Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Can I ask what they were like?

I have had medically moderate-severe acne and have followed sali's recs and kept a list for when my income allows me to address the leftover pigementation and scars. On that note I went to one of her (free) bobbi brown things to ask about scarring, she recommended Kate Kerr strong facial peel (I think £200ish?). Has anyone tried Kate Kerr?
(I am more cynical now as she posts old pictures of megan markle implying that she is fresh out of her salon.)

I admit I did buy the showercap (when it was on offer on cult beauty). I don't regret tbh, I haven't paid for a haircut for 5 years as I go to the training schools which takes hours, but I always make the blowdry or my own hour-long attempt at one last as long as poss, so I find the showercaps do help make my hair less frizzy than regular ones. (I fully acknowledge that this is an inconsistent spending habit but on roaccutane my hair doesnt get greasy, so it saves me having to wash just to restyle)

What is HCC?
Hot Cloth Cleansing

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
i nearly wet myself at this 😂

Do you know, the past few comments (about how to celebrate our monthiversary) have reminded me of the humour that existed in the old GTL days. Those were good, fun times!
Do you know I thought the same re old GtL - Pretty Ironic. I suppose it sort of makes sense as so many here are old GtLers.
Funnily I've been looking at old GtL stuff and some threads were so funny but some were really sucking up to 'Hughes'. It makes me cringe a bit. We were all so worried about offending her. There is one where someone says they wished Caitlin IMMM hadn't used the words '******' or 'r*tard' in her book (I think it might be the thread the OP got slung out over - not sure) but so many people were bending over backwards to justify her use of it, being a friend of SH, who I'm sure in real life would find it offensive. It was most peculiar really.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Esther Coren suggests a weighted blanket for stress and anxiety, perhaps Sali could slide ( rank expression 🙄) into her dm’s and get some advice.
😂 - probably will turn out they are 'friends' just like she and Dawn are 'friends'.

Is it half-term where she is? I just looked at her Instagram and what a drop in likes on her most recent post (967j. 19 September got 2,994 likes, which seems about average. I think the algorithm likes it when you post frequently, to be fair.
Not for state schools. They’ve got one more week.

Do her boys go to private school? They may have broken up on Friday? [emoji2370][emoji2370]

Mselvista

VIP Member
I've mentioned the google hangout when she and IK were talking that they told their friend about getting botox and that the friend took it well. IK then talked about how some women don't have any friends and that she would like to take them under her wing or something like that. It's on YouTube (Should we age gracefully or go down fighting)
Is that the one with Caroline Hirons and Brix Smith too? I've watched something like that but not noticed that comment (may have zoned out).

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
Jesus

Didn't have Lisa Eldridge as the goop-y type, I'm slightly dissapointed (is my judgment jealousy?)

These kind of reviews slightly remind me of actresses who overexaggerate eating burgers and trying hard to be so relatable.
(Authors brother went to the clinic and so author obviously knew what to expect and would have willingly chosen to go)

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
SH isn’t too quick to stick her head above the parapet for CH though is she. Fairweather friend (is that the saying?). Wonder is SH has preordered her book, because you know, us authors do that.
So true. There wasn't a peep from SH to defend her during the drunk elephant saga

melfish

VIP Member
I've been following Hemmo for years on her old Tumblr and on Twitter and Instagram. She seems like a genuinely good person and have always wondered whatever she found in common with SH and India Knight. Reading these threads have reminded me that Hemmo doesn't retweet or interact with them anymore. I wonder if she had a fall out with them?
Whatever it was, it was very abrupt. LIterally from besties to radio silence overnight

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I agree. Time for a shakeup. I can't remember the last time I felt inspired by a SH column.
I was looking up old GtL threads last night and found the £150 Whistles playsuit thing. After that SH said hooray she was a VIP Whistles customer which meant 40% off everything. Someone asked why and she replied (haughtily) that as she wore Whistles in all her videos they were really pleased with her.
Now I then just looked up Whistles in the GtL search thing and so many people said they were buying Whistles because of her and wanted to be a 'Salinista' (I know. Cringe). I wonder how much extra traffic she sent there? It was all a soft sell I suppose. Before things needed to say #ad #kindlygifted. We were all so bloody being played.
Oh God yes, I'd forgotten about the 'Salinistas'.

Mselvista

VIP Member
Yet there’s still an old MN thread up called “crap things Sali Hughes recommends in the Guardian”. Loads of stans on it, must be why it’s still there...

Btw - a few pages back someone asked about “silly” references - was it you @Mselvista? Not seen it anywhere here but just saw this on that MN thread
Not me. I don't know anything about silly references.