Sending a text message to the wrong person

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few weeks ago I sent a text to a friend I’d not seen in a while. Just said “Hello stranger how are you getting on x”.
Didn’t hear back from her so I thought she’s got the knock with me.
Scrolling through my phone a few days ago I realised I’d sent the text to her boyfriend (they have similar profile photos).
Immediately I sent text to her saying what I’d done anyway she got back to me everything was fine and she was going away for a week.
Next day no sooner had she got on the train the boyfriend starts calling me. I didn’t answer any of the six missed calls but later in the evening I sent a text asking if all was ok. He’s back on the blower within seconds so I answered. He’s going on saying he didn’t know the text was from me (bleeping liar) and that she had called him untrustworthy and so on.
So I may have sabotaged that relationship but time will tell. He does have previous though been married and divorced three times!

I'm glad this doesn't really happen with modern phones. I was always doing this with a nokia 3310

I once complained about a flatmate and sent it to the flatmate calling her a spoilt poison dwarf. She asked the next day "did you send me a text? I was so drunk i can't remember what it said". When we both knew she read it and it was about her despite me saying I was complaining about someone else.

Reactions: 1
Was talking to a friend about vibrators and said I really wanted a certain one and what she thought of it... we are really close and nothing is off limits 😂 except in the meantime another friend texted me, who I sort of fancied... yes you guessed it, I had texted him instead! 🙈🙈🙈 i grovelled like hell... needless to say our relationship wasn’t quite the same afterwards although we still talk so he can’t be that scarred!

(and I didn’t get the vibrator either)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I got to work one morning and this lady I work with was in a horribly happy mood. Like over the top. We have instant messaging at work and I texted my colleague 'her extremely happy mood is awful' and sent it to her instead. I am glad I didn't write worse :rolleyes:

My mate sent a voice note to her friend about the guy she’d been dating and how she was going to end it as he just made her cringe a bit.... yep she sent it to him! 🤦🏼‍♀️ Needless to say they didn’t see each other again!

Reactions: 2
I once wrote a long kinky message to my fella telling him in graphic detail what I was gonna do to him-and sent it to my mother

i also sent a message to my mate slagging off someone that we (still) work with
my mate got it while said workmate was reading something over her shoulder and read the lot

i gave zero fucks-I stand by what I said about the lazy cow

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I'm glad this doesn't really happen with modern phones. I was always doing this with a nokia 3310

I once complained about a flatmate and sent it to the flatmate calling her a spoilt poison dwarf. She asked the next day "did you send me a text? I was so drunk i can't remember what it said". When we both knew she read it and it was about her despite me saying I was complaining about someone else.
Wow I feel awkward just imagining that scene!

When I was 18 I lived with 3 other girls. I clashed a bit with one of them and found her really hard work. I once messaged one of the girls I lived with about the one I didn’t like saying how annoying she was and I couldn’t stand her.
I then heard her phone pinging in her bedroom next to mine as soon as I sent it.
I had to go through to her room and apologise but she didn’t take it well at all (fair enough as I would hate to receive a bitchy text about me). We barely spoke after that and both moved out a few months later

• Sad
  • Wow
I once texted my dad telling him to duck off, which was intended for an ex boyfriend. I know it’s not that bad compared to some of these, but at time I was mortified 😂

• Haha
I haven't sent one but my Dad has sent me a text meant for my Mum...

I didn't want to learn about their sex life.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I haven't sent one but my Dad has sent me a text meant for my Mum...

I didn't want to learn about their sex life.
haha this happens all the time to my sister I have no idea how, all I can say is I’m so glad it’s her and not me 😂😂🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Years ago we used Yahoo Messenger at work (oops) and a few of us would bitched about this girl who was a flirty boot licker. She would chat to important people at work (not after a relationship) and GIFT stuff to the important people (home baked cookies and stuff) to get promoted (worked for her)..

1 day I was bitching about her flirting with a broker and sent it to her by mistake 😬

Another time my colleague did a "reply to ALL" to a coy email instead of just to me to witch about our admin executive.

I have left the job but they're both still there

And most recently, I sent a WhatsApp message about my nasty supervisor,calling her a 🐭 (rat) to a totally unrelated Group chat.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I sent a text to my colleague instead of my ex saying 'Morning baby, just booked us a hotel room in Cardiff this weekend' 😂😂

• Haha
My dad was looking after my kids when they were younger and texted to say they were a bit bored. I replied with ‘well they won’t be if you get their toys out’ Except autocorrect changed toys to tits 🙈🙈🙈

I also mistakenly sent ‘fancy a blow job tonight?’ to my ex husband, after we’d divorced 😣 I never sucked him off when we were together let alone now 😷

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My dad was looking after my kids when they were younger and texted to say they were a bit bored. I replied with ‘well they won’t be if you get their toys out’ Except autocorrect changed toys to tits 🙈🙈🙈

I also mistakenly sent ‘fancy a blow job tonight?’ to my ex husband, after we’d divorced 😣 I never sucked him off when we were together let alone now 😷
I have to ask
what did he reply?!
’well I hate your guts but a bj is a bj’!

• Haha
Reactions: 7