Is Steve the sole owner of Scout now? Considering the bar is mentioned in a fair bit of the show, it would be nice to just acknowledge if Aidan has anything to do with it or him anymore.

It's weird to just gloss over all those details. A scene between Steve and Aidan would give them some much needed character development but they only seem to exist as plot devices.

Reactions: 17

this!!!! they had such a genuine friendship in the series and i was actually looking forward to seeing them reunite in some way. but, again, that would be an interesting subplot that viewers would like to see and we know this show hates those.

Reactions: 15
Don’t shoot me, but I just watched the latest episode and quite enjoyed it! 😂
I thought the Brady storyline was quite funny and always like Anthony in it

Reactions: 4
I’m back. Watched another episode in my ‘lunch break’. It’s where Carrie has a go at Aiden for the sounds he makes when kissing her. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄. And of course she turns every conversation with her friends back to herself and her PITY PARTY about cheating on Aiden with Big. Only Carrie would make herself the victim in that situation.

What a dick.

Reactions: 14
Don’t shoot me, but I just watched the latest episode and quite enjoyed it! 😂
I thought the Brady storyline was quite funny and always like Anthony in it
i really enjoy brady in this series tbh (not so much the first one) - the actor is really good, especially in his scenes with miranda.

Reactions: 10

They filmed stuff with Steve and Aiden, so I think it will be in the next two episodes. Aiden and Carrie and Steve were pictured at I think the boardwalk at Coney Island

Attachments

Reactions: 9
I’m back. Watched another episode in my ‘lunch break’. It’s where Carrie has a go at Aiden for the sounds he makes when kissing her. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄. And of course she turns every conversation with her friends back to herself and her PITY PARTY about cheating on Aiden with Big. Only Carrie would make herself the victim in that situation.

What a dick.
Yeah, when she’s cheating on Aidan with Big and everything Aidan does annoys her. Carrie is such a witch. The worst!

Reactions: 13
They filmed stuff with Steve and Aiden, so I think it will be in the next two episodes. Aiden and Carrie and Steve were pictured at I think the boardwalk at Coney Island
Eurgh no, duck off Carrie and let the bros talk. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yeah, when she’s cheating on Aidan with Big and everything Aidan does annoys her. Carrie is such a witch. The worst!
And she’s such a dick when she tells him and her apology is such bs. Such a bad attitude. On an aside Aiden’s suit for the wedding is hideous, why is he wearing a brown suit with a sage green shirt?!

Reactions: 7
And she’s such a dick when she tells him and her apology is such bs. Such a bad attitude. On an aside Aiden’s suit for the wedding is hideous, why is he wearing a brown suit with a sage green shirt?!
Cause he’s all “hippy” and rugged. That brown suit was 🤢 (but I still would). Aidan 2.0 hasn’t happened yet 🤣

Reactions: 8
Anyone else think it was bit off that Carrie was slagging off Big wondering whether he was a huge mistake, all the while planning to move to a huge expensive Park Avenue apartment with Aiden which she can only afford because of Bigs money 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.