Secrets Of Playboy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The ten part series started on Monday night on A&E in America with a double header which is available online to those of us who don't want to wait until whenever it airs in our own country.....

I suspect the last eight episodes will be on the above link sometime on a Tuesday for the next two months. It was a bit of a witch hunt towards a guy not around to defend himself, but it was good TV. He changed the world with his magazine. The world was quite a prudish place after World War 2 and then he came along in the 1950s and gave grown women a chance to use their good looks to become famous and make a lot of money and have an extremely good life of A list parties, living in a mansion etc. If they didn't like Hefner they could have left at any point. Instead they milked the lifestyle they didn't want to give up then wait years after his death to take a pay cheque from a TV channel to bash a man who can't defend the allegations against him.

Can't wait for part 3.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I watched the first 2 episodes last night. I am interested to see how the rest is, but the first two were solid. I agree that he should have had a chance to respond to the allegations. But like every other time anyone tried-he got away Scot free. This would have been no different I suspect.

Reactions: 3
I think it was no secret what was going on at the mansion etc however I'm not sure you can get a bigger red flag than publishing Marliyn Monroe's nudes against her wishes then buying the cemetry plot next to her after her death, to sexually harass her beyond the grave.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Part 4 was depressing. But I knew the drugs thing would have to come up eventually. So unbelievable that he was sending 20 year old girls to get drugs for him. And all the prescriptions in many peoples names. Wow.

Reactions: 2
He changed the world with his magazine. The world was quite a prudish place after World War 2 and then he came along in the 1950s and gave grown women a chance to use their good looks to become famous and make a lot of money and have an extremely good life of A list parties
I don't know about that. The US has always had a complicated relationship in regard to sexuality, due to its strident puritanical heritage when compared with other Western nations. Giving women the opportunity to make large amounts of cash based on their looks or easy access is as old as time. It's no suprise that the only professions that women make more money than men is modelling and prostitution. Stripping off isn't revolutionary, it's retrograde. Hefner's take on having the girl next door ideal, preferably blonde and super clean, was one dimensional and a woman who is easily controlled, naive; living and breathing automatons, not human beings.

I grew up during the feminist era of the 70s and 80s, the TV movie starring Kirstie Alley as Gloria Steinem working undercover in a Playboy Club in NYC. You heard the stories of how these women were treated like tit, the organ crushing outfits, 3 inch heels, lack of protection and that stupid bunny dip. :rolleyes: If that wasn't enough, these ladies had to undergo a gynecological exam TO BE A WAITRESS!?! Playboy threatened to sue Steinem and loved publishing her bunny pics. Watching this new series, I now know things were worse.

Ultimately, this is a tale about a man making money off the backs of very young women, lacking a sense of self and out their depths. His girlfriends had a 9:00 curfew. What teenager do you know that has a 9:00 p.m. curfew for the weekend at least? He had security reporting on his wife Kimberly that she couldn't take a piss at a friend's house without him knowing. He kept blackmail photos. Crimes occurred under his watch, but we mustn't tarnish the brand. In the end he was geriatric piece of tit recluse in his nasty, skanky mansion smelling of dog piss. The fact that he is interred next to Marilyn Monroe, using photos she posed for when she was broke and she didn't even get a cut? It is an insult.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
It get more and more grim. And is super disappointing in many ways. You don’t want to believe a lot that went on. But it apparently did.

Reactions: 3
The ten part series started on Monday night on A&E in America with a double header which is available online to those of us who don't want to wait until whenever it airs in our own country.....

I suspect the last eight episodes will be on the above link sometime on a Tuesday for the next two months. It was a bit of a witch hunt towards a guy not around to defend himself, but it was good TV. He changed the world with his magazine. The world was quite a prudish place after World War 2 and then he came along in the 1950s and gave grown women a chance to use their good looks to become famous and make a lot of money and have an extremely good life of A list parties, living in a mansion etc. If they didn't like Hefner they could have left at any point. Instead they milked the lifestyle they didn't want to give up then wait years after his death to take a pay cheque from a TV channel to bash a man who can't defend the allegations against him.

Can't wait for part 3.
Watched the 1st episode! Really interesting!
Looks a good site for programmes, how do you go about signing up to it etc?

Watched the 1st episode! Really interesting!
Looks a good site for programmes, how do you go about signing up to it etc?
It's free of charge and pop up free. If there is something you want to watch from Netflix, Apple, Amazon, cinema etc just type it in to the search bar to see if it comes up.

I can’t imagine living the life of a Bunny, nor can I imagine wanting to live like that. I couldn’t begin to understand the women who did. I don’t view any of them as “winners,” but maybe some of them would think I’m a loser for working (fully clothed) in an office. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Next week sounds like it’s going to be scandalous-celebs and the secrets around all of them. And the VIP section. Bill Cosby is going to be discussed.

Reactions: 1
It starts on UK television next Wednesday night on Crime Investigation channel 156 on Sky with a double header. It's a real eye opener but still only one side of the story where the other side cannot defend themselves and a few look like they have a axe to grind.

Reactions: 1
It starts on UK television next Wednesday night on Crime Investigation channel 156 on Sky with a double header. It's a real eye opener but still only one side of the story where the other side cannot defend themselves and a few look like they have a axe to grind.
Hefner died a man not as rich as he should have been, I suspect he had used his money to pay a lot of people to Disappear from his life and never speak to him or about the incidents again, maybe ndas where signed and after his death they became void. I’m sorry but I have always believed hef to be a shady character, just from the people he called friends which have their own sexual assault histories.

Reactions: 6
Twelve parts of women only rich and famous because of him tarnishing his reputation when he's no longer around to defend him. He's been around thousands of women over the decades but the series only had a couple who spoke out. Such a small percentage. Those who don't speak bad about him like Crystal and Kendra were not given a voice.

• Haha
Twelve parts of women only rich and famous because of him tarnishing his reputation when he's no longer around to defend him. He's been around thousands of women over the decades but the series only had a couple who spoke out. Such a small percentage. Those who don't speak bad about him like Crystal and Kendra were not given a voice.
Crystal has a book coming out about him 😂 she’s probably declined to keep her story exclusive

And Kendra comes from a pretty messed up background, so she was probably use it being messed about. She liked the drugs and was very promiscuous so it probably didn’t bother her that much!