Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
FYRE 2.0 and the get rich quick culture

It was only until earlier this year (2020) that Instagram added 'scam or fraud' to its reporting functionality and it was finally a blessing. You can now (and I sincerely hope you do) report instances of suspected fraud. But what was a string of Insta users flashing bundles of cash, fancy watches and posing in crazy expensive cars to convince others to invest via them into bitcoin, fx and shares now started taking a more sinister form. That of performance and business coaches. Personal development coaches. Life coaches. Happiness coaches. Empowerment coaches.

Let me make it absolutely clear here:

Most coaches can help individuals who want to take their business and personal performance to the next level with solid plans and advice. They can add value to you and, depending on their qualifications and prior experience will be able to command a respectable fee even one that sometimes feels eye-watering to most. I fully respect the work that trained and experienced coaches do. I know many such coaches. I also see nothing worrying with people wanting to invest in themselves, through a mentor or coach, especially as it can help them focus on long term goals. There are indeed many success stories.

My advice when it comes to choosing your coach:

• Make sure you research your coach, their background, understand whether they are trading as a business or as sole trader (this will tell you if they are big or small but not necessarily) and what fires them up. Ask for testimonials. Research those success stories. Is the testimonial from someone who actually did something big after hooking up with the coach?

• Before you part with any cash, understand and agree, in writing (it does not need to be a formal contract, this can be an email which also serves as a contract), exactly what they will be helping you with. Ask them to be specific. Ask for a time plan.

• Make sure your personalities align. OK, maybe they don't completely align but if your coach is making your feel uncomfortable for any reason, I think you need to really think why that is. Mentors and not there to be aggressive or intimidating. They are there to listen and guide. You are not signing up as an army cadet, and you should not expect to be set unrealistic tasks that set you up to fail.

Personally, I would prefer to go for a coach who fits with my professional and personal values (hard work, integrity, transparency, empathy, inclusion), who has been in their role for some time, are known and respected, are transparent, are qualified and set realistic expectations.

I would not join any coach who told me I have to wake up every day at 5.30am to do a workout. I would ask this coach "Why are you setting me up for failure?"

I would not join or want to be associated with a coach that talks absolutely nonsense just to fill the hours.

I would not join a coach who seemed as obsessed with making more money as SARAH AKWISOMBE is - it would feel they're still into their own success journey and maybe they should achieve THEIR goals before they start working on someone else's!

I would not work with a 'business coach' who bashed the office 9-5.
  • Because if you are a solopreneur, you should know damn well that the 40-hour week in the office is far better than the 24/7 of the solopreneur of a startup.
  • Because the world needs solo-preneurs as much as it needs the people who answer your call in a call centre when you need to order a POS (point of sale) to process payments from your customers.
  • Because office workers on PAYE reliably cover through their taxes a lot of the money that goes to our schools, roads, and hospitals.

Most of all, I would not work with a coach who tried to woo-woo anyone into thinking that making money is easy and all you need is positive thinking and good vibrations.

GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK SARAH AKWISOMBE.

To convince you, these coaches have a whole arsenal of weapons, including visual aids (posts showing off the money THEY have made out of the product they are offering you), Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), as well as relying on a fan base to spread the word about them.

Their business model is based on coaching people 1-2-1 as well as in groups, often giving names to their product offering that make you think you are about to be coached by someone like Tony freaking Robbins.

Surprisingly, their business model also works by coaching the 'next generation' of coaches (from which they often will receive a commission) or by doing some serious up-selling.

up-selling - persuading a customer to buy something additional or more expensive - a classic MLM technique
While the course you just bought should be able to reveal you all the secrets in making a shitload of money with minimum effort (and why the heck are you still in your 9-5 desk job), you suddenly realise 10 minutes into the course that it is the NEXT course (on which you will get an EARLY BIRD discount, cheer up) that is going to be the SMASHING ONE. Oh boy. Yes, aggressive Multi Level Marketing techniques exist not just in the sale of Arbonne products on Facebook but also in the sale of courses of all sorts.

