Selling on Depop and Vinted #6 Evri day I love you less & less, I can’t believe there’s cat hair on my dress 🎶

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going on from point made at the end of the last thread I don’t get why people share their wardrobes in full on the FB groups and say take a look? I mean we do browse and buy rubbish, but only things vaguely related to what we’ve been looking at, statistically a random wardrobe won’t have clothes in our size for example

Reactions: 8
This is related to fb marketplace rather than Vinted or Etsy but anyone else get these dead weird pictures with people in weird poses in them?
IMG_7301.jpeg
IMG_7302.jpeg
Think there’s more than just two screws loose here 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Going on from point made at the end of the last thread I don’t get why people share their wardrobes in full on the FB groups and say take a look? I mean we do browse and buy rubbish, but only things vaguely related to what we’ve been looking at, statistically a random wardrobe won’t have clothes in our size for example
Tbf if I ever share photos of my wardrobe, I'll say what size they are as not to waste time i.e most size X, some size X so those not those sizes need not waste time

Does anyone else get a rush when they package a vinted item? 🤣 I swear I love nothing more than the packaging part, toddling off to the corner shop to post 😂 it’s not even about the money at this point, it’s about the dopamine rush 😂😂 my husband thinks I’m mad when I get a sale at 2am and I spring out of bed to package it, ready for tomorrow 😭

pls say someone else knows what I mean 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Does anyone else get a rush when they package a vinted item? 🤣 I swear I love nothing more than the packaging part, toddling off to the corner shop to post 😂 it’s not even about the money at this point, it’s about the dopamine rush 😂😂 my husband thinks I’m mad when I get a sale at 2am and I spring out of bed to package it, ready for tomorrow 😭

I know I love proper parcels, they’re so cute :) so much better than stuff chucked in a pre-sealed bag which is how you receive new things from retailers (I mean I re-use ASOS bags etc, but you have to tape them up cutely and specially) 🌞

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I hate the parcelling up 😂 I definitely just throw it in a mailing bag at the last minute before I’m heading out the door 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 15

I totally get it, I love it too, it definitely appeals to the organisation/stationery lover in me!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Has anyone actually been scammed on Vinted before and I don’t just mean the blatantly obvious ones? A new user with no feedback is selling Zara heels which I really wanted and all the pics in her listing have according to the items description been taken from who she bought them froms profile and you can still see the close button etc which is fine but she has no feedback?

I’ve done some research and apparently the folders option in favourites was a temporary/testing function. I’m fummin’ and ragin. Well I’ve got the hump anyway and I’m favouriting and buying less. I hope they bring it back.

Need to have another sort through my wardrobe and list some things but cannot be bothered. Whoever made £300 from low priced items has inspired me. Just inspired, still haven’t done it!

Reactions: 5
I’ve done some research and apparently the folders option in favourites was a temporary/testing function. I’m fummin’ and ragin. Well I’ve got the hump anyway and I’m favouriting and buying less. I hope they bring it back.

Need to have another sort through my wardrobe and list some things but cannot be bothered. Whoever made £300 from low priced items has inspired me. Just inspired, still haven’t done it!
I listed it in chunks tbf as I can't be dealing with a huge pile of crap in a bag for too long so did small sort outs every 2 weeks, then one lot would sell/go to charity then the next went up and so on. The stuff in my "vinted wardrobe" now is pissing me off in a bag under the stairs 😆 it's off Friday because I cannot deal with it lol luckily sold 4 bits over the weekend at least

Reactions: 3
I had no clue vinted monitored how many things you sell brand new with tags? Over the last month I’ve listed around 6 BNWT items (mostly clothes that don’t fit me as I’ve put weight on and some leftover Christmas gifts) and they basically deleted all the listings today with the reasoning as commercial selling for gain? Bizarre as I just wanted to get rid of stuff round the house going to waste😫😬

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I had no clue vinted monitored how many things you sell brand new with tags? Over the last month I’ve listed around 6 BNWT items (mostly clothes that don’t fit me as I’ve put weight on and some leftover Christmas gifts) and they basically deleted all the listings today with the reasoning as commercial selling for gain? Bizarre as I just wanted to get rid of stuff round the house going to waste😫😬
Really? Crap I’m probably around that mark too.
Do you get notified they’ve been removed

Reactions: 2
Really? Crap I’m probably around that mark too.
Do you get notified they’ve been removed
That’s weird as there is an account which always posts brand new with tags adanola sets and sweatshirts. In the last two months there’s been maybe 30 BNWT items. The other stuff is used kids items. I wonder how that account is allowed to keep posting?

I don’t see why you can’t be a professional seller on there? Don’t see who would be dumb enough to buy from a professional seller anyway, you still have to pay postage, buyer protection and you can’t return- just use the retailer and a discount code

Last edited:
I don’t see why you can’t be a professional seller on there? Don’t see who would be dumb enough to buy from a professional seller anyway, you still have to pay postage and you can’t return- just use the retailer and a discount code
I agree. I don’t even buy new items which are from private sellers for a few quid less than retail as there’s no point.

Reactions: 1
I’m honestly glad that businesses can’t sell commercially on Vinted, as I feel like it’s totally ruined Facebook marketplace

Reactions: 4
Hi, me again. Found some more delightful shoes.
I have no words
Screenshot_20230501_142033_Vinted.jpg
Screenshot_20230501_142036_Vinted.jpg
Screenshot_20230501_142039_Vinted.jpg
Screenshot_20230501_142047_Vinted.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.