Retro Flame aka Erika Fox

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
from her own blog.....

Erika Fox is a Fashion & Lifestyle Blogger currently living in New York City. Throughout college, she spent her Summers in NYC and has been living there permanently for the past year. Throughout her time in New York, she has worked in Fashion PR, with Whitney Port, at Refinery29, with Olivia Palermo and most recently as the Social Media Manager at NYC Fashion powerhouse, Camuto Group. Erika was recently awarded as one of IrishCentral’s ‘Top 40 Digital Influencers’ in the U.S and also as one of the ‘Top 20 New York Style Bloggers’. Retro Flame is a Fashion & Lifestyle Website which documents Erika’s work, travels, outfits and inspirations. Through blogging, she has worked with brands such as Michael Kors, Vera Wang and Ted Baker and has been featured in a wide range of national and international publications including Teen Vogue, Seventeen and The Sunday Times STYLE Magazine. Her current overall fan-base has now reached over 100,000 followers.

Irish girl, living the influencer life in NYC 🤷‍♀️

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3
A recap; two extremely plain, boring girls from Kerry living in NY courtesy of their rich parents... there is more personality in my big toe than both of them put together.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
”Stopppppp Tommy” 😏 The poor man has the patience of a saint.
she got on every single one of my nerves with her “efforts to educate” herself on racism and started sharing businesses Owned by black people to buy from. it’s ok Erika, I’m aware of the fact there’s racism in the world. You’re living in NYC Erika. Take a look around.

im sure there’s plenty of people will defend her and say she’s one of the down to earth ones. She’s a snob. The mother is a raging snob and like her daughters, is fond of the mirror. And the sister, Christ on a bike, I’d say there’s some craic when the 2 of Them are together. NOT!

She flies home and only takes a connecting flight to Kerry when she gets it for free. God forbid she’d support the airline and buy a flight herself.

”Stopppppp Tommy” 😏 The poor man has the patience of a saint.
she got on every single one of my nerves with her “efforts to educate” herself on racism and started sharing businesses Owned by black people to buy from. it’s ok Erika, I’m aware of the fact there’s racism in the world. You’re living in NYC Erika. Take a look around.

im sure there’s plenty of people will defend her and say she’s one of the down to earth ones. She’s a snob. The mother is a raging snob and like her daughters, is fond of the mirror. And the sister, Christ on a bike, I’d say there’s some craic when the 2 of Them are together. NOT!

She flies home and only takes a connecting flight to Kerry when she gets it for free. God forbid she’d support the airline and buy a flight herself.
Now, to the lovely lady that mention the grant in Kerry. I’m all ears. Spill. Don’t be keep such information to yourself

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
god...her and kaelin are insufferable yet i still follow. would love to know what tommy and david do for work

Reactions: 2
god...her and kaelin are insufferable yet i still follow. would love to know what tommy and david do for work
I unfollowed Kaelin when she started posting stupid pictures with the hashtag #kreatewithkaelin. It seems like they never work and they are always “getting away from the city” for the weekend

Reactions: 13
Dull. As. Dishwater

Cringe for the sister Kaelin 😴 literally not having her own life what so ever but just tagging on accepting crumbs from her sisters life

Also Tommy.. man up

Reactions: 8
A boring pair of snobby rich kids. Everything has to be so "pretty" for the gram. I don't get why erika is so popular, her style is very office-y... Black trousers, white blouses!!! Kaelins content is identical to erikas. They were both swapping households during lock down the 4 of them yet erika was really preachy about adhering to covid restrictions. And its as if erika thinks she owns New York "oh new york ive missed you" oh new york you are so pretty, oh new york you are hard work but so worth it.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Kaelin I heard actually works a bar job? Dunno if true though.

Not to mention that mammy and daddy were in the papers a few years ago 5m in unpaid debts....

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Kaelin I heard actually works a bar job? Dunno if true though.

Not to mention that mammy and daddy were in the papers a few years ago 5m in unpaid debts....
I don't think so, how would she find the time to go out to restaurants every night ( in non Covid times) if she had a job where she actually had to work? Also her type of visa wouldn't allow her to switch employers I think. She works full time for Erika but I would say the parents actually pay her. They are both down as directors of their dads company so they would be able to pay them for their role as director.