Again. The majority of coaches sell good value products and deliver GREAT CONTENT with honesty and integrity. It's that small % of self-proclaimed coaches who lack both honesty and integrity, as well as qualifications and experience, who try to sell you courses that you don't need that I am focused on.
SARAH AKWISOMBE has changed direction far too many times in the last 4-5 years to be able to claim that she is specializing in something in particular other than blagging.
  • She's a failed student of interior design;
  • an aspiring interior designer (arguably something she should have followed as she is good at putting together concepts that are different to most) that she does on-off. Not long enough to be called an expert, and she does not have a permanent team around her; I would therefore not call a one-woman band as a 'successful interior designer' for a couple of years
  • a blagger on all sorts - including antiques (based on the fact she lived in an art deco building)
  • a blogging coach for a year or two
  • a business coach for a year
I do not buy the victim story. She sought out someone who reeks from a mile, and introduced her to her audience. I doubt he tapped her on the shoulder and she was immediately hypnotised but who knows, she might use this as an excuse too. She used her audience's trust to sell them dreams of fast riches.

She betrayed the trust of her husband so of course there is no wonder she would betray any of her clients in a second for a quick buck.

And getting back on Insta so quickly, parading said cuckolded husband in her lives and photos (oh the shame, cringefest) and trying to wrap her new offering in pink (studio) to make it appear less of a threat... what can I say, no surprises there.

No doubt her cheerleading squad (all those who press like and leave comments of support) will continue to support her. Why? Because common sense ain't so fucking common after all, despite popular belief. Do not let this deter you from speaking up. Feminism is not about allowing other women to throw you under a bus (she was happy to do that with her audience and you guys caught her out and stopped her, thank you).

I hope those of you affected the worst by her actions and ongoing gaslighting, ultimately find inner peace and are able to move on.
As always, do your own research before parting with your hard-earned cash.

• Heart
Reactions: 61

kitsunecrumpet

I have followed this thread as a lurker since the very beginning.
Been following SA for years before all the recent events, since 2017 I think ? And I used to love her. I didn't always agree with her, but I thought she brought valuable content and energy to my feed. So much that I bought the IG course, which I did and really liked. It helped me grow my Instagram massively. Then I did M+M, thinking of it as an investment because of the network I'd gain. It did help me change my mindset, and I ended up working with several people from that group so, in terms of ROI on what I've given SA : I'm happy. Not involved in SI or BA at all - felt physically repulsed by LD so couldn't have approached those programs with a 10-foot pole.
However.......... the past few months have been an absolute, absolute shitshow, and her recent return to social media has actually been triggering for me. I wanted to root for her so bad (never enough to leave a phony IG comment lol seriously who are these people), but I wanted to believe that she had been misled and abused. Because I was, by a similar macho man, and it left me fucking reeling. Close to six years ago now and I'm still dealing with persistent PTSD and will have to restart talking therapy because of it. Sometimes I still start randomly crying and need to be reassured that my partner still loves me, like a baby.
When that part of the story started to unravel, I thought a lot of it made sense. I would never, ever have attacked or shamed people who felt "disgruntled" (lol Sarah using that word again with a fake profile was one of my personal highlights of this thread), because I am not a gaslighter and I believe that people have the right to express themselves and communicate their feelings. But in my mind it made sense, because my life had also been previously been torn to shreds by someone similar to LD. It made me do things wildly out of character, treat loved ones badly and it certainly alienated me from my close circle. So, I thought that most of her customers probably hadn't been through it and couldn't understand the magnitude of destruction these people cause. Still - she was wrong not to address their concerns from a business point of view.

HOWEVER. I absolutely wasn't f*cking ready for what came next. When she confessed to the affair my respect for her just flew out of the window. The way she fed JA to the wolves, on camera, the way she didn't interrupt her live discussing every detail of it when her daughter knocked for her, the way there was NO MENTION of how much damage was caused to another young family, another wife, and other young children.....I was actually gobsmacked. And the worst part was how quickly everything was rugswept from there, with deleted videos, a ridiculous 3-day break and then coming back with a pathetically smug picture. I'm sorry - what the actual F ? Yes, people react to things differently, and grieve differently. But as other people have said previously, it takes a LOT of time to recover from something so deeply destructive. It leaves you an empty shell of a human - you literally cannot just bounce out of it. I didn't eat for weeks after my abuser finally left me and it took me months to stop crying every day, years for the nightmares to stop. I cannot for the life of me figure out what the hell was real and what wasn't - and as many of you guys have said it, that is what being gaslit feels like, and it is icky and disgusting. This was my last straw and I have unfollowed. Very scary to see that she seems to have pivoted to a similar MO as LD, "coaching" with 1-2-1 clients, flashing a fancy coworking space to lure people in, but because it's pink and with women it somehow isn't as aggressive as the bloody manor and rented Bentleys.

