Scalp problems

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Different things work for different people don’t they but here’s what I’ve used

The body shop ginger shampoo and conditioner - worked to start with then stopped. Made my hair feel dry after using it long term.

Tgel shampoo - didn’t work for me although it does for my friend but makes my hair feel horrid.

Prescription shampoo from the drs called dandrazol - worked but not instantly.

superdrug trichology range - didn’t work for me at all

Philip Kingsley - itchy scalp shampoo and conditioner and also scalp toner - this works for me without a doubt and I like the scalp toner. It doesn’t make my hair greasy or dry and I like how all of it makes my hair feel, it is expensive though but for me so worth it.
For Phillip Kingsley have a look at QVC - I was looking at it recently and they were by far the cheapest

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Different things work for different people don’t they but here’s what I’ve used

The body shop ginger shampoo and conditioner - worked to start with then stopped. Made my hair feel dry after using it long term.

Tgel shampoo - didn’t work for me although it does for my friend but makes my hair feel horrid.

Prescription shampoo from the drs called dandrazol - worked but not instantly.

superdrug trichology range - didn’t work for me at all

Philip Kingsley - itchy scalp shampoo and conditioner and also scalp toner - this works for me without a doubt and I like the scalp toner. It doesn’t make my hair greasy or dry and I like how all of it makes my hair feel, it is expensive though but for me so worth it.
I bought the bodyshop shampoo and then bought the conditioner a few weeks later. Thinking about it, I’m not sure why, as you put conditioner on the ends of your hair, not your scalp. So that was a waste of money 😂

I have tried all sorts of shampoo for my scalp, the best is Nizoral (Dandrazol is same thing as contains ketaconazole)

Worst is tgel, it made me so much itchier and felt yuk

My scalp has a condition called malestazia furfur which is fungal and apart from tea tree based products and nizoral, not much out there that can help it

I have become very reliant in nizoral though,it’s the only thing that doesn’t leave my hair looking greasy.

I tried one. It just felt like I had sand in my hair that I couldn't get out. My hair is extremely thick, though.

I've had more success with a silicone scalp brush like this one. Buffs your scalp, really gets the product in, and no residue.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Will order a scalp brush and give it a try!

I haven’t tried T-gel - will give anything a go at this rate even Dandrozel has stopped working for me!
I have suffered for years with what you describe. I also had very bad eczema as a child. Nizoral and betnovate scalp solution was the only thing that helped until I became pregnant and couldn’t use them. My scalp was so broken out and weeping at one side. Then a pharmacist suggested MooGoo scalp cream and shampoo and honestly my scalp has never been better. I also use the Udder cream on my face and body and my skin is so soft and clear.

Attachments

Reactions: 4