They are definitely spoilt. I remember someone commented on her YouTube video when they moved into the new apartment saying something like wow how can you afford to live there at such a young age and her super passive aggressive reply was along the lines of "it's called hard work". Sure Jan!

And poor Tommy, again on YouTube she had a video about decorating and it was all "me", "I love this style", "I want it to be this way". Poor lad has no say. And then she had a story the other day of the clothes she went out and bought him!!

On another note it actually makes me sick that influencers can get visas to move to the US while people who do real jobs can't!

Edit: in answer to the question about what the lads do according to LinkedIn David is head of actuarial function at an insurance company (not sure if it's the right David though) and Tommy had on his Twitter that he was looking for work as a business analyst a few years ago. Both would be pretty high paying jobs and they would have to be highly skilled to get the H1B visa that they are on

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I find Erika very Type-A and high-strung. I’d say the craic is well below zero in that gaff. The food-organisation alone was enough for me, those jars...

Haha, also couldn’t stand #Kreatewith Kaelin. AKA- Kaelin asking her boyfriend to take pics of her in the bath or in the bed in her knickers and throwing it on insta in the name of “creativity” 🙄

Reactions: 10
I don't think so, how would she find the time to go out to restaurants every night ( in non Covid times) if she had a job where she actually had to work? Also her type of visa wouldn't allow her to switch employers I think. She works full time for Erika but I would say the parents actually pay her. They are both down as directors of their dads company so they would be able to pay them for their role as director.

On another note it actually makes me sick that influencers can get visas to move to the US while people who do real jobs can't!
Maybe you're right about kaelin, maybe she used to work in the bar I don't know for sure.

But what I do know is that a few years ago Love Lauren tried to get the same visa as erika and was essentially denied at the embassy cause yer man wasn't satisfied with her ability to support herself financially as a blogger. I was behind in the queue for my j1 and she was so loud! This was before she went Netherlands

Reactions: 6
Anybody know what actually happened between erika and niamh o sullivan, they used to be very close but now they don't even follow each other.

I feel for Tommy, he is a lovely lad I know him with years, his from a farming back round (his dad used to rent the farm beside my house). All his family are typical country people very genuine and very easy going. Can't imagine Erika having too much in common with them!

Reactions: 12
VLOGMAS, walk on the beach, free food hawking around the kingdom with mom and dad, pics of the obese family dog, COCKTAILS, trip to cork, trip to Kildare village, driving into Killarney to get WiFi to upload those videos of the walk on the beach, NAILS. Trip to Europe with mom and dad to somewhere popular( this has always been on my list..), Aer lingus check in, NY skyline, ICED coffee, gym, Italian place, mexican place, Central Park, more ICED coffee, weekend away to <insert US state>, Lebanese place, Coachella, video of my capsule wardrobe, new lamp, new candles, pasta in jars. REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
And not forgetting the new member of the fox family the new dog....its
Always I love this or I order a new piece for the apartment...seems Tommy never gets a look in...

Reactions: 2
VLOGMAS, walk on the beach, free food hawking around the kingdom with mom and dad, pics of the obese family dog, COCKTAILS, trip to cork, trip to Kildare village, driving into Killarney to get WiFi to upload those videos of the walk on the beach, NAILS. Trip to Europe with mom and dad to somewhere popular( this has always been on my list..), Aer lingus check in, NY skyline, ICED coffee, gym, Italian place, mexican place, Central Park, more ICED coffee, weekend away to <insert US state>, Lebanese place, Coachella, video of my capsule wardrobe, new lamp, new candles, pasta in jars. REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT.
Her trip to Kildare village is what really made me dislike her. She claims to be relateable but she was like oh look at these jeans that are reduced to only €200. Everything she "bought" came to way over a grand and it just makes people feel tit that they cant afford that stuff or makes them get into debt to keep up with these influencers. The photo of the car boot packed full of stuff made me sick. And the selling clothes she was gifted on depop etc!!

Reactions: 9
And not forgetting the new member of the fox family the new dog....its
Always I love this or I order a new piece for the apartment...seems Tommy never gets a look in...
tommy has to keep his clothes in the kitchen of their shoebox apartment

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.