Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Is there anyone on here who isn't "gender critical"? Some of the things I read on here are horrible and really upsetting and make me want to give my trans friends a hug.

Whilst you're thinking about your trans friends, who I'm sure have genuine gender dysphoria, don't conflate them with the likes of Eddie Izzard who seems to believe that he can live as a woman simply by virtue of wearing a dress and lipstick. Spare a thought for us women who might have been the victims of rape and/or sexual assault, who are being forced to share female only spaces with men who, in some cases, are only wanting to gain entry into said spaces because they are sexual predators.

Google Karen White and Dylan Mulvaney.

Ask yourself why NHS literature refers to 'persons with a cervix' rather than women, but men do not face any such dehumanising.

Nobody is blaming transgender people for any of this, people are blaming the absurdity of the self-identity legislation and how this is endangering women for those chancers who get a kick out of hurting women. Of course there are genuine transsexuals but there are also predators.

Thanks.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 142

Mancunian

VIP Member
Is there anyone on here who isn't "gender critical"? Some of the things I read on here are horrible and really upsetting and make me want to give my trans friends a hug.
You mention horrible posts and hugging people, but have the username Killtheold ??? 😒

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72

Amelia99

VIP Member
This is probably a discussion for the gender thread but can I ask those of you who are accusing posters on here of transphobia, what exactly you’re referring to?

If it’s the question of shared spaces then, of course the vast majority of trans women pose no threat. But the evidence out there shows that there ARE a number of cases where men have identified as trans women and gone on to cause harm to women in shared spaces. So what is the solution? Do you just hope for the best or do you try to ensure that such offences don’t happen. And if you opt for the latter then inevitably it’s going to go down the road of limiting access to certain spaces and or providing the option of a third transgender space.

Is even stating that this issue exists transphobic in your opinion? Because if so I think that is a very head in the sand mentality. Recognising a problem exists is the first step on the road to solving it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 70

killtheold

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64

upyernelly

Chatty Member
I used to love Eddie Izzard:

“They’re not womens clothes, they’re my clothes”. 😂

What a fucking disappointment he turned out to be.

Insinuating that people are homophobic because they call adults out on shitty behaviours is very manipulative and is one of the reasons why predators get away with their predatory behaviours in plain sight.

Philip Schofield is predatory and has used his family for cover and then in turn the gay community.

• Heart
Reactions: 61

Rekyavikgirl

VIP Member
Hi all, this is the secret celebrity gossip thread. Could we please end the GC/trans debate before it becomes unconstructive? Mumsnet is your spiritual home if you want to debate this.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60

Peachsquish

VIP Member
Most of the gender critical stuff I read on here is about believing that biological is real and immutable but that gender is a social construct, in safeguarding single sex spaces and protecting children from irreversible drugs and surgeries because of the regressive idea that liking the activities and clothes society says belong to the opposite sex mean that you are the opposite sex.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 59

secretlondoner

VIP Member
Totally agree. And I don't buy that some of the people aren't being intentionally nasty. Some of the transphobic remarks are just pure malicious and when I explained gender fluidity and the meaning of transgender I got loads of vomit emoji reactions. People with that attitude are on the wrong side of history as far as I'm concerned because not that long it's how people spoke about gay people. And they can laugh and come at people who are more open minded and knowledgeable and experienced with these kind of things all they want, but their "opinion" is wrong and harmful. Thanks for pointing it out because it absolutely stinks, and I don't care if you're "supposed to be able to share your opinion on tattle"- transphobia, racism, misogyny and homophobia are four things that have no place anywhere.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58

House of Tea

VIP Member
How desperate can you be for tbe limelight!! Good luck to her & him they are going to need it!
I can’t understand women getting pregnant by a guy so early in the relationship. Particularly as the father to be is feckless and has casually waved off his family including another newborn. Let them enjoy each other. Helen is the lucky one here, even if she probably doesn’t think so at the moment. She is cracking on, not cracking up. He has a reputation as a low life. I would much rather be in her shoes than his.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

Gymhoned

VIP Member
What annoys me about men who want to be called she who have male genitals and hormones still is how can they possibly say they are female and understand what it is like to be a woman. The things we go through. The shit that gets thrown at us.etc etc. Its insulting quite frankly

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 54

louisekc

That’s a fact, it’s a thing we can’t deny.

I’ve always found her really boring
There was a lyric of hers that really used to boil my piss and I had to turn the radio off whenever it came on “The closest thing to crazy I have ever been. Feeling 22 acting 17” oh yes because what a fucking age difference that is!

• Haha
Reactions: 50

Peachsquish

VIP Member
I do understand reservations about sharing safe spaces. But I find the argument kind of weak - you don't need to scan your vagina to enter a female toilet, men can walk in at any time. If a predator is going to target a women's toilets...he can just walk in.
If a predator is in the female single sex toilets then females should be able to challenge tell the predator to leave and if necessary be supported by the police.

With things like self id and the loss of single sex spaces then females will now longer be able to complain at all in any way as they will be called bigots and the predator will be the victim.

Please also note this has happened already in rape crisis centres where women who need single sex groups have been called bigoted and told to reframe their trauma.
Screenshot_20221014-144203_Chrome.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 49

CarrierPigeon

VIP Member
....why? Do you say the same to men or
Eh? Do I have to share my comments out equally so that the likes of you aren’t offended?

If I said that Katie’s hair looked nice would I have to compliment John’s hair too, just so that he doesn’t feel left out?
Give your head a wobble, and stop being so bloody ridiculous!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 45