I feel sick over this. I work so hard on my business in a very niche and male-dominated industry, I attend as many conferences as possible to make sure I'm keeping up and continually educating myself, and seeing people like this cruise along on fake clout and abusive behaviour is VILE. Shame to think that if she had committed to interior designing and taken the time to further her education and business knowledge I believe she could actually have had a big break, without hurting or conning anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

Antonina

Chatty Member
I think I need to come off this now. I wanted people to see through her so not to fall for her bullshit again, and I think most people have.

It’s depressing to see all the women who were misled by her and are still fighting to get their money back. And it’s even more depressing to see her levels of greed, that she’d rather destroy her family and business than returning the “bad money” she made through all the bullshit she said.

It feels inappropriate and uncomfortable for me, a stranger, to know she had an affair and that her daughters will find out about it. And that her daughters will have to live with her actions (the private actions, and the public ones).

It’s a turn I wasn’t expecting. That she would purposively affect her family this way and as a mother I didn’t really want to watch that, and to watch her daughter coming in as she was doing a live talking to random strangers about betraying her husband and her daughters’ father.

I hope her business practices get appropriately investigated, whether legally, through the press, through consumers bodies.

She still hasn’t addressed those, but equally she has done enough damage to her reputation that hopefully she won’t be able to operate again in the way she was operating.

The end

Thank you and respect to all the courageous women who spoke up

Edited to add, thank you @Squirrelfriend for starting this - you have done way more good than you think!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 54

Thetruthwillout

VIP Member
It’s clear she really has learnt absolutely nothing from all of this, that much is clear to me.

SURELY if you wanted to make sure this was as far removed from what you were doing before with a certain someone, you’d look at exactly what the issues were and do everything you could to iron that out. I mean, offering a specific breakdown would be a start.
For £97 a month, I'll send you a hastily prepared pdf of everything Sarah Akwisombe has done, so that you can do THE EXACT OPPOSITE and in do so, run a far better business than she is.

HURRY and register NOW! There are only LIMITED SPACES available!

You DESERVE THIS!

DO IT NOW!!

Fuck me, this shit is easy...... 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Been finding this whole thing kind of triggering, what a car-crash its become. Watched Sarah’s live from this morning, and seriously hope someone stepped in after and got her offline - hopefully her mum can speak some sense into her and keep her away from anymore live talks. The destruction is spiralling and she doesn’t seem to see that she’s the one feeding it and making things worse for herself...

I feel for her daughter walking in. Listening and hearing this stuff are things that will stay for a long long time. Can be so damaging to a young mind, even just watching the body language, change in behaviours affects children. It’s all there public online too...

What’s Screwed up about all this to me is the drag out of a proper apology or even admission/understanding on the client front; I quite see why so many customers are feeling gaslit... what has been sold, under the guise of really self-esteem and guarantees of helping you to earn more money (and be healthier and happier), to vulnerable individuals in a time where a lot were in Covid panic... then came with some pushy, bullying type tactics and really inappropriate comments...

There is no doubt in my mind Sarah’s own behaviour changed. This thread started from that front, there is no doubt she stepped away from her morals, things she had said and stood by on other courses. She even said that herself... and it’s clear to see it happened. If it happened as a result of coercive behaviour and falling victim to a narcissist with no good intentions but to hustle and swindle people including her, it still happened. She still put down 1-1 (high paying!!) clients on her platform publicly for not performing well enough (I put the phone down on her - she hadn’t done her homework), she still told people being unwell and taking a break was failing, having children is no excuse not to find time!, she still pushed people to do all the things she was being pushed to do herself (and took her further from herself and affected her mental health now she says). All in a manor which started to come across like him (a bit bullish and bully like).

She still stepped far away from the supportive group mentality, positive vibe work she had been putting out with Jen and her mum. She doesn’t seem to get that her other courses, were like the gateway drugs to lead her loyal customers into buying into the LD stuff. Then those customers were faced with more aggressive selling, bullying type mentality of breaking people down, by pushing pain points and weaknesses, and fomo techniques in order to create a dependency to feel they needed more ‘’coaching’’ to get the false high and thus buying more courses to help them make their millions...

