Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mogthedog

Long time lurker, first time poster...

I came here after her little Friday breakdown video and have read the threads ever since. I was always a fan of Sali’s, was a member of GTL and then the forum and genuinely respected her and her recommendations. Gradually though, I felt like, was I the only one noticing how snippy and short she is with commenters? Or the only one seeing that the way she was selecting products to recommend had changed so much? As had the type of products she was apparently choosing. Also had anyone else noticed the way she (and an earlier poster hit the nail on the head with this) always had to be the palest, shortest, dryest of skin, biggest boobed, yada yada yada? Because being ordinary just isn’t possible for our Sal... but everyone on her groups just seemed to worship her and gush over everything she wore or recommended.

but it turns out lots of you had also been noticing the same things and growing tired of her ‘ways’. The funny thing is, I never knew this place existed until she pointed it out and she still likes to get a little mention in if the opportunity arises. It’s almost like she wants people to talk about her...

Anyway, as you were, I just thought I’d say hello! On the green eye thing, it irritated me recently when someone, Charlotte T probably, sent her a pallette and sali was at pains to say they had sent her the wrong one because she has green eyes and not blue. Who cares, it was free!

Personally I once won a competition on GTL and the prize never materialised. After a while I (politely) chased it up and got a really rude response from her. That should have been my first clue.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
Warning: (incoherent) rant

My piss usually doesn't reach its boiling point when it comes to Sali and maybe I'm a tad bit projecting here, perhaps overreacting, but she said in her latest "most requested" video that if she drops one of her Real Technique brushes on the train or they get stuck between the seats, she leaves them there as they're only a fiver.
(Breaths in deep, self-censoring, still censoring, piss is evaporated, losing bone density, you get the picture)
First, you have so many brushes in your so-called kit it's absurd, as she herself stated in regards to Lisa E, I'm a journalist and she's a makeup artist, or some such shit. And the majority of them were kindly gifted, I'm sure.
Second, only a fiver. Fuck you. From the woman who says she came to London with a nickle in bindle and runs a fucking charity? Fuck you.
Even if she meant it as an hyperbole of how they're cheap, fuck you.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Sali and her cronies are off again on the usual shit. Even without today’s appalling context, this is playground-level whinging. She‘s embarrassing herself by repeatedly inserting her complaints into unrelated conversations. Ignoring our serious concerns ironically just makes her seem incredibly petty.

View attachment 175345

View attachment 175346

View attachment 175347

If that was all that was being said about her why on earth would it bother her?
Don't be embarrassed for us. We're not friends with a p@edophile. Keep your shame for those who are.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Raindropsonkittens

Chatty Member
So. Let’s recap. One of her circle is a convicted child sex abuser & was threatening to come round to our houses (Sali being outraged that there are ‘teachers of children’ in our ranks), all the while planning to profit from a candle celebrating a famous pedophile. Yet she is the victim here. Her moral universe is bankrupt.

cholulamare

Chatty Member
From what I remember LL column wasn't even a written column, I don't think she did any traditional product recommendations. It was like a photo how to focusing on different areas of the face. Am I remembering correctly? I really like Lauren, she wears her heart on her sleeve and seems totally genuine.
I remember it always being about different eyeshadow looks and how to do them - I'm probably forgetting some other stuff she did but it seemed to be really repetitive, and always not very wearable, dated looks. I'm sure LL is lovely, and talented, but I do remember it being quite crap. That doesn't excuse that way SH publicly laughed about it with her mates then stole the column of course.

The Bowie stuff: excuse me while I do the biggest eye roll imaginable.

