Rugby #2 World Cup 2023 (and beyond!) šŸ‰

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
to continue here everyone!

for the rest of the world cup, and feel free to stick around for the season and the six nations. been great to see so many rugby fans on tattle :)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The English hateboner lives on another week although I think we will lose to France or SA.

If you'd have said before the start of the World Cup England would be the team reaching the semi final, and both Ireland and Wales knocked out in the quarter finals and Scotland not getting out of the group stages I would have laughed in your face.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Just a bit of context.

English rugby earns around Ā£100 million a year, has 350,000 players, and more than 2000 clubs.

Fiji have a Ā£3.8 million operating budget, just 60,000 players and 560 clubs.

Taken from FB

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I know I've slagged off England, but didn't realise how really hated they are!
Think I might have to not post on here for a while, can't be doing with this, I've been nice to all other teams, but tis starting to grate on me, hope France lose later!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Think I might have to not post on here for a while, can't be doing with this, I've been nice to all other teams, but tis starting to grate on me, hope France lose later!
Haha yeah we are which is why it is just funny when we make it further than the other home nations.

Looking forward to the game later. Have no preference for winner as I know we will get mullered by either šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Haha yeah we are which is why it is just funny when we make it further than the other home nations.

Looking forward to the game later. Have no preference for winner as I know we will get mullered by either šŸ˜‚
Yeah you're right, the 'arrogant' English have gotten through!!

Reactions: 3
Yeah you're right, the 'arrogant' English have gotten through!!
What makes it funny is that no one hates England more than the English and most England fans thought we wouldn't get out of the group stages.

Compare that to Ireland where they expected this year to be their's. Sexton is every bit as awful as Farrell.

Reactions: 2
i truly am sorry if my post(s) upset you too! wasnā€™t my intention and only meant as general sporting commentary on the team itself, not actual english folk, who i love (if we were watching formula 1 i would be doing much the same about mercedes šŸ¤£) - please donā€™t leave x

EVERYONE is welcome here and no one should feel they canā€™t post. even owen farrell and johnny sexton are welcome to comment! šŸ˜‰

Curry was very bloody lucky today. How was that not a yellow when the Fijian guy got binned? I loved the way Fiji just kept going, a great tier two side.

Farrell is a great player, but he is a seriously gobby captain. And he really ought to be in the centre.

• Heart
I'm English myself but I don't hate England as such but prefer older teams to this one.
There is an air of arrogance about them and Owen Farrell's smirk gets on my nerves. Genge is a dirty player.

Media don't help by putting England on a pedestal like they do with the football team and it ends in disappointment for them. Gets a bit tiring after a while.
---
Either way I just like a good game of rugby

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Farrell is a great player, but he is a seriously gobby captain. And he really ought to be in the centre.
heā€™s so much better at centre imo! ford at 10 and farrell at 12 is surely the best option - though i guess that does take away a lot of tuilagiā€™s impact.

Reactions: 2
i truly am sorry if my post(s) upset you too! wasnā€™t my intention and only meant as general sporting commentary on the team itself, not actual english folk, who i love (if we were watching formula 1 i would be doing much the same about mercedes šŸ¤£) - please donā€™t leave x

EVERYONE is welcome here and no one should feel they canā€™t post. even owen farrell and johnny sexton are welcome to comment! šŸ˜‰
Haha it is all in good faith and jokes to me.

Curry was very bloody lucky today. How was that not a yellow when the Fijian guy got binned? I loved the way Fiji just kept going, a great tier two side.

Should have been a yellow for the Botia slap, slowdown of Ben Earls too...

Fiji were a pleasure to watch though.

• Heart
I think Iā€™m sadly Englandā€™s biggest critic. Iā€™ve just learnt accept being the odd one out though with it as I should be all ā€˜Englandā€™ but it just doesnā€™t sit right at the mo, givne all that is happening below international level. A good win just covers up how crap our governing body is. I could get paid Ā£660k to do the screw up we have tbh šŸ˜‚

i hope flats and Kayser do the commentary tonight. Ben Kayser is aging wellā€¦ā€¦.

• Heart
I think Iā€™m sadly Englandā€™s biggest critic. Iā€™ve just learnt accept being the odd one out though with it as I should be all ā€˜Englandā€™ but it just doesnā€™t sit right at the mo, givne all that is happening below international level. A good win just covers up how crap our governing body is. I could get paid Ā£660k to do the screw up we have tbh šŸ˜‚

i hope flats and Kayser do the commentary tonight. Ben Kayser is aging wellā€¦ā€¦.
We're not great yet shithouse ourselves to a semi final while on paper better teams are knocked out in the quarter finals.

• Heart
I'm in the minority here and haven't followed the thread as closely. I will always support England if SA isn't playing. Times are tough for many and back home, this is a vital moral boost.
I adore the game and get very emotional for teams who gave their blood, sweat and tears, who's journeys have ended.
Going to be a nail-biting game.
Sending you hugs @Maid22. X

• Heart
Take a breather and come back. I need someone else to come back and say with me ā€˜we know some of our players are shithouses, we donā€™t need telling!ā€™

• Haha