IMO, her target audience are very often vulnerable people - not necessarily on purpose but a lot are. Courses at £50 with her mum who is a counsellor that focus on issues like imposter syndrome and low self esteem - attract a certain audience. This is her entry course. Courses like M&M which focus on again how to overcome blocks focus on things from your childhood/past or ingrained beliefs - they do naturally attract more vulnerable audiences. In those groups many many women come forward with their stories and open up. I was surprised on her stories other day she mentioned she was shocked how many people have experienced narcissistic abusive people - I’ve seen it discussed a lot on her various forums. I would think really the shock is that she hasn’t believed she was someone who could fall in with or fall for that type of person... and didn’t foresee the destruction to/and by her it could cause.

I’ve seen so many women speak in her groups recently dealing with DViolence, Abuse, bullying at work, childhood trauma, physical health issues, mental health disorders, bereavement, post natal depression.... I know myself working with female start ups (NOT as a coach or in business courses!) most do it in a hope for better life balance and many when I get to know them have a personal, often vulnerable story as to why they (like I) stepped away from their previous employment and hoping to make a success of turning their work life around in a new direction. IMO big life changing events make you more susceptible to want to make big changes/take certain risks and look for peer support to do so, but also if your in a place of vulnerability at that time you can most certainly easily fall into hanging onto hope through a coach or course in a unhealthy way. This isn’t all customers of course, a lot will be successful businesses already I am sure that are neither emotionally or financially vulnerable to upselling tactics, It’s just something I noted is not unusual in the groups (coming out of/or in a difficult life situation).

I didn’t like what she said things about Instagram feeling she owes them something. It’s not that, not about insta, there comes a responsibility with moving into coaching areas surely, a counsellor, PT or other wellbeing therapies industries have a certain duty of care?

For the record I do not doubt the power of a criminal mind and narcissistic toxic personality in quickly creating a cycle of co-dependency
And coercion. BUT The reason I find this so triggering today still not finding the emphathy or understanding for what she has been party to bringing others into, is because I went through this as a child.

As a child just a little older than her daughter, very quickly following the death of my mother, my dad married a severely disordered controlling, mentally abusive and violent person who used the type of coercive control and emotional manipulation now being discussed which years later did lead into violent physical abuse. There were many red flags not noted until far too late, It is crazy to look at the situation in hindsight, falling fast into a relationship within a few months after his wife died, marrying and bringing a new person permanently into the house and home with children (all happened within months!!!). I’m sorry but nobody with true intentions would plant themselves into the life of and marry into that senario... subsequently there was very early (weeks in) manipulative behaviour, coercive control, total change in his behaviour and typical cycle of abuse - most all directed at him not children, but we didn’t escape the effects of it. He was both a shell of a person within a short time, and also accepted bit by bit more and more of controlling behaviours, then took on over the course of time ask so disordered behaviours which were not abusive but become like a clutch for power/control back when you have been reduced to really nothing.

As a child/teenager/young adult I had so much anger, because of course I see and recall only the terrible parent/lack of protection for myself/ loss of all his previous morals!! the mentally (never physical to me) abusive behaviours I was exposed to by her over the years of marriage to this individual before he finally divorced her and got us out of it. Then came the later unpacking/counselling, talking it through, crying mess and realisations which occurs when a person starts to learn about how the gradual manipulation and control tactics/abuse have taken hold over a period of time, looking back over it all, making them behave/agree to and do many things out of character. I do believe that getting away from the person at whatever stage is when you start to process it. It’s not necessarily only possible in long term senario/each person who experiences this awful stuff will have a different experience.

(I wonder if having a public profile of your whole life/family everything about you easily researchable could help someone to have the tools to know what and how to manipulate better... just a thought)

My upset was so strong with my dad for years after because of the victim mentality he had (he was a victim that I don’t dispute!!). But the knock on effect, how half arsed/shoddy unpresent a parent he was during that time is something I have never been able to get a real genuine felt apology for, as he sees that time as him literally constantly Firefighting, working, worrying and putting first his children etc etc. That’s not really how it was as he was getting mentally unwell from the cycle and wasn’t at all present or protecting - our whole world was collapsing, and in fact he was gaslighting and almost as bad as he defended and enabled her behaviour whilst he was stuck in the cycle... and afterwards he couldn’t see that it was too hard to see it from outside his own experience.

