Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monga

VIP Member
I think the good offers on the Sainsbury's nectar app have ended. They've been getting less generous and less of them.

Now the only offer I have is to save 15p on some potatos, which are still cheaper at Lidl/aldi anyway for the same variety.

It's useless that bit about extra nectar points where you have to go and save them each week for them to work. I don't care about 10 extra nectar points for buying a bag of kettle chios
I've noticed they're giving away a lot of free stuff at the checkouts .I've had a few free coupons for my most bought items these past few weeks I usually collect and save the Necter points you can spend them in argos /eBay etc .I collect loads from eBay purchases that I never really think about.

Reactions: 1

Yel

Chatty Member
It is annoying they don't have the scanners in some shops and that even places where you'd think there would be data there isn't. They should have rolled them out at all the large stores by now

This is quite a good discount, its usually £4.50 but on offer for £3.50 and my nectar price reduces it further

Screenshot_20211210-115105_Nectar.jpg

Yel

Chatty Member
I think the nectar prices thing is the only positive thing I can remember them doing in the last decade. I've noticed the nectar discounts sometimes don't work then a few hours later they issue a voucher for the amount they should have been. Bit annoying.

I wonder if they actually made money with buying Argos and habitat? It seems a bit outdated now with online.

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
I'm currently using up vouchers from Tesco before going back to Sainsbury's for a bit. All my shopping is online for various reasons, particularly because I have no self restraint if I go into a physical store 🤦

I checked my Nectar points account and apparently I have about £63 in vouchers 👀 So wise ones, is it worth saving these up or using them against my weekly shop?

• Heart

Sea

VIP Member
A nectar carder here, hate loyalty cards/apps but i like "free" spending money/points - £200 to spend hurray!
Didn't know about the new discount on products, about time they caught up with Tesco members (yes I seethe on the rare occasions I shop at Tesco's and see what I pay and the difference of what clubcarders pay).

Lisdiz

VIP Member
Love Sainsbury’s own vegan bacon. Yummy.

Worth starting a thread even if it won't ever rival m&s or the Aldi / Lidl ones.

Recently downloaded the nectar app as I've noticed they are giving discounts on 8 products I regularly buy when you use the scan as you shop. This is the kind of shit that will get me going back even if it at best brings it inline with the budget shops 😆

View attachment 798286

Also found out I have about a fiver in nectar refund vouchers whatever they are? Only bother to use my nectar card as it's needed for the scan as you shop. Worth checking if it's a few quid though.

View attachment 798287
Didn’t know about this app. Downloading now. Thank you 🙏🏻

coconochanel

VIP Member
Ooooh I do like Sainsburys. I manage to get reduced chicken almost every time I go. Also the nectar rewards is quite good as in it remembers what you buy so then gives you a chance to get extra points next time you buy them.

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm only ever getting save X on your first online order offers spat out at me :(

I think the nectar app was having issues, I've got 8 offers today but the discounts are 1/3rd less than they used to be.

Isn't this just the normal price as Tesco's own brand that probably is made by the same people as it's packaged exactly the same? At least give me an offer off the jalapeno version!
Screenshot_20220205-092859_Nectar.jpg

CheshireLove

VIP Member
I’ve just seen the SmartShop offers on my Nectar app. The savings are actually quite substantial. I find the app doesn’t usually work for me in store because there’s no WiFi.

monga

VIP Member
Maybe we're just getting lucky over here with the freebies :)
Tesco on the otherhand was my go to shop (not sure if it's the same in England ) but they've run ours right into the ground .It looks grimy with most of the shelves empty .I'm sure they're running them down for a reason ,maybe looking to get rid of them . I found Sanisburys have kept their high standard throughout the pandemic clean and really well stocked ,even loads reduced in the fruit and veg isles on a daily basis ,their prices have remained pretty stable too .

monga

VIP Member
Wonder how this will go down with the big supermarkets I’ve noticed a lot more seem to be food shopping in the cheapie stores

TinyDancer2602

Disappointed to read they have scrapped the double up. Where did you read that? @Noseyoldcow
We have been saving up for nearly 2 years…not intentionally, we missed it last year. I had big plans for that offer 😞

Yel

Chatty Member
Really annoyed to read they’ve scrapped the double up scheme this year though?? Me and my hubby used to save all our points throughout the year and it used to really help with Christmas as we’d get tons of presents.
Ah boo! I had no idea I'd collected a decent amount and with the other post above I had already started planning what I'd spend them on when tripped :(

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
I tend to save mine for a week where I might be a little short, e.g near the end of a month where Ive also had to repair the car or something. Taking 5 or 10 off using vouchers makes things seem a little easier. Ive never manged to save them all year for Christmas like some do, that's also a good idea, because that time of year it feels like costs escalate.

I tried Tesco this week but the store was dingy and had harsh lighting that made me feel so on edge, so I think I might have to go back to the usual Sainsburies, because the one near me feels so much more relaxed. The prices weren't much different for the things I buy.

A friend keeps recommend ing Aldi so I went recently but when you have allergies like me I found I couldn't buy any of the cereal or chocolates and stuff because of the limited selection, so to me it feels like a wasted trip as I would still need to go to a bigger shop to get the things that are suitable.

I want to save money but I can't do it with just a smaller store like Aldi sadly.
Thanks for the reply. I must admit the Tesco makes it very easy to save up and use the vouchers which have come in handy the week before payday.

If I have to physically visit a store then I usually go to my local Sainsbury's. It's well laid out but not too big that I get in a panic going round the store. We're vegan and I agree with you re Aldi/Lidl (plus I find their fruit and veg to be lower quality).

Job for this week is to figure out the Sainsbury's app and how to get access to vouchers I didn't even know existed! And it gives me time to decide whether I want to sign up to their Christmas delivery slots too :)

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I share an account with my dad. I've given him a keyring fob and he collects points for me too. We don't tend to let them really build up. ( Our current balance is £2.32) . I read an article where someone else had found another's nectar card and used the money off a shop.

Got a x3 nectar coupon and a £18 off a shop of £60 which I don't think we would use. My mother isn't a fan of online shopping.

I mainly just buy the innocent drinks which they usually have on offer for £2 down from the usual price of £3.20 and they have the best doughnuts. You can also get nectar points when you shop on Ebay and fill up with petrol at a Esso pump.

I found in my area they are actually the cheapest for milk, compared to Tesco and Iceland.

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
Came here from the M&S thread… we get a weekly Sainsburys delivery, and the nectar discounts seemed like a brilliant idea so thought I’d come over and see. Except I can’t use them because we only shop online 🤦🏻‍♀️