Secret Broadcasting Gossip

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
if I may create a spin-off of one of the most popular threads of Tattle SECRET CELEB GOSSIP

what rumours have people heard or are currently hearing around the TV or radio networks however vague

there was a poster here -can't remember who

that said they,d heard ITV may be working towards Phil Schofield departing This Morning in June after 18 years

any past or present chatter you've heard do tell it

Reactions: 9
I heard from first hand who works on the good morning itv about windbag Schofield. Hes got an emergency PR team behind him because of all the unsavoury grooming he has done with very young men/boys.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
This sounds like a good thread, if only I knew any gossip! I'll have to lurk and leave it up to others for the goss!

Reactions: 14
I heard from first hand who works on the good morning itv about windbag Schofield. Hes got an emergency PR team behind him because of all the unsavoury grooming he has done with very young men/boys.
Just re-name him Philip Savile or Jimmy Schofield - that'll make the viewers tune out. I refuse to watch anything he is in - the Channel changer is your friend.

Reactions: 21
I cannot see the appeal of Schofield and how he’s been so successful over the years is beyond me.

He’s a smarmy little git, I’ve got nothing to add other than that.

Reactions: 32
wasn't there talk Carol Vorderman was booted off Countdown because Channel 4 told her to take a cut of NINETY PER CENT

that struck me as really mean and hurtful to somebody who had given near 30 years service

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
A while back. As in a good few years ago now. There was a blind item that was obviously about Piers Morgan saying he’d been having an affair with an Australian woman after they’d bonded over a mutual love of cricket. God knows I’ve always thought he was punching well above with Celia.

The stuff about Schofield is true and Popbitch reported on him hiring a crisis management team when there was a lot of stories about about him bullying in the press. He came out to try and win back public sympathy and of course it worked because he was suddenly lauded for being so ‘brave’. I firmly believe his wife has always known he way gay and turned a blind eye because of the lifestyle he provided for her. Ruth and Eamon hate him, so does Rylan. Ruth, Eamon and Rylan are all very popular behind the scenes at TM. Phil and Holly aren’t.

Judy Finnigan is, or was, a raging alcoholic. Years ago when she was off This Morning for a long time we were all told she’d had a hysterectomy. The truth was she was in rehab. She may be off the booze now as Richard has said they’ve both given up drinking, but he enabled her for years. They even had a wine club on their Channel Four show ffs.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
How come he is protected then. ITV have seen the scale of the fall-out from the Savile scandal. Are they mad?

I cannot see the appeal of Schofield and how he’s been so successful over the years is beyond me.

He’s a smarmy little git, I’ve got nothing to add other than that.
Because old women fancied him and thought he was straight.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Because old women fancied him and thought he was straight.
Has anyone really ever though he was straight? I was initially confused by his 'coming out' drama because I had just assumed he was gay since he first popped up on CBBC when I was a young teenager in the 80s and back then, it took quite a lot for me to figure stuff like that out so it must have been quite obvious. I never took any interest in him thereafter as he repelled me being such a phoney old 'professional' media type, so never knew he had a human shield wifey and kids baked into his image.

I've never known anyone who thought Schofield was anything other than a typical blow-dried, utterly vain, ageing pretty boy media gay anyway, that is if they gave him a second thought, which most didn't.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Has anyone really ever though he was straight? I was initially confused by his 'coming out' drama because I had just assumed he was gay since he first popped up on CBBC when I was a young teenager in the 80s and back then, it took quite a lot for me to figure stuff like that out so it must have been quite obvious. I never took any interest in him thereafter as he repelled me being such a phoney old 'professional' media type, so never knew he had a human shield wifey and kids baked into his image.

I've never known anyone who thought Schofield was anything other than a typical blow-dried, utterly vain, ageing pretty boy media gay anyway, that is if they gave him a second thought, which most didn't.
He pinged my and my mother's radar and I think many suspected, but what still throws most off are hetero marriages (and esp kids).

We all know the facades, but I guess we still think, I don't know, "well then, I must be wrong/maybe they're just camp" etc..