I feel this is what is happening here is a there is a real element of post-trauma/shock lack of empathy or so called ‘emotional blunting‘ because it’s too painful to admit that the one thing that all along you wanted to avoid doing, you actually did - for Sarah the affair has been admitted. It’s been exposed. To admit she really did let down customers and/or produce anything which could have been bad or damaging to her customers/to her previous brand ethics and morals is now maybe the hardest thing. And actually someone with that type of narcissistic personality has been trying to reduce the other persons self worth from day 1, particularly where they care the most, to later considering in to be the hero or be needed for the whole time. Actually I saw LD doing this so clearly in the made a mil video - she was making herself smaller/like she wanted to disappear.

These personalities also enjoy to see someone reduced to loosing things they love, people or other. When push back occurs - then comes personal attacks, depressive episodes/suicidal threats and poor me manipulation - followed by love bombing apologies and change again. Being exposed to this as a child, made me also susceptible to falling for it again, yep fallen in with 2 men like this in short term relationships as a young woman (plus a year with other woman in business which nearly destroyed me and my business as a adult who didn’t see that coming in my life again! ) so I’m well aware of those cycles she mentions and how destructive they can be, and how hard it can be to get out of it, even early on. Some people are extreeemely good at this stuff! I noted the behaviours in LD a little while after the first course with him I did, and I stepped back from Buying anymore luckily this time I felt really uneasy about him and started to feel it with Sarah too. I have however invested a huge amount with SA this year - I’ve bought almost all her courses pre LD.

I know myself When your constantly being charmed, then criticised, then build up again, reduced to emotional breakdown, psychologically manipulated then told your amazing - you can develop a emotional numbness. I see that in Sarah: I saw it before the fall out. Her eyes started to look very blank and more and more unwell. She’s also suddenly very reactive and defensive yes. At the moment she seems to be pitting herself ‘me Sarah’ and whoever is going to support me, against LD and the rest of the ‘trolls’ online. Sadly it’s business and paying clients. Not about popularity.

It’s so damaging this is playing out in direct talk to customers! Please sarah step away 🙏 I hope she and her family do recover. Particularly Jason and children who will have been very hurt and affected by this. I really hope LD wife and child are ok, and glad to hear it sounds like she has separated from
him now.

The way she’s defending content they did together was great today, is concerning because it feels like his ways of talking are still coming through in her defences. Her mindset today still appears altered towards him being something amazing in my opinion, and I wouldn’t be surprised if she is actually feeling still pulled back towards wanting back that relationship. My gut today told me as much that’s she still quite defensive of it, and a few weeks ago was fully in it
And on a high with the ‘love bombing’. I hope she really does open her eyes to truelly understand what trauma she could have triggered or caused for others also in her own knock on behaviour, the up-selling techniques and all to people who totally couldn’t afford it/and or were vulnerable. It is definitely not mutually exclusive to be either a victim or a perpetrator.

Sorry Rambled
On So long 🙈🙈. I clearly been provoked by lot that’s been said/happened over the past few days and weeks and wanted to share my story and thoughts on it now the truth has come to life. This stuff is so not black and white, but bringing the messy personal stuff to the forefront of business is never going to be a good thing is it 😢.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

butwhyamihere

Thank you to whoever sent my post to JA.

I’m not after your blood love. Neither are the women on here.

You need to understand you (as an employee of NBBS/No Exit) are stealing money from women who did not ask to be a part of this.

Your company decided to use unethical practices in order to make as much money as possible.

Oh and the way you gaslight women on M&M group is NOT COOL.

You got a problem with my words?

Speak to the women you are INTENTIONALLY silencing.

Screenshot that. You’re welcome.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I'm actually stunned by Sarah today.
As a PTSD sufferer and survivor I'm kind of offended by her actions over the last weeks. (Offended is too strong for how I feel about a stranger and I've had way too much therapy and am too strong a human to credit her with that but you get me...)

