Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BostonFernGreen

Chatty Member
People cope differently and a lot of people find solace in social media. We don't know her life. Maybe she's lonely. Lots of people go through illness online I don't think it's fair to criticise this as if it's a cynical move on her part. I'm saying this as someone who doesn't really like her too.
I see what you’re saying. I would add though that social media can introduce an extra dimension of angst when one is grieving. It’s quite hard to see a particular narrative of a tragedy splashed around when you know it’s not true. And it stays there forever and gets lots of attention.

Think it’s more a problem with social media than with individuals.

Deleted member 48

I don't understand why a curious journalist wouldn't read the comments towards their own article. You'd miss the good recommendations and see what questions your work didn't address. She's not an A-lister who could dive into a daily mail comment hate hole. Its like getting an essay marked but believing yourself too good to read the feedback
She sometimes puts the link to her Guardian column on her Instagram and communicates with her followers re the products there, but she ignores the comments on the actual Guardian page.

Girl meister

Another - I already loved...
On Instagram she is recommending Knock down the House on Netflix and manages to shoehorn in that she already loved Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez but loves her even more now.... classic Sali

D

Deleted member 14542

She has said of herself, in another context, that she was proper jailbait. I can't recall where - maybe an age old article in Red or something?

DinnerDog

Rachel Grundy (the wannabe actress in New York) and Katy Lindemann are two prime examples. Can’t stand either of them.
Haven't seen anything linking Katy and Sali for years I'm not sure it's still a thing but I could be wrong. She hasn't mentioned her on social media for ages that I've seen though I don't follow her religiously (Katy that is I don't follow Sali at all) I quite like Katy I think she's been doing some really good stuff about infertility and pregnancy loss. Always found RG irritating though!

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
“Everyone’s still on the dance floor” is REALLY making me grind my teeth.
Saying you are taking a break from the online / social world can often be a half-cry for necessary help. It seems odd to belittle it incase its for need, rather than algorithm tinkering

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
A few years ago she commented that she wouldn’t let anyone do her make up , she hinted that no one could ever do it the way she liked, in the way only Sali could say it.

That’s changed because Cher Webb, Hannah Martin , Mary Greenwell and Morag Ross have all made up her face beautifully.

I think she really did rate herself as a make up artist but clearly couldn’t cut the mustard.