Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kale-supremacist

VIP Member
Really nothing happened this whole year, I only read the thread sporadically but what I remember:
- divine feminine retreat in Egypt
- autistic queen loves to eat the same meal everyday
- something about healing her shopping addiction
- Venice film festival
- divorce arc incoming after some cryptic post about living in a commune and partaking into "sisterhood"
- pj looks like a gentle giant tbh I don't understand why she hid him, she is no looker herself
- she cut her hair off which quickly became her whole personality during that very short comeback

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She also seemed to lose her identity once her ‘hot, rich, socialite 20-something’ identity became unsustainable, partially due to people being more aware of photoshop and filters, and partly due to her own aging out of it and total lack of friends. She’s gone between geeky gamer, earth mother, Hollywood wife, spiritual guru and country bumpkin. I don’t think she even knows who she is so nothing seems authentic.

• Sad
Reactions: 14

pennypinchpam

VIP Member
I think becoming a mum so soon after getting married didn't fit with her blog and expectations of lifestyle...

However I thought it showed her lack of creativity and motivation the fact she didn't embrace this travelling lifestyle...I mean she was packing up and moving around the world and living in nice places...hardly in a hostel heating super noodles in a kettle!

I feel she really missed the opportunity to build on it...show amazing places and explore...

I wonder whether she wasn't just brave enough and rather than seeing opportunity it just became a chore?

Either.way she had an audience and its now lost...apart from us lot wondering where she is?!
I think the hostel pot noodle content is far more compelling and interesting.
---
I think becoming a mum so soon after getting married didn't fit with her blog and expectations of lifestyle...

However I thought it showed her lack of creativity and motivation the fact she didn't embrace this travelling lifestyle...I mean she was packing up and moving around the world and living in nice places...hardly in a hostel heating super noodles in a kettle!

I feel she really missed the opportunity to build on it...show amazing places and explore...

I wonder whether she wasn't just brave enough and rather than seeing opportunity it just became a chore?

Either.way she had an audience and its now lost...apart from us lot wondering where she is?!
“Influencing” is such a pathetic pursuit. I can understand dropping it because when your “influence” goes to nothing, it just becomes an expensive hobby with sponsorships drying up. She could’ve done the whole “London glam mummy” thing, but she moved. She could’ve done the “glam travel mummy” thing, but she started getting all weird and preachy about body acceptance (when her body is not-plus size…) and embracing your greys and what not, but with silly long legs. She lost her audience because she was no longer the London “it girl” invited to launches and openings and couldn’t adapt to her life changing. her travel content was boring beyond boring and her mummy content was unconvincing and unrelatable. So it makes sense that she’s dropped off the scene. None of it was authentic. If it was, she’d still be posting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

emm

VIP Member
She also seemed to lose her identity once her ‘hot, rich, socialite 20-something’ identity became unsustainable, partially due to people being more aware of photoshop and filters, and partly due to her own aging out of it and total lack of friends. She’s gone between geeky gamer, earth mother, Hollywood wife, spiritual guru and country bumpkin. I don’t think she even knows who she is so nothing seems authentic.
Also partly from when the laws about disclosure of ads came in, she looked so glamorous and uber rich travelling everywhere (I can't believe I never found it odd she only stayed in hotels 1/2 days at a time etc) then it turns out it was all just undisclosed ads

Staple

Chatty Member
Yes. And she is dull as fuck. Her disappearing has been the most interesting thing she’s done for years.

I think the problem for OG influencers like Rosie is that they were a minority/new thing and got a lot of freebies/attention for fairly mediocre effort.

These days is a massively swamped market, she’s really dull and lazy and instead tried to lazily jump onto some trends; being a bit podgy, embracing grey hair, deciding she’s autistic, suddenly hiding her child’s face, and because none of these things are done with any authenticity she’s just continued to slide into uninteresting oblivion.

An attempt to then ride on her husband’s coat tails also was uninteresting so there’s not really much for her to bother with now, is there?

• Heart

GhostHoward

VIP Member
But like...When has Rosie ever really 'delivered' content or sold products? It's always been sub-par (and for the purposes of snark, amusing!)

Plus the content she did produce is everywhere online these days (wafting around lovely locations etc) & so if someone enjoyed her stuff there's a myriad of other people (doing it better!) to follow.

I rather like that after all those pages of her thread over on GOMI she might have actually GOMI-ed
Wait wait wait!!!
Does GOMI stand for “get off my internet”?
I’ve genuinely never thought about it (and wasn’t on it, just heard about it on here)

• Haha

Staple

Chatty Member
Yes! She was what started it for me over on GOMI!