It's not #instacool to talk about gaslighting and emotional abuse, it's not a pink Post or some cutesy filtered Stories fodder or a way to claw in customers. It's a real actual thing. That damages many many lives (especially women). And takes ages to deal with! Like, YEARS. She's crossed a line trying to feed us the line of emotional abuse and then springing back to her old ways. It's genuinely very concerning and dangerous for anyone watching her, who might not be as far along in their healing journey. To think they are meant to spring back like that, to think you can get over it in 3 days, to think you can just be a #boss #bitch and it's all fine. It's lies. It's unhealthy. And it's cruel.
And on top of that, she's taken people's money! The one way many women manage to build themselves security. Women deserve better.

She's taken us on a an emotional rollercoaster recently, pushing and pulling her customers (and family) about. Relying on other peoples kindness or (what could be perceived as) weakness. But she's totally revealed who she is today.
She's worse than LD.
She knows nothing of which she talks about business-wise. (lol, she's just realised there's a recession?!)
She's a mess emotionally, and is gas-lighting and conning her customers herself.
She knows exactly what she is doing, and bullying whoever she can into silence to follow along with her.

She's doing exactly what LD did but in pink and targeting female small business owners - who are already more vulnerable than men cos #genderpaygap /few female founders/the patriarchal system in which we exist/ gender imbalanced redundancies during the 'rona... etc etc etc

She's basically any female founders worst nightmare, and channelling some 80's Alpha male shit. We didn't fight for our rights in the workplace to get trampled on by women emulating unhealthy male work culture.

Unfollowing this trash human.
Supporting anyone who speaks up.

p.s GO BECCY

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Ohherr

What’s happened here is too much merging on Sarah’s part of all aspects of her life, such as
Her husband becomes her business partner
Her business mentor becomes her lover + business partner
Her money coach becomes her business partner
Her mother becomes her business partner
Her personal brand becomes her business brand
Her personal finance goal becomes her business marketing technique
Her personal life becomes her business reasoning
Her mental health issues become her way to engage with her audience

No wonder she says she is confused.
It’s too much blurring of all the lines.

But sadly, nowhere in this shambles do I see the customer as the focal point of Sarah’s attention. And as they say ‘customer is king’. She forgot a fundamental rule of business which is why most of us won’t be buying from her again. Let alone now that we know the extent of her ability to barefaced lie to everyone and the extend she goes to to cover up her tracks - nobody wants to do business or purchase from anyone with a shady track record like that.

Family breakdown is not a nice thing to be watching - it makes me extremely sad to see. And a social media account with 40k followers is not the place to be airing that level of dutty laundry.

Good luck with your refunds / legal pursuits to everyone who is owed money.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Moobiemoo

VIP Member
I have been following this a little while

I totally see why people would want a refund for something in June. If you are going to liken it to a product such as shoes, you can’t liken it to people saying X style of shoes is bad so I want my money back for style Y.

This is like: you bought a pair of shoes from a company who was selling shoes on the basis of these are going to change your life, based on their ethical company ethos that you really buy into. These shoes are fantastic, you need them and they will make you fitter and healthier if you wear them every day - the owner tells and shows you how the shoes have changed her life and how much time and effort has gone into producing the shoes from the best quality materials. You just gotta wear these shoes every day and see the results

You buy the shoes and whilst they are ok, they aren’t really living up to all the hype around them. When you ask the brand owner questions, she’s rude and is more interested in telling everyone how many shoes she is selling and how much money she is making from them. The shoes aren’t really changing your life yet like you thought but she’s really good at selling them and convincing, so you buy even more pairs of shoes from her in the hope something will happen for you too. Perhaps you don’t wear them enough?

a few months later she admits she never wore the shoes herself, the shoes could have been a lot better, she doesn’t really know that much about making shoes and that they were made in some crappy factory mass produced with unethical practices in conjunction with a known shoe manufacturing con man. As you didn’t send your shoes back when you bought them it’s tough luck now!

people who bought something sold to them under pressure or false pretences are entitled to ask for their money back.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

InstaCasualty

I am also stepping away. I came here post tears in Tesla but stayed for some sleuthing on LD - the fucker and his brother absolutely deserved it. They are a pair of predatory cunts and I wish them all that is inevitably coming to them. I hope these threads will help journalists, HMRC ;-) and whoever needs to check on them and their shitty minions - talking to you Alec Witt, tiny musclehunbot Matt Hall, Steve Burgess and the rest of the Rolex Gazing Shouty Snake Oil Flogging Jegging and Loafer Wearing Brigade.

