Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Even if Sali had said something like 'my good friend and colleague Jo Jones does the PR for this brand - but even so I am rigorously honest about my opinion and would say if I didn't like it' (for eg) it would be much better.
But for neither of them to mention it yesterday (doesn't matter if they had in the past as they have to assume each reader might be a new reader) just seems icky. Not dishonest or illegal but icky.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Dunstonwrecksin

I bet you it's a Nora Ephron inspired book. I love Nora Ephron but am so sick of mediocre middle class women being called 'the new Nora Ephron.' No, they are not. Including some very simple recipes amongst some self obsessed ramblings does not mean you've written the new Heartburn.

• Heart
  • Haha

Aude

VIP Member

blah blah blah
What you should do is hire a PR who's pals with "journalists" in the first place. The charity angle from about 7:08 is :ROFLMAO:.
I also saw that she does PR for Luke Hersheson and based on what we've seen of his skills I bet he's her stylist, too. 🤭 Does Caroline Hirons go to him as well? It would explain everything!
The advice she gives is exactly the sort of thing that turns me off a brand!

One of the things I dislike about Beauty Pie - and always makes me feel like unsubscribing - is the screen that comes up when you log in saying 'Your membership has saved you £1,723.10 (so far)'. Of course it bloody well hasn't. I would never have paid what they suggest is the 'typical price' against which they calculate the 'saving'.

And I dislike brands that propose making a donation to charity if I buy something from them. Honestly, just lower your price a little and let me choose which charities I want to support. It's so obviously a marketing ploy. Anything that makes me feel manipulated is a turn off.

• Heart

cholulamare

Chatty Member

SO. SNIPPY.

She really can't ever be even a tiny bit wrong, can she?

Sali of course would know all of this, what with all her experience with working in retail for a long time, 30 years ago. So the individual has risked their job, which she then shouted about online. She is full of it.
Did she really work in retail for a long time? I've never heard her mention this #deepresearch

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

Aude

VIP Member
Thank you for your company this year. I've really appreciated it. Happy New Year!

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member

SO. SNIPPY.

She really can't ever be even a tiny bit wrong, can she?

Did she really work in retail for a long time? I've never heard her mention this #deepresearch
"The most Twitter of threads". Yes, how dare a retail worker rightfully point out it could be a sackable offence when all Sali wants is her OBE

• Angry
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
If I'm reading this correctly Jo Jones was appointed to do the PR for Skin + Me October 2020 (which she doesn't mention in her IG post).
It all just seems a bit off 🤷‍♀️

rS8o9xIl.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Happy New Year everyone.
May 2021 be kind to our hovel dwelling beef faces.
And if everything is awful just remember it could be worse. You could be living with sex offender and cat flap botherer Eric Joyce. (Honestly I'll never quite grasp why IK is still with that disgusting individual).

• Haha

Mselvista

VIP Member
The ad is shocking - she looks nearly as uncomfortable as Lauren Laverne did in her Boden ads.
Am still trying to work out how the director (no less) of Lidl knew it was a member of staff from one of their stores to contact Beauty Banks when SH had been so careful not to identify the store. Perhaps she was contacted by the top dogs at Sainsbury's, Asda, Tesco etc all eager to know if it was one of their staff so that they could pass on their congratulations. Like Sali asking her husband to tell her all about the threads here she knew nothing about 🤪 it makes no sense.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
Have been AWOL and can’t catch-up. Just lost in hilarity at the latest Hush #AD don’t know where to begin with the awkwardness, am embarrassed for her. Does she really think it looks cool, effortless and tempting. Cringe. If Kevin & Perry did Hush Ads.

• Haha
  • Heart

The Dowager

Chatty Member
She is now fully hateable. This writing!
I’m running some training at work in a few weeks, part of which looks at how to write for your audience rather than writing to make the author sound clever. Thrilled that she’s provided this wonderful example of what not to do, pretty generous ;)

• Haha
  • Heart

The Dowager

Chatty Member

Minestrone? Oh goody, the world needs more recipes for that, especially from a former beauty writer.:rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I cannot believe my eyes...what a massive load of absolute twaddle. I wanted to say ‘what a twat she sounds’ but I won’t 😉
The thing that struck me about that piece is Sali's ego. So when asked what her must have products are they're not looking for her boasting about having gallons of products and running out being unthinkable & a perfume for every occasion, outfit and mood. They're asking for the benefit of readers. Saying that she has gallons of products and won't ever run out is not really helpful to people who don't have the luxury of receiving free products and have to part with their own cash.

But then, I shouldn't be surprised as Sali stopped caring about readers long ago and it's all about showcasing her and her ego- she sees herself as a brand. Such a shame, as a big part of her early appeal was that she was an everyday woman. That ship has sailed long ago

• Heart

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
This is one of the reasons I love Lisa. She doesn't benefit personally from monetising the popularity of her social media posts. And she gives the credit to her viewers for having raised the money. Compare and contrast with the subject of this thread 🤨

20201231_142019.jpg
20201231_142036.jpg

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I am fascinated to know how things stand with India now. One of her longest standing girlfriends. I see she wasn't name checked on that podcast. How far does Sali's famous great loyalty stretch?
On another note could she humble brag much more on that podcast about being 'soo sooo tiny and slim' with no exercise? 'It's soooo annoying - people assume I exercise a lot because I'm soooo slim {{{gulp, swallow}}}'

• Sick
  • Wow

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Lads, lads... I’m way behind, deep in the November threads, happily cackling at the lot of you, and ordering up Korean scrubbing mits (passé, moi?! ) Gaining on you fast though. Had forgotten how funny you fuckers are!!

And then I reach @melfish and @GTL Old-Timer talking about depression and the impossibility of showers (ahem) and @Skiddidlydaddle name-checked me. Well, this old skidder is now having a moment. Anyway, I’ll catch up with you bovine bastards soon...

• Heart

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
It's all just the typical mean girl/6th form common room attitude. "I'm so skinny and I eat whatever I like/barely touch my skin, it must be my genes/I've got sooo many female friends, I'm a great friend" She's never moved on from it. Don't they say if you have some type of rupture in childhood/teens some people can kind of stay there mentally. She seems stuck at age 15 when she #ranawayfromthevalleystothebigsmoke

• Heart

MissHavisham

Chatty Member
I deffo wasn't hot cloth cleansing when I was a teen. I used foaming gel cleansers that left my face tighter than a drum and squeakier than a mouse. Biactol, remember that? And I also used to buy a range called Pure and Simple that Yasmin le Bon advertised, because I thought she was the most beautiful woman there ever was and even though I was short, stout and Irish, I persisted in the hope I'd end up a leggy Iranian supermodel.

• Haha