Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DaimIt

VIP Member
Love sandwiches but rarely have them because I only want really good ones.
Triple Decker Clubhouse sandwiches with roasted turkey and loads of mayo . Dill pickle on the side is a must .

Nice italian bread with some thinly sliced ham or turkey , swiss cheese , loads of pickles is also quite tasty.

I am a total texture eater so anything mush like tuna , chicken salad etc is not happening.

Reactions: 2

Blowup80

VIP Member
God I love a good sarnie
Cheese and pickle, if I'm feeling really hungry ham in there too.
My posh at home/after gym sarnie is lightly toasted bread, grilled turkey, avocado, sweet chilli sauce and bit mayo.

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
obviously with a meal deal it’s out of your hands, but when making a sandwich at home how are we cutting it? Diagonal, across, triangles etc.

at home I still stick to diagonal myself, if it’s wild I do 4 triangles but never squares!
It depends on the bread! If I have normal bread then diagonal obviously. If it’s more like bloomer bread then straight down the middle 🥪

flopsymopsy

VIP Member
obviously with a meal deal it’s out of your hands, but when making a sandwich at home how are we cutting it? Diagonal, across, triangles etc.

at home I still stick to diagonal myself, if it’s wild I do 4 triangles but never squares!

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Prawn cocktail with crisp green lettuce
Ham or cheese and chutney/pickle
Beef and mustard
Bacon and ketchup

But one of the best is leftover Christmas dinner meat, stuffing and some hot gravy 😋 messy to eat but lush.

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Cheese, cheese and more cheese.

And any kind of cheese. Cheddar, Philadelphia , dairlylee, emmental. I especially love the ploughman's M&S do.

There is a deli by me that does smoked turkey and coleslaw and that is beautiful.

• Heart

Mustard

VIP Member
It’s an open faced sandwich and they make it so fancy and use many different toppings and arrange it to look so pretty like artwork. Got three from this tray last time and a latté and it was only around a fiver!
At my house I normally just settle for a square of cheap bread, a squirt of Mayo, thinly spread mustard and a slice of cooked ham, quite a world away 😆 View attachment 760138
never been to the Czech Republic but I have a friend in Brno and she used to bring nice cakes back with thin layers.

The Scandinavians do lots of nice open face sandwiches. Are you in or near London?

Mustard

VIP Member
Love sandwiches but rarely have them because I only want really good ones.
Triple Decker Clubhouse sandwiches with roasted turkey and loads of mayo . Dill pickle on the side is a must .

Nice italian bread with some thinly sliced ham or turkey , swiss cheese , loads of pickles is also quite tasty.

I am a total texture eater so anything mush like tuna , chicken salad etc is not happening.
Agree about texture - it’s a North American thing to add it to tuna, chicken (when I made it) and egg salad (separate) so I would add chopped onion and celery to mine, and dill pickles if available. Layer crunchy lettuce on too. For tuna and egg, hot sauce and Dijon mustard is also a good addition.

Olivemaks

VIP Member
What type of cheese is everyone using in their sandwich?
Cathedral city. But sometimes I find cheese over powers other elements of my sarnie

My fave is tuna Mayo and cucumber sarnie😍 thinking of one RN mmm

also what butter does everyone use?

I like salted butter in foil can’t do all the tubbed butters. Though I did love flora gold but for some reason they discontinued it..

Last edited:

Pat the Dog

VIP Member
I have an irrational fear of cold bread lol
Prepackaged/ meal deal sandwiches are a hard no
But I love myself a cheese toastie
what can I say!? Basic 😂
I also don't like cold bread. I always have to let the bread get to room temperature. The same same with prepackaged sandwiches. Or do you just not like supermarket sandwiches, regardless?

Hey, you can't beat a toastie. I love a cheese, ham and pickle.

DaimIt

VIP Member
Sloppy Joe with dill pickles, American mustard and crisps.
Sloppy joes are my family's absolute fav.
My kids just eat the meat on a soft bun , but my husband loves to put shredded cheese, pickles and sometimes shredded lettuce.

Reactions: 1

Sheabutter

VIP Member
Ham and mustard is 😻😛
Cheese and ham
Cheese and onion
Chicken and chorizo
Plain old dairylea

other than those not a huge sandwich lover 😟
That’s a long repertoire! I started this thread because my sandwich life is in a rut 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 1