This has absolutely cracked me up by the way (see attachments) 😂

In summary, it's "a Birkenstock", "a clog", "a slide" - but NOT "a flip flop". I think I've cracked the code: one must only use the fashion singular if it's something being presented as a covetable item; the traditional plural is now reserved solely for items deemed uncool. Ergo, we have a Hush "trouser" or a Missoma "earring", but never "a Croc" 🤡

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Raker

VIP Member
Sali and her cronies are off again on the usual shit. Even without today’s appalling context, this is playground-level whinging. She‘s embarrassing herself by repeatedly inserting her complaints into unrelated conversations. Ignoring our serious concerns ironically just makes her seem incredibly petty.

View attachment 175345

View attachment 175346

View attachment 175347

If that was all that was being said about her why on earth would it bother her?
Come, come Sali and chums, that’s not all we’ve been talking about here, silly — what about

• the p*edo candle,
• the lack of social etiquette on public transport (putting on make up AND littering while telling others off for putting bags on seats),
• the jailbait comment/being groomed by an older man, unreliable narrative/ origin story,
• the ongoing, 🎶 tale as old as time 🎶, grabby influencer #press sample/#kindly gifted/ #clearly connected half-hearted/phoned in beauty column,
• the tweakments and ring light nonsense
• the ridiculous word salad/ludicrous oft-used phrases (whip smart? olfactory onanism? really????) you churn out consistently
• and, more tellingly, the many thoughtful comments on the India/Eric “problem” — or should we not pronounce on that as you, rather suspiciously, haven’t mentioned it either?

(and that’s just the past few weeks)

But sure, Sali, sure — you and you friends should just keep on about our “obsession” with the height (4 comments maybe) and the glasses (couple saying the frames didn’t suit you, couple saying the frames were nice) things, and ignore what people (including lots of former “fans” are actually saying about you.

Lunacy? Really?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

RayRayJay

Tonight I cried after putting my young child to bed because people like Eric Joyce exist.

And then people like Sali, Lauren and Feebee exist. On the day he pleads guilty to an unthinkable and disgusting crime, they, his friends, think it's ok to take to Twitter to talk about us being sad losers with no lives.

What.the.fuck.

Sali talks about being a victim of tattle, the impact this "bullying" has had on her and her friends lives and mental health.
No doubt much worse than being the victim of child abuse.

She has made me feel ill today with this behaviour.

And the fact that, in my mind, she undoubtedly knew about Ginsberg and the p a e d o connections while selling a candle idolising him makes this all the more unsavoury.

• Sad
  • Heart

Aude

VIP Member
So, who’d like to speculate wildly with me as to why Sali “had” to get a train to London today. She’s not a commuter, bitches!
Well I too got a train today for the first time since March and it did cross my mind that SH might have been travelling for the same reason as I was - to London to get my Botox redone now that aesthetic doctors are allowed to practice again.

• Haha
  • Heart

Spanner

Chatty Member
About 15 years ago, someone I worked with was convicted of the same crime as EJ, a couple of counts though, not just one. We weren’t super close but close enough that I’d been to his house for a dinner party and he’d been to mine. But after that conviction (he went to prison, so he lost his job) I cut him out. I couldn’t imagine inviting him to a party again and having to not want friends with kids come to a BBQ in case he was there. Maybe that makes me a terrible person and a very disloyal friend. I can’t imagine how you would want someone like that in your social circle, especially if you have children. I realise it’s different if it’s your partner or a relative. That’s so hard (obviously, not as hard as life is for a child who is abused)

For me, it’s not that Sali is in any way responsible for anything EJ has done. Or about her being friends with IK, it’s not IK’s fault what EJ did either.

It’s the rank hypocrisy of their silence, the fact that IK threatened to send him over, KNOWING what he’d done, and the now very telling dismissal of the Ginsburg candle connotations. I never want to hear them take the moral high ground again.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Eurgh

VIP Member
She has said elsewhere that she got into doing makeup for pop videos via her then boyfriend's flatmate who used to work for London Records (Bananarama's label) rather than because of a chance encounter.

View attachment 173748
If my housemate brought a 15 year old child to live with us I’d be on the phone to social services not giving her a fucking job.