I feel like i need to formally step away as well as with the recent developments it feels like a really dark episode of Black Mirror with horrendous levels of overexposure and loss of privacy not just for SA but for the entire family. I stand by my point about personal brands being a wholly unsustainable concept and this being a perfect example of it. One of the things Sarah said in today's Live was 'People think I am a business but I am a person'. There was a childlike incredulity to that statement - why that people would not get this distinction? That's because when you sell yourself and your lifestyle and family, you are the product on offer and you are the business. And that is the Faustian pact here. She's one of many that will fall this way. I hope she stays away from social media. I certainly unfollowed today - it felt voyeuristic to stay.

As for the culty crew - SA acknowledged in Live that she filled twins' diaries once she gave them publicity - she was the gateway drug. Sounds like these women are now trauma bonding with SA, like that's how they are processing their experience and I dare say that all these smaller accounts love bonding with a big influencer too.

Thank you to all the women holding safe space here to chat and share and discuss what is an increasingly common phenomenon - people selling simple answers to complex questions.

All of you SI/BA crew - you rock - I salute your courage and resilience. I hope you get your refunds! I know you will.

Stay classy you lot

P.S. And as for Rhys's Mrs (boom) - she's got more than a whiff of Carmela Soprano to her. Groomed to fuck, long suffering and almost certainly complicit by looking the other way. :censored:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I just watched her live and as an outsider, the one thing that really stood out for me is how she is clearly more upset about the relationship with Llewy ending than anything else..

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Minimememe

It’s like a glass of wine is delivered to your table...after a few sips you think it tastes a bit funky. You mention it to waitress (SA) to be told it’s fine, it’s all totally fine. To then be told, after you’ve finished it, it actually had Llewy’s gizz inside. But the waitress poured it and delivered it to your table really well...

The point I’m making is this man has fucked everything - literally! He’s poisoned the content, style, authenticity, ethics of who SA is/was. But nobody new this at the time, but they do now.

Unfortunately it seems now SA can’t seem to understand why her customers / followers are saddened by this.

I consider myself a follower as I didn’t buy any of the the courses, but I was sooo close to, especially with all the fomo sales tactics!

I really looked to her as a young, trendy, funky mum managing her own business, what a great role model, I thought...but now the affair (seriously gutted for Jason and her kids) I struggle to have sympathy for her with this affair.

Team this with a sudden realisation that she doesn’t really have that much business knowledge / experience...it’s all a bit sad.

I think SA should ordered a refund to her customers involved. Take up her own legal case against said conman. Claim damages herself to compensate the refunds.

I wish her well and hopes her and her family overcome this.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Imagine if her psychotherapist turned out to be unqualified (perhaps uninsured), and had suggested twice a week, rather than once.

Imagine if her psychotherapists main motivation was to make money, and bragged about it on social media.

Imagine if her psychotherapist shamed her for not doing stories/posts about their sessions.

Imagine if her psychotherapist didn’t really seem bothered during their sessions, and wanted to rush through.

Imagine if SA decided to complain, and say she wasn’t happy.

Imagine if her therapist told SA and her whole IG that not only is she not entitled to a refund, but she’d been forced into an affair, cheated, and lost a ton of money.

When the shoe is on the other foot, it looks a little different.

Person lurking/sending my screenshots to them, send them this. Might help them understand a little better.
Playing the mental health card really, really fucks me off. Some of us also have mental health issues and have for a long period of time. They’ve been exacerbated by this whole situation. And yet the only MH that apparently counts is SA.
Someone who can afford therapy, psychotherapy, who doesn’t have to sit on CBT waiting lists for 18months plus (& still waiting).
Yet some of the comments on refinery29 instagram post make out like the therapy has only commenced because of tattle(!!!!) as if therapy wasn’t already mentioned months and months ago.

As for #bekind and mentioning Caroline Flack, this is ENTIRELY different. Caroline did not run her own business and screw up on a huge scale, post several videos admitting work was under delivered, delete said videos, pretend work was fine, refuse refunds and continue to apparently flash lavish lifestyle.

I’d love to scream ‘hashtag be kind’ at my work colleagues when I get stressed or shit hits the fan, but guess what? I can’t. Why? Because when you run a business or are in a job, are an employee, whatever, there is a level of professionalism that needs to be maintained. I’m going to start a new hashtag. It’s #beprofessional 🙃

I’ve had enough of this now. It’s exhausting. Small claims court it is!

