Sandwiches 🍞

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ham and mustard is 😻😛
Cheese and ham
Cheese and onion
Chicken and chorizo
Plain old dairylea

other than those not a huge sandwich lover 😟

Ham and mustard is 😻😛
Cheese and ham
Cheese and onion
Chicken and chorizo
Plain old dairylea

other than those not a huge sandwich lover 😟
That’s a long repertoire! I started this thread because my sandwich life is in a rut 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Chicken, avocado, some mayo sandwich
Gammon lettuce
Ham mustard avocado
Chicken sweetcorn mayo
Prawn mayo lettuce
BLT
BLT but with mayo
Bacon & mushrooms
Smoked salmon cream cheese
Fried egg (runny yolk)

Reactions: 3
Favourite sandwich filling for me is tuna with Hellman's light mayo. Nothing better.

I'm fond of marmite sandwiches too, and just plain cheese ones as well.

Very rarely, I'll have peanut butter (smooth) sandwiches but only once in a blue moon as I find it piles weight on if I have it too often!

Reactions: 2
my fave sandwich filling is with hummus with grated carrot, a bit of red pepper and sweetcorn. If I am roasting veg I will do extra to mix with hummus when cold. I am also partial to cheese and salad sandwiches.
I don't like my sandwiches cold so if I am making a packed lunch will put them in the fridge overnight but leave out of the fridge at work.
As for cutting sandwiches, for a packed lunch it will be across (as it fits better in my lunch box) but at home it will be diagonal.

Reactions: 4
Salami and cheese (salami and egg mayo sounds good)

Cheese and onion crisps

Sliced chicken, cheese and pickle

Egg and cress

Tuna mayo

At my old workplace they used to do sausage and onion sandwiches in the canteen, which were yummy

Reactions: 4
Love sandwiches but rarely have them because I only want really good ones.
Triple Decker Clubhouse sandwiches with roasted turkey and loads of mayo . Dill pickle on the side is a must .

Nice italian bread with some thinly sliced ham or turkey , swiss cheese , loads of pickles is also quite tasty.

I am a total texture eater so anything mush like tuna , chicken salad etc is not happening.

Love sandwiches but rarely have them because I only want really good ones.
Triple Decker Clubhouse sandwiches with roasted turkey and loads of mayo . Dill pickle on the side is a must .

Nice italian bread with some thinly sliced ham or turkey , swiss cheese , loads of pickles is also quite tasty.

I am a total texture eater so anything mush like tuna , chicken salad etc is not happening.
Agree about texture - it’s a North American thing to add it to tuna, chicken (when I made it) and egg salad (separate) so I would add chopped onion and celery to mine, and dill pickles if available. Layer crunchy lettuce on too. For tuna and egg, hot sauce and Dijon mustard is also a good addition.

Sloppy Joe with dill pickles, American mustard and crisps.
Sloppy joes are my family's absolute fav.
My kids just eat the meat on a soft bun , but my husband loves to put shredded cheese, pickles and sometimes shredded lettuce.

Sloppy joes are my family's absolute fav.
My kids just eat the meat on a soft bun , but my husband loves to put shredded cheese, pickles and sometimes shredded lettuce.
Try with American mustard too. I make mine with soya chunks now or lentils.

Cheese, cheese and more cheese.

And any kind of cheese. Cheddar, Philadelphia , dairlylee, emmental. I especially love the ploughman's M&S do.

There is a deli by me that does smoked turkey and coleslaw and that is beautiful.

• Heart
Cheese, cheese and more cheese.

And any kind of cheese. Cheddar, Philadelphia , dairlylee, emmental. I especially love the ploughman's M&S do.

There is a deli by me that does smoked turkey and coleslaw and that is beautiful.
I love cheese and coleslaw and cheese and piccalilli.

Try with American mustard too. I make mine with soya chunks now or lentils.
will Canadian do? :LOL:
I usually use lean ground beef or ground turkey . I hide lots of finely chopped or pureed veg because I am apparently an evil mom.

Ever since I went to Czech and had Obložené chlebíčky, it killed the sandwich game anywhere else. Most exquisite looking and tasting sandwiches I’ve ever had in my life 😍 I want to attempt it at home but not sure I can pull it off!

Ever since I went to Czech and had Obložené chlebíčky, it killed the sandwich game anywhere else. Most exquisite looking and tasting sandwiches I’ve ever had in my life 😍 I want to attempt it at home but not sure I can pull it off!
What are they?

What are they?
It’s an open faced sandwich and they make it so fancy and use many different toppings and arrange it to look so pretty like artwork. Got three from this tray last time and a latté and it was only around a fiver!
At my house I normally just settle for a square of cheap bread, a squirt of Mayo, thinly spread mustard and a slice of cooked ham, quite a world away 😆
0F5FF037-8D33-4404-BB7A-7D7FA6D943E2.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It’s an open faced sandwich and they make it so fancy and use many different toppings and arrange it to look so pretty like artwork. Got three from this tray last time and a latté and it was only around a fiver!
At my house I normally just settle for a square of cheap bread, a squirt of Mayo, thinly spread mustard and a slice of cooked ham, quite a world away 😆 View attachment 760138
never been to the Czech Republic but I have a friend in Brno and she used to bring nice cakes back with thin layers.

The Scandinavians do lots of nice open face sandwiches. Are you in or near London?