• Haha
  • Sad

Curio

Chatty Member
I wonder if Sali will have a review comment on Caitlin’s book jacket. ‘A must read for all menopausal women but I AM NOT THERE YET’

• Haha
  • Heart

Raindropsonkittens

Chatty Member
I think she’s writing her novel. Chewing her pencil, scratching her head. Thinking about her whip smart heroine & the pistol in her knickers as she takes the fashion world by storm whilst dating the lead singer of an obscure indie band.

• Haha
  • Heart

cholulamare

Chatty Member
Yes, you are all right on Hershesons name check of course. duh.

"Info because I know someone will ask"
"the frames were from all over because I didn't want them to match" ummmm well it's not a clear angle but you've done a very good job of making them look like they match! I really hate her aesthetic and that runner is ugly as sin.

"I got everything printed online at @photoboxuk and stuck them all up with @3m" SALI I DON'T THINK ANYONE WAS GOING TO ASK ABOUT YOUR ADHESIVE, PLEASE GO OUTSIDE / WORK ON YOUR BOOK.

• Haha

Raindropsonkittens

Chatty Member
@Tesla's Ghost If I drop £5 on the train I just leave it. If it is £10 I ask someone else to pick it up for me. £20 I’d make an effort if I could grab it easily but for £50 I’d take a photo, put it on Insta and do a resentful #ad caption. Influencer economics 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Aude

VIP Member
I notice that she managed to shoehorn in another - inaccurate - mention of us in her latest IGTV (the one with Nadine).

When they're recapping on their recommendations (including her recommendation for jeans) towards the end, she says something to the effect: 'Someone's asking about the leg length'. I don't know if anybody was asking - it seems an odd thing to ask - but she then says (with a little laugh):

'This is quite a funny question for me because there are people online who are weirdly obsessed with my height. They think I'm secretly tall and lying about it or...'. She doesn't finish what she had planned to say because Nadine then chips in 'I can tell everybody out there that she's really not...' She then says: 'I'm 5 foot 3. I've been 5 foot 3 throughout my adult life'. After a bit of talk about their difference in height she comes back to it again: 'So yes I'm 5 foot 3 even though there seems a bizarre amount of speculation about that fact.'

Her height was mentioned here a couple of days ago because of her rather odd Twitter comment that Kate Middleton had worn a longer version of the same dress that she had worn - when photos showed the dresses to be the same length. This, in full, was the conversation about her height:

@Skiddidlydaddle: God, what is she talking about? The dresses are the same length. Kate is 5'9 and Sali looks around 5'2. Of course she would need more fabric.

@Skiddidlydaddle: Okay, a quick google says she is 5ft and would love to be 5'2.

@Aude: I think that was a quote from a Bobbi Brown interview with SH, not SH herself. (I'm small - 5ft 1in - so I notice things about height). I think SH says she's 5ft 3in and, having seen her IRL (in v high heels) I'd say that was right.

@Skiddidlydaddle: Yes that looks about right!

So no suggestion that she was 'lying' about her height, no 'bizarre amount of speculation'. A slight misunderstanding (that it was SH not BB who had said she was 5ft), quickly and accurately corrected.

I set this out in full because it's characteristic of the way she takes a speck of something here and twists it out of recognition.

I know it's a minority view here, but it does again make me think that she's being given a distorted version of our discussion (rather than reading it herself). Maybe not intentionally distorted - just being fed odd snippets and then filling in the gaps herself with what she imagines we might be saying.

I did also feel from that exchange with Nadine that she quite enjoyed mentioning that there were 'people online' talking about her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

crossword

No you are right - I don't think she has mentioned it once. She rarely mentions Clinique at all does she?
Ok then, I was going to keep it a secret but I can’t keep it from you all: She has mentioned Clinique Sheer Tint on more than one occasion and I must know because I bought it on her recommendation. Now go on throw me out of tattle. 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 23