Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
obviously with a meal deal itā€™s out of your hands, but when making a sandwich at home how are we cutting it? Diagonal, across, triangles etc.

at home I still stick to diagonal myself, if itā€™s wild I do 4 triangles but never squares!
Diagonal! Whenever I'm at my Mums when she makes me a sandwich she always cuts them up into triangles without the crusts. Im 26 not 6 šŸ¤£

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Egg mayo and cress is my fav
I'm also partial to a cheese and onion walkers crisp sandwich
supernoodles in a sarnie :love:
Mash potato and ketchup in a sarnie - don't come for me for that one

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
At home I like fried chicken breast with sliced chorizo and cheese then put into sour dough and toasted in the pan.

Shop bought I tend to go for chicken and bacon, chicken mayo, chicken and stuffing.

My usual lunch is a wrap with salad, mayo and the flavoured cooked chicked chunks (my current fave is cajun chicken from asda)

I like chicken šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 6

Notorious PIG

What are they?
Itā€™s an open faced sandwich and they make it so fancy and use many different toppings and arrange it to look so pretty like artwork. Got three from this tray last time and a lattĆ© and it was only around a fiver!
At my house I normally just settle for a square of cheap bread, a squirt of Mayo, thinly spread mustard and a slice of cooked ham, quite a world away šŸ˜†
0F5FF037-8D33-4404-BB7A-7D7FA6D943E2.jpeg

• Heart

flopsymopsy

VIP Member
right if weā€™re talking meal deal, itā€™s got to be chicken bacon and lettuce
also, whateverā€™s in the sandwich, if thereā€™s crisps available theyā€™re also going in there

• Heart

hydeist

Chatty Member
This mayo you can get in the polish section:

1628072956892.png

This stuff is a GAME CHANGER for any sandwich.

• Wow
Reactions: 5

Dragon100

Chatty Member
my fave sandwich filling is with hummus with grated carrot, a bit of red pepper and sweetcorn. If I am roasting veg I will do extra to mix with hummus when cold. I am also partial to cheese and salad sandwiches.
I don't like my sandwiches cold so if I am making a packed lunch will put them in the fridge overnight but leave out of the fridge at work.
As for cutting sandwiches, for a packed lunch it will be across (as it fits better in my lunch box) but at home it will be diagonal.

Reactions: 4

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
I used to like egg mayo but now I have PTSD from making so many so I donā€™t think I could ever eat it again.

Prawn mayo is by far the best sandwich from a shop.
I also like a fried egg and frazzle (the crisp) sandwich šŸ˜

• Haha
  • Heart
Salami and cheese (salami and egg mayo sounds good)

Cheese and onion crisps

Sliced chicken, cheese and pickle

Egg and cress

Tuna mayo

At my old workplace they used to do sausage and onion sandwiches in the canteen, which were yummy

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
Ideally vintage cheddar (or at a push 'extra mature')

This is the best cheese I've found recently

Butter is slightly salted lurpak.

Olivemaks

VIP Member
Itā€™s an open faced sandwich and they make it so fancy and use many different toppings and arrange it to look so pretty like artwork. Got three from this tray last time and a lattĆ© and it was only around a fiver!
At my house I normally just settle for a square of cheap bread, a squirt of Mayo, thinly spread mustard and a slice of cooked ham, quite a world away šŸ˜† View attachment 760138
I love open faced sandwiches at home. These look divine though. I would put Mayo too, pesto, danish or any salami and two large slices of tomato.. would switch it up sometimes to but wow I so love open faced sarnies!

Reactions: 3

Sea

VIP Member
Chicken, avocado, some mayo sandwich
Gammon lettuce
Ham mustard avocado
Chicken sweetcorn mayo
Prawn mayo lettuce
BLT
BLT but with mayo
Bacon & mushrooms
Smoked salmon cream cheese
Fried egg (runny yolk)

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
obviously with a meal deal itā€™s out of your hands, but when making a sandwich at home how are we cutting it? Diagonal, across, triangles etc.

at home I still stick to diagonal myself, if itā€™s wild I do 4 triangles but never squares!
Usually I cut across, but every now and again I'll throw a diagonal out there, vary things up a bit!

• Heart

WilmaHun

VIP Member

It's got to be diagonal!

• Heart

Damita

Favourite sandwich filling for me is tuna with Hellman's light mayo. Nothing better.

I'm fond of marmite sandwiches too, and just plain cheese ones as well.

Very rarely, I'll have peanut butter (smooth) sandwiches but only once in a blue moon as I find it piles weight on if I have it too often!

Reactions: 2