Reactions: 3
if I may create a spin-off of one of the most popular threads of Tattle SECRET CELEB GOSSIP

what rumours have people heard or are currently hearing around the TV or radio networks however vague

there was a poster here -can't remember who

that said they,d heard ITV may be working towards Phil Schofield departing This Morning in June after 18 years

any past or present chatter you've heard do tell it
I hope it’s true!! I suppose after a while this should filter out from other sources before June!!

I just can't believe the BBC didnt have the balls to fire Jimmy Savile as soon as the police had proof of him assaulting people

or LWT didn't let go of Cilla Blck at the first report of her being a cow to the public

somebody on this site said a few weeks back Holly Willoughby is right nasty as soon as the cameras go off

I seem to remember them saying a friend of theirs went up for The Voice

HW didn't wish luck to them or even talk

Reactions: 10
A while back. As in a good few years ago now. There was a blind item that was obviously about Piers Morgan saying he’d been having an affair with an Australian woman after they’d bonded over a mutual love of cricket. God knows I’ve always thought he was punching well above with Celia.

The stuff about Schofield is true and Popbitch reported on him hiring a crisis management team when there was a lot of stories about about him bullying in the press. He came out to try and win back public sympathy and of course it worked because he was suddenly lauded for being so ‘brave’. I firmly believe his wife has always known he way gay and turned a blind eye because of the lifestyle he provided for her. Ruth and Eamon hate him, so does Rylan. Ruth, Eamon and Rylan are all very popular behind the scenes at TM. Phil and Holly aren’t.

Judy Finnigan is, or was, a raging alcoholic. Years ago when she was off This Morning for a long time we were all told she’d had a hysterectomy. The truth was she was in rehab. She may be off the booze now as Richard has said they’ve both given up drinking, but he enabled her for years. They even had a wine club on their Channel Four show ffs.
Sorry. This being the same Eamon Holmes who has been a proper cow to Meghan Markle on the radio and such.

Reactions: 2

Judy has most certainly not given up drink - an ex colleague of mine has wealthy parents who live near the Finnigans main home, I think it backs onto Hampstead Heath, from memory - and the pair of them sit out drinking all of the time, its always the local gossip as whenever anyone sees Judy (which is rarely, as she seems a total recluse, Richard does all the errands) she is always sweating profusely and a bit scatty, but mainly the local tales have been about the fact that, especially over the past year of lockdowns, she will always sit in their garden or on their front terrace, drinking even in terrible weather, late into the night, as if she's oblivious to the time or weather.

They've both always been big drinkers, but Judy in particular loves a win and a gin.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Judy has most certainly not given up drink - an ex colleague of mine has wealthy parents who live near the Finnigans main home, I think it backs onto Hampstead Heath, from memory - and the pair of them sit out drinking all of the time, its always the local gossip as whenever anyone sees Judy (which is rarely, as she seems a total recluse, Richard does all the errands) she is always sweating profusely and a bit scatty, but mainly the local tales have been about the fact that, especially over the past year of lockdowns, she will always sit in their garden or on their front terrace, drinking even in terrible weather, late into the night, as if she's oblivious to the time or weather.

They've both always been big drinkers, but Judy in particular loves a win and a gin.
Reminds me of the alcoholics in my family, also a married couple. One has wrecked their health after being a functioning alcoholic for decades (they’ve been diagnosed with dementia at 67) and the other still enables it, buys the booze, drinks with them etc.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Judy doesn’t sound scatty on their book podcast, she sounds great, I’d say it’s her trying to keep Richard on track. She’s mentioned in a few interviews why she didn’t enjoy some of the television world and it’s interesting to hear.

It's supposedly the main reason Chloe is such a fitness freak as she's seen what drink has done to her parents and doesn't want to go down the same path. It works for other celebrity offspring too who don't want the unhealthy lifestyle of their parents. Probably one of the most famous is Aimee Osbourne and also Anais Gallagher.

Nothing will ever beat the story of Judy shitting herself whilst on air on This Morning.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12