Sainsbury's

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

Worth starting a thread even if it won't ever rival m&s or the Aldi / Lidl ones.

Recently downloaded the nectar app as I've noticed they are giving discounts on 8 products I regularly buy when you use the scan as you shop. This is the kind of tit that will get me going back even if it at best brings it inline with the budget shops 😆

Screenshot_20211007-120950_Nectar.jpg

Also found out I have about a fiver in nectar refund vouchers whatever they are? Only bother to use my nectar card as it's needed for the scan as you shop. Worth checking if it's a few quid though.

Screenshot_20211007-121026_Nectar.jpg

Reactions: 5
Love Sainsbury’s own vegan bacon. Yummy.

Worth starting a thread even if it won't ever rival m&s or the Aldi / Lidl ones.

Recently downloaded the nectar app as I've noticed they are giving discounts on 8 products I regularly buy when you use the scan as you shop. This is the kind of tit that will get me going back even if it at best brings it inline with the budget shops 😆

View attachment 798286

Also found out I have about a fiver in nectar refund vouchers whatever they are? Only bother to use my nectar card as it's needed for the scan as you shop. Worth checking if it's a few quid though.

View attachment 798287
Didn’t know about this app. Downloading now. Thank you 🙏🏻

Reactions: 1
I think it’s off putting. Yes a card is available to anyone but why should you need one?
Not Sainsbury’s but Morrison’s have sky rocketed their prices the last couple of weeks.

Reactions: 2

Yel

Seems like they are trying to be like Tesco with the cardholder prices. :unsure:
I think they've realised lots of people don't bother with these cards anymore and they need a more compelling reason to hand over data. I think the Waitrose one is a bit similar in terms of getting you personalised offers? or it was, I'm not a regular.

I think it’s off putting. Yes a card is available to anyone but why should you need one?
That's the deal you do with the devil! If you give them more data to mine you can save some money

Reactions: 4
Every year around November they allow you triple the balance of your nectar points to spend in departments that aren’t grocery so we usually save ours up over the year, and get a load of homeware that we wouldn’t have otherwise bought.

Reactions: 3
Ooooh I do like Sainsburys. I manage to get reduced chicken almost every time I go. Also the nectar rewards is quite good as in it remembers what you buy so then gives you a chance to get extra points next time you buy them.

I’ve just swapped to sainsburys delivery as the pass is cheaper than Tesco 👍🏻

Really annoyed to read they’ve scrapped the double up scheme this year though?? Me and my hubby used to save all our points throughout the year and it used to really help with Christmas as we’d get tons of presents.

• Sad

Yel

Really annoyed to read they’ve scrapped the double up scheme this year though?? Me and my hubby used to save all our points throughout the year and it used to really help with Christmas as we’d get tons of presents.
Ah boo! I had no idea I'd collected a decent amount and with the other post above I had already started planning what I'd spend them on when tripped :(

A nectar carder here, hate loyalty cards/apps but i like "free" spending money/points - £200 to spend hurray!
Didn't know about the new discount on products, about time they caught up with Tesco members (yes I seethe on the rare occasions I shop at Tesco's and see what I pay and the difference of what clubcarders pay).

I think they've realised lots of people don't bother with these cards anymore and they need a more compelling reason to hand over data. I think the Waitrose one is a bit similar in terms of getting you personalised offers? or it was, I'm not a regular.

That's the deal you do with the devil! If you give them more data to mine you can save some money
I don't even care about reward points anymore, they can have all my data, every single last bit of it in exchange for being able to scan my card to release the scanner handset. I haven't been to a normal checkout, either manned or self service in Sainsbury's or Tesco for about 2 years!

My absolute favourite thing in Sainsbury's is the honey mustard sauce they sell with their pizza meal deal. I grab handfuls every time!

I've never had food from Sainsburys (don't live close to one) but I have ordered some of their "Tu" clothing range before and was quite impressed. Good quality and some really nice bits! :)

Reactions: 5
Disappointed to read they have scrapped the double up. Where did you read that? @Noseyoldcow
We have been saving up for nearly 2 years…not intentionally, we missed it last year. I had big plans for that offer 😞

I've never had food from Sainsburys (don't live close to one) but I have ordered some of their "Tu" clothing range before and was quite impressed. Good quality and some really nice bits! :)
Same here, got a gorgeous coat from there a few years back no-one believed me when I said Sainsburys

• Heart
I'm currently using up vouchers from Tesco before going back to Sainsbury's for a bit. All my shopping is online for various reasons, particularly because I have no self restraint if I go into a physical store 🤦

I checked my Nectar points account and apparently I have about £63 in vouchers 👀 So wise ones, is it worth saving these up or using them against my weekly shop?

• Heart
I'm currently using up vouchers from Tesco before going back to Sainsbury's for a bit. All my shopping is online for various reasons, particularly because I have no self restraint if I go into a physical store 🤦

I checked my Nectar points account and apparently I have about £63 in vouchers 👀 So wise ones, is it worth saving these up or using them against my weekly shop?
I tend to save mine for a week where I might be a little short, e.g near the end of a month where Ive also had to repair the car or something. Taking 5 or 10 off using vouchers makes things seem a little easier. Ive never manged to save them all year for Christmas like some do, that's also a good idea, because that time of year it feels like costs escalate.

I tried Tesco this week but the store was dingy and had harsh lighting that made me feel so on edge, so I think I might have to go back to the usual Sainsburies, because the one near me feels so much more relaxed. The prices weren't much different for the things I buy.

A friend keeps recommend ing Aldi so I went recently but when you have allergies like me I found I couldn't buy any of the cereal or chocolates and stuff because of the limited selection, so to me it feels like a wasted trip as I would still need to go to a bigger shop to get the things that are suitable.

I want to save money but I can't do it with just a smaller store like Aldi sadly.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I tend to save mine for a week where I might be a little short, e.g near the end of a month where Ive also had to repair the car or something. Taking 5 or 10 off using vouchers makes things seem a little easier. Ive never manged to save them all year for Christmas like some do, that's also a good idea, because that time of year it feels like costs escalate.

I tried Tesco this week but the store was dingy and had harsh lighting that made me feel so on edge, so I think I might have to go back to the usual Sainsburies, because the one near me feels so much more relaxed. The prices weren't much different for the things I buy.

A friend keeps recommend ing Aldi so I went recently but when you have allergies like me I found I couldn't buy any of the cereal or chocolates and stuff because of the limited selection, so to me it feels like a wasted trip as I would still need to go to a bigger shop to get the things that are suitable.

I want to save money but I can't do it with just a smaller store like Aldi sadly.
Thanks for the reply. I must admit the Tesco makes it very easy to save up and use the vouchers which have come in handy the week before payday.

If I have to physically visit a store then I usually go to my local Sainsbury's. It's well laid out but not too big that I get in a panic going round the store. We're vegan and I agree with you re Aldi/Lidl (plus I find their fruit and veg to be lower quality).

Job for this week is to figure out the Sainsbury's app and how to get access to vouchers I didn't even know existed! And it gives me time to decide whether I want to sign up to their Christmas delivery slots too :)

I’ve just seen the SmartShop offers on my Nectar app. The savings are actually quite substantial. I find the app doesn’t usually work for me in store because there’s no WiFi.

I think the best thing is the nectar prices seem to sometimes be on items already on promotion so you get a double discount. These Lolly's are £3.75 on ocado.

Screenshot_20211015-091320_Nectar.jpg

Some tea I get is usually £2 and currently on offer for £1.50 then the nectar price is £1 so is a bit of a bargain. I'm totally falling for this and often coming out having spent a fortune at Sainsbury's 😆