Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just injected my first dose of wegovy, everything crossed 🤞 how’s everyone else who started it?

Reactions: 4
I haven't started it yet. Got half a pen of saxenda left. Hoping when that runs out, the next day is an easy work from home day with no meetings as I had pretty much no side effects with saxenda, but wegovy is an unknown.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I started Rybelsus yesterday and am feeling good so far but to be honest not much different appetite wise. Just wondering how long it took before anyone who took rybelsus started to notice a change in appetite?

Day 8 on Viktosa started on 1,2mg today , had very bad diarrhoea all through last night. I don’t think it was anything I ate maybe it was Viktosa? not going to weigh I until my next gp appointment 2/10, so keeping off the scales until then.

Reactions: 1
I started Rybelsus yesterday and am feeling good so far but to be honest not much different appetite wise. Just wondering how long it took before anyone who took rybelsus started to notice a change in appetite?
I'm not on Rybelsus but I definitely had a little appetite suppression on 0.25 of Oz and am noticing it much more so at 0.5. The first dose level of any of these is really just a starter dose to get you adjusted to the medication. Some people do notice a change on it appetite wise but I think for some/most of us it took going up a dose or two to notice a real change.

Can I ask how do you know there are extras doses in a pen? Finding it hard to get next months supply but have 3 .25 pens in fridge but don’t know if anything in them.

Can't get 0.5 pen (ireland). Pharmacist says she cannot get it anywhere. Told me to ask Doctor for victosa, because she has some but it will be gone again. I'm sick of starting and stopping and constantly having to go back to the lowest dose. So I'm going to leave it for now. Hopefully wegovy will arrive in Ireland soon. Good luck to all of you whatever you're taking x

Reactions: 6
Can't get 0.5 pen (ireland). Pharmacist says she cannot get it anywhere. Told me to ask Doctor for victosa, because she has some but it will be gone again. I'm sick of starting and stopping and constantly having to go back to the lowest dose. So I'm going to leave it for now. Hopefully wegovy will arrive in Ireland soon. Good luck to all of you whatever you're taking x
Ditto ditto ditto.

Except I'm only trying to maintain. Feel huge today but know I'm not but would eat all roundme if I gave in.

• Heart
Can I ask how do you know there are extras doses in a pen? Finding it hard to get next months supply but have 3 .25 pens in fridge but don’t know if anything in them.
You can normally see some of the liquid in the clear bit.

The drug expires after a set amount of time, so worth checking that on the packaging (I think it's six weeks after first use, and I imagine some would be more relaxed but personally I didn't used the remains of a pen because it had been more than 6 weeks since my first use of it).

So I'm new too all this weight loss drug thing! I need to lose about 2 stone, my life is just too full on and stressful to do it a healthy way and unfortunately I have a habit of stress eating. I feel like once I got the weight off I could keep it off but it's getting there that I'm struggling with. Where do I even start with the weight loss medication? I suffer from ibs so worried seeing those with diarrhoea as a side effect 😆

Reactions: 5
Can anyone tell me does the pen price differ as you go up in mg? I was being charged €136 for the 0.25 and 0.5 but they want €204 for the 1mg

Started on Tuesday on 0.25mg Ozempic. Last night/today I've went off food. Part of me thinks this is psychological but the things I usually like/crave like chocolate, dizzy juice and crisps don't taste anything like what they normally do. Even bottled water tastes weird. I'm guessing this is the desired effect? Just didn't expect it so soon after starting and on a low dose

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Can anyone tell me does the pen price differ as you go up in mg? I was being charged €136 for the 0.25 and 0.5 but they want €204 for the 1mg
I presume this is Ozempic? Those prices sound good to me based on what others have shared, and closer to the prices before the supply issues.
Where are you getting it from?

I’m in Australia and on my third week of ozempic. I’ve got strong nausea but so far it’s really helping me control my food intake.

• Heart
I presume this is Ozempic? Those prices sound good to me based on what others have shared, and closer to the prices before the supply issues.
Where are you getting it from?
Yes sorry Ozempic! I should have said that. I’m getting it from my local chemist - I’m prescribed it through my endo it’s for other hormone issues I don’t qualify under diabetes

Following with interest, based in Ireland and really hoping to try this out at some point. Need to learn about shortages and best options…

So just had my juniper 6 month review and I’m worried they think I haven’t lost enough weight. I’ve been put on the 0.5ml for ages and I’ve been hanging on so I’ll still be on the list for 1mg when they switch over as I was on it for a month and it was only then I felt it started to be properly effective.

However they were asking about how many calories I was eating I’m like honey no idea. They whole point I ran from those slimming clubs etc is they sent me loopy tracking everything and being paranoid to eat anything I couldn’t weigh and count. I was hoping this would help my body understand hunger cues better.

I guess I better start kcal counting if they chuck me off the plan.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.