Richard Osman's House Of Games

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me and my wife love this

Anyone a fan?

This week is painful to watch though. How can Sinitta and Maisie Smith be so thick. I think they share a brain cell with Max George and he must have it this week. Shame he didn't have it last week.

Must say that he came across well as a person on both Masterchef and this though.

Maybe it's because we love quizzes and watch a lot of them but I thought there were things everyone knew that were common knowledge.

Angela Barnes is still the GOAT of House Of Games and it's going to take a lot for anyone to change that!

Reactions: 11
Maisie brought the novelty legwarmers. That was her contribution done and dusted!

I love HOG and they often have an an interesting mix of contestants (many of whom I've never heard of but that doesn't really matter too much), but on any given week there's usually one really annoying person and I'm sorry but I just can't watch if Kemah Bob is on.

I find Angela Barnes quite dull. Without a doubt there have been other contestants who are just as good, if not better, but they become self-conscious about dominating the game and let others chip in so it doesn't get boring.

I'd like Jimi to win this week. He seems nice and I think he is the best player (of the 4) but he scuppers himself by buzzing in too early. William is a more shrewd game-player.

Also just have to say... major eyeroll to anyone who chooses the cheap candle, travel mug or shoe horn etc over the proper prizes ie deck chair, tool box & luggage!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I LOVE HOG. I just wish the Answer Smash segment was longer as that’s the fave in our house 😂

Reactions: 9
I love House of Games

Oddly though I dislike answer smash and sometimes fast forward through that.

This week isn't the greatest line up though.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I like Answer Smash and, for extra show-off points, always try to answer without looking at the photos. The round which always makes me groan when it comes up is 'Where Is Kazakhstan?'. Ugh, geography!

on any given week there's usually one really annoying person and I'm sorry but I just can't watch if Kemah Bob is on.
"Wowwwww!"

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I like Answer Smash and, for extra show-off points, always try to answer without looking at the photos. The round which always makes me groan when it comes up is 'Where Is Kazakhstan?'. Ugh, geography!

"Wowwwww!"
Haha I love 'Where is Kazakhstan', also the emoji round, terrible at dating, and the one where they each give one word clues to a book, movie etc (the nice round?)

Haha I love 'Where is Kazakhstan', also the emoji round, terrible at dating, and the one where they each give one word clues to a book, movie etc (the nice round?)
I hate Terrible at Dating! I think that's probably my least favourite of all but I genuinely am crap at History. (And dating! 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
another fan of HOG here.. my fave rounds are the ones with the kids asking questions, the guess how seconds before the singing starts and guess the average round.

@VeryNiceVeryEVIL - Maisie and Sinitta are not the worst in my book. The contestants who clearly cant be arsed to at least try and participate are the worst type. If you cant be arsed to join in why even bother to go on the show?

another fan of HOG here.. my fave rounds are the ones with the kids asking questions, the guess how seconds before the singing starts and guess the average round.

@VeryNiceVeryEVIL - The contestants who clearly cant be arsed to at least try and participate are the worst type. If you cant be arsed to join in why even bother to go on the show?
Yes! Patsy Kensit springs to mind. Only there for the paycheck. As a massive quiz geek it absolutely infuriates me!

Reactions: 6
Love HOG too. It is literally one of the few programmes my OH can tolerate these days 😂 As well as Masterchef. Though he hates Gregggg.
Kemah Bob's voice 😬 And she never shuts up.
I love Where is Khazakstan, The emoji round, The nice round, and the one where they all stood up and had to name things in a catagory eg US states without an E (though I think they have dropped that one sadly).
I recently watched the series again with Ingrid Oliver when she and Richard met and fell in love. Quite sweet to see it in retrospect.

Reactions: 5