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Whoops i said it

VIP Member
Agree with tonight’s sentiments. It was never a witch hunt, just the truth and our money. It got deeper than we ever imagined and it’s very sad to see.

Thank you all, what a group of bad ass women and fellow detectives 🙌🏽 I wish you every success 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Rainbowsandglitter

I’ve been MIA for a couple of days with work and the like and just catching up on this at bedtime. Sarah’s a knee jerker; of course she posts and deletes stuff. That’s how she lives her life. One thing I can’t stop thinking about where she is concerned is the fact when she said that she’d stopped working with lewy due to the affair. There was no mention of narcissism or controlling or the like. THEN people contacted her with their take on lewy and Sarah saw a “ get out of jail card” .. Remember the live where she was saying no ones fallen out, blah blah blah. This kid is as far as I’m concerned as bad as lewy and his brother. She’s a confidence trickster. I wouldn’t trust her with anything. Sarah’s the narcissist and she’s curating all of this to her advantage to glean money off those in need. They are the kind of people those in law and accounting warn businesses about. They should be avoided at all costs. Narcissists will never ever take responsibility for anything.. they just walk away from the flames after striking the match blaming anyone to take the heat away from them. She deserves to go down with the Davies twins

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Money is a hugely emotive thing (as SA will know considering she made and was able to sell a whole course around these emotions) and feeling conned is a really, really shitty feeling so everyone who is requesting refunds is absolutely valid in feeling what they feel.

I think this thread is a great resource for the people who have failed to get answers from SA and who are quite rightfully owed a refund. That said, I think it’s important this thread remains supportive to these people while avoiding speculation and gossip (completely get that SA is adding fuel to the fire herself).

Yes, she’s handled this terribly and she’s allowing her loyal army of fans to bully any naysayers and has engaged in similar tactics herself but she’s a human, with real emotions. Fully accepting she’s not tried to empathise or even engage with the people she’s ripped off and this is upsetting and frustrating- you don’t know how far this thread may push her or her family so exercise caution. I’m not saying don’t go through all channels available to obtain a refund and those affected should certainly file a complaint to have all these practices look into for fraud but this thread shouldn’t be used to make fun of her past endeavours (ironic though they may be), or ridicule her.

Let’s not stoop to the level of the SA fandom.

Of course this is also coming from the person who compared this to fyre fest so I don’t have a leg to stand on.

• Sick
Reactions: 29

Silverback

VIP Member
It’s really making me furious how she is trying to make herself the spokesperson of abused women. No way in fucking hell would you be done over by a narcissist seducer and then have a magical clarity about it all Within weeks.

It took me years to realise- YEARS- what i had actually been experiencing. It takes years for them to pull you apart and years to see it all clearly.

It is ATROCIOUS that she is trying to use this as a ‘please don’t sue me/ ask for refunds plea’.

She is definitely trying to reposition herself as the feminist mental health guru and she can use this time as the experience she went through.

I’m so sorry for the spouses and kids involved. Beyond sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

EnglishBreakfastTea

What is the point of the latest post?

Shifting the responsibility when she wanted the responsibility before?

What does she want? She wants to make money by consulting people/asking questions/pushing the right buttons.

That’s the job of a therapist. A qualified therapist.

Who is advising her here?!
It appears she’s deflecting and attempting to absolve herself of blame any which way possible. It’s ridiculous at this point. She’s basically now blaming her paying customers for believing the dream she was selling.

I’m sick and tired of this whole “I’m being held to an impossible standard because I’m a woman” narrative. NO! You are being held to this standard because you made a great deal of money out of us, you made yourself a personal brand and business, you exposed us to an abusive conman and told us to trust him, and now you’ve been caught out for dealing with someone so dodgy you have completely failed to hold your hands up and say “I’m sorry I’m responsible for bringing him into our circle” - instead you are acting like you’re the one and only victim here!

If it was a faceless business behaving in such a way, everyone would be up in arms without question. It’s not the customers’ fault that she blurred the lines between business and personal so spectacularly. Honestly how many times does it need to be said on this thread before she gets the message - we DO NOT CARE about her personal failings. We care about her business and customer service failings!

• Heart
Reactions: 28