Sam & Nic Chapman #2 moan & brag but this is not an #AD.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know Nic said she would like to come back to YouTube but I'm surprised she's actually doing it now. Hopefully she doesn't spend the whole time talking about herself and the format is the same as how they used to be.
I’m surprised she’s bothering with YouTube and not just going the TikTok route. 🤷🏻‍♀️

She suits her hair so much! I hope she never grows it ouagain because the pixie / messy short style looks amazing on her.

Reactions: 4
I don’t think so. They never mention it and it would be a big cost and time suck for them… I can’t remember if / when they officially closed it though.
I googled and couldn't find anything about it 😞 how sad. Does anyone know what it was called?

Glad nic's back with her old videos though, little bit of nostalgia for me to when YouTube/blogging was more about the love of makeup than making money.

Reactions: 3
They closed it a long time ago, way before they stopped filming. They said they didn’t have the time to do it anymore.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
I actually always preferred Sam's tutorials, they were less "done" if that makes sense and it's more how I do my makeup, Nic has to use every single product in her kit. I won't be subscribing. I hope though uploading again makes her feel fulfilled because the early retirement just wasn't for her.

Reactions: 12
I don’t think so. They never mention it and it would be a big cost and time suck for them… I can’t remember if / when they officially closed it though.
It’s definitely not, the building they used to have was emptied a long time ago, a good few years (Norwich dweller here), they moved from the original building to a bigger one near the Mall but I don’t think they were there more than about a year

• Heart
I find it a bit sad for Sam... it was clear they were both so passionate about makeup (Sam more than Nic I would say tbh) and - while I can understand that the greed and ungenuine-ness that has came to be associated with the YouTube/social media stuff would be mentally draining for anyone so passionate about the art side of things - to go from owning a teaching academy, advising and being the face of a brush brand, doing a lot of makeup and beauty journalism, recording regular tutorials to just doing nothing in that field (or potentially even nothing AT ALL) just seems sad to me. I know they've both now probably got enough money to last them if they both lived until they were 300 years old but to do nothing with that passion and talent is just such a shame.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I actually always preferred Sam's tutorials, they were less "done" if that makes sense and it's more how I do my makeup, Nic has to use every single product in her kit. I won't be subscribing. I hope though uploading again makes her feel fulfilled because the early retirement just wasn't for her.
Sam was always the more talented one plus Nic doesn't actually suit wearing a lot of makeup

Reactions: 13
Sam was always the more talented one plus Nic doesn't actually suit wearing a lot of makeup
Pixiwoos was the first channel I discovered on YT, back when Sam’s girls were just babies! While I loved them both, I found their styles to be very different - Sam was all about doing make up her way. How she would wear it, with zero f*cks given most of the time. While Nic was more about trending looks, using all the products, explaining techniques, possibly a little bit more of a informative video. Together they balanced each other out nicely.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Together they balanced each other out nicely.
Exactly 👏This is why I don't understand why they gave it up. They are fab together and individually. I enjoyed their 'moods' too, you could tell when one of them wasn't feeling it but the randomness of their channel was always great.

They left at their peak and the peak of YT which maybe wasn't a bad thing 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Nic said very recently that she isn’t good at making up looks by herself and that she has to copy a look. That must be why their videos were so different.

I find it a bit sad for Sam... it was clear they were both so passionate about makeup (Sam more than Nic I would say tbh) and - while I can understand that the greed and ungenuine-ness that has came to be associated with the YouTube/social media stuff would be mentally draining for anyone so passionate about the art side of things - to go from owning a teaching academy, advising and being the face of a brush brand, doing a lot of makeup and beauty journalism, recording regular tutorials to just doing nothing in that field (or potentially even nothing AT ALL) just seems sad to me. I know they've both now probably got enough money to last them if they both lived until they were 300 years old but to do nothing with that passion and talent is just such a shame.
I think Sam has had her fill 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don’t think she’s as passionate about makeup or the makeup industry now compared to when she was younger. I think she’s an artistic person and can probably satisfy her creativity by other means these days. I think with all their business assets now, including property, they could both afford to be essentially retired now.

I think Sam has had her fill 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don’t think she’s as passionate about makeup or the makeup industry now compared to when she was younger. I think she’s an artistic person and can probably satisfy her creativity by other means these days. I think with all their business assets now, including property, they could both afford to be essentially retired now.
The point I was making is makeup artists a lot of the time will carry on working well into their 60s and even 70s....Val Garland, Mary Greenwell, Ruby Hammer, Barbara Daly etc... because not only is it their way to make money but it's their life and they love doing it, a bit like how singers (Cher, Rod Stewart etc) will still continue to do bits at an old age, not for the money but because they love performing. As you say,both Sam and Nic don't need to do YouTube anymore for financial reasons, so I took it that Nic was back for the reasons listed above. Just find it such a shame for Sam she fell out of love with it 😣💔

• Heart
I’m pretty sure Sam said on one of her lives that she’s feeling ready to do something make-up related again, she just wasn’t sure (or wasn’t saying) what it was and in what capacity. Not YouTube because she doesn’t care for what that’s become now compared to 10 years ago, but *something*.

So I’m eagerly waiting. 😂 I like her and I especially love her now that she’s older. She’s not everyone’s cup of tea and she knows that and doesn’t care one bit. 🥰

• Heart
I’m pretty sure Sam said on one of her lives that she’s feeling ready to do something make-up related again, she just wasn’t sure (or wasn’t saying) what it was and in what capacity. Not YouTube because she doesn’t care for what that’s become now compared to 10 years ago, but *something*.

So I’m eagerly waiting. 😂 I like her and I especially love her now that she’s older. She’s not everyone’s cup of tea and she knows that and doesn’t care one bit. 🥰
Aw! that's actually great news 💖

Reactions: 1

I always liked it that she (and Nic) were a good few years older than me, it really felt like watching big sisters you can trust because they knew their faces and already made all their beauty mistakes one makes when they're young

• Heart
Reactions: 5