I reckon she’ll attempt a rebrand in a few months time.

She’s either divorcing/massive financial issues (quite likely) and that doesn’t fit her narrative and she doesn’t want to post for fear of comments rumbling her.

But will come back with some garb about taking time to reflect and being a stronger women despite her autism or whatever she thinks is trendy at that point that she wants to self-diagnose.

Or same as above but she’ll be back with another baby and hoping the shocker of throwing out a surprise insta-engagement-baby will get her a few spon deals

OR she’s realised she cannot grift anything free anymore as no one gives a fuck and those days of PR stays in lovely hotels or offers to pretend to order everything off the menu at a new trendy restaurant are long gone.

Reactions: 11

Justcyrious

VIP Member
If I’m honest I’m a bit disappointed she’s gone. I don’t know why she never did more to capitalise on her following (didn’t want/need/didn’t care) but ultimately I enjoyed the photos and having a bit of a laugh with her exaggerations. She sounded unhappy and a bit troubled in recent years.

• Sad

Staple

Chatty Member
She’s tried every thirst avenue over the recent years since losing her “Londoner” identity and not progressing at the same pace as other influencers. (Embracing my greys, oooh actually I don’t mind being a bit fat, earth mama, shopping addiction, movie director by proxy, autistic, big gamer, social anxiety, elderly haircuts).

Think she’s just hit the end of the road and no one cares or is offering her any freebies because she hasn’t got an interesting lane to sit in, or any authenticity. She was one of the early influencers and could have really elevated but I think ultimately she’s quite lazy and really just wanted someone rich to keep her, and in the end had to just go for the honey monster van sarnie or actually get a proper job.

• Haha

countrybumpkin92

Is H8etcetc Rosie?! She’s either got all the insider info of PJ’s films, knowing what’s coming up etc, but she also says she knows her from years back… Surely you don’t have a vested interest in both. I’m with Libertine.
Not here for a debate, just purely fed up of quietly wondering to myself.
I wondered the same! No need for them to be getting so stressed, it’s only the Rosie Londoner tattle chat after all.

Reactions: 10

emm

VIP Member
Catching up on Rosie's thread. I was reminded of her when I saw Carlo mentioned on Niomi Smart's thread (he liked some photos, nothing interesting!). Anyway! I'm sort of impressed she's just cold turkey stopped social media. She spent years manufacturing her life for social media and her blog. I imagine it's freeing not to do so for once. Though on her IG you can see lots of worried comments asking her if she's okay etc.
I'd be annoyed if I was a fan and she thinks it'd okay to disappear with no explanation tbh, ifs a total lack of respect for the people who have basically been providing her with an income for the last god knows how many years

pennypinchpam

VIP Member
Really nothing happened this whole year, I only read the thread sporadically but what I remember:
- divine feminine retreat in Egypt
- autistic queen loves to eat the same meal everyday
- something about healing her shopping addiction
- Venice film festival
- divorce arc incoming after some cryptic post about living in a commune and partaking into "sisterhood"
- pj looks like a gentle giant tbh I don't understand why she hid him, she is no looker herself
- she cut her hair off which quickly became her whole personality during that very short comeback
The grey hair personality trait too

• Haha

Showmethemoonie

Chatty Member
I'd be annoyed if I was a fan and she thinks it'd okay to disappear with no explanation tbh, ifs a total lack of respect for the people who have basically been providing her with an income for the last god knows how many years
I thought this Reddit comment from a marketer on two YouTubers who recently went silent for 6 months sums this up pretty well: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eamonandbec/s/LCTUFYWiZe

TLDR: influencers are marketers and their own brand. They produce a product (content) which the consumer pays for by watching their ads and buying the products they advertise. If they just stop delivering the product, it’s a human reaction to be disappointed.

countrybumpkin92

I’m surprised she didn’t do a final ‘thanks for the memories’ blog post or something. I guess she might be back one day, maybe divorced, maybe with another baby. I wondered if something bad had happened (a family member had died or something) so I had a little look at her families instagrams and nothing. Guess she just got tired of it, she wasn’t really a natural in the last couple of years she just came accross a bit unhappy.

Reactions: 9

Dreier89

I can’t believe I am saying this but I miss her lol! I miss her stupid post, or probably more , the snark on here 😂.

• Haha

Dreier89

I actually think she’s just realised she doesn’t need to post any more now she’s married to a HW producer. I’m not a fan but doubt it’s divorce
I just cannot imagine a situation where Rosie wouldn’t humble brag at every given opportunity 🤔😂