Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
My son has RLS, he's not allowed caffiene 6 hours before bed, takes an iron supplement and has a leg massage before bed

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Sazb

Suffered with this really badly whilst pregnant. Magnesium moisturiser really helped me! There's a brand called 'better you' which was great. I got it on amazon but I think they sell it in Holland and Barretts too?

• Heart

sid&nancy123

Chatty Member
I always tend to get it roughly once a month for a couple of nights .. hate it! I know it sounds silly but it’s always normally around full moon 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart

Imjustlookin

As the previous poster mentioned, it is worth checking your iron levels. I had horrendous restless legs in pregnancy for months and as soon as consultant prescribed iron tablets as iron levels were low, the aches stopped. Hope they get better, it really is the pits x

• Heart
Reactions: 2

karenjet

VIP Member
A weighted blanket really helped mine. They are expensive, especially custom made. I got mine from amazon for £69 and it came with a cover. You also have the returns policy there if it doesn’t help you. I know it’s still expensive but when I first looked the ones I found were £200 odd. I’ll link it for you if you want.

Try a few folded up quilts or blankets on top of your legs. Rls is such a hateful feeling x

Last edited:
  • Heart

MadameFoner

Chatty Member
I suffer too, alcohol makes it worse for me. I take ropinirole, which works perfect for me. My husband calls me Elvis legs!!!!

• Heart

lexle

I had this during my teens and a lot during pregnancy too. Very rare I get it now but I remember how frustrating and uncomfortable it is! Sounds odd but when I used to have my bed against the wall, putting my leg against it as it was cold at night gave a little bit of relief

• Heart

Jambojambo

VIP Member
I suffered really bad with this when i pregnant, i used to find a fan blowing cold air on my legs helped loads. I still get it every now and then, it drives you bonkers it does

• Heart

shans

I just remembered that I also went to a chiropractor because I had pain in my lumbar, turns out I needed all sorts of adjusting. My RLS stopped for about a year after. Again, it could just be coincidence but when I get a back massage I can feel it shoot down the nerves in my legs. I found the chiropractor on groupon which made it really cheap and luckily he was very good. If iron doesn’t sort it and you’re in a position to see a chiropractor, I highly recommend it.

• Heart

puggles

I have had RLS alongside sleep talking in a serious manner since i was a child, even to the point now noone will sleep in the same bed as me! :ROFLMAO: I was diagnosed with bipolar/borderline a few years back and was on 400mg queltiapine and other PRN tablets that should knock a horse out in essence, but nope RLS is always there. It drives me potty because mine is constant moving, sqeezing muscles moving my hips, i have woke up with bruises,

The only thing i have found that has worked really to some extent is taking magnesium and sometimes zopiclone., i wouldn't recommend the tonic water (apart from being disgusting) got up to have a wee and was making my stomach too active to sleep anyway. Not sure the weighted blanket would be worth it, might make your legs ache more if they are still moving underneath the weight, hence why i have just a blanket.

• Heart

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
I feel you. Had this all my life. Magnesium definitely helps. It absorbs best through the skin so try a bath in Epsom salts.

No idea if it’s psychosomatic but my golden ticket is a bit of white tiger balm rubbed into my legs where the main twitches/aches are felt. Calms everything down and I get to sleep. No idea if it actually does anything or just a bit of mind trickery. I wouldn’t be without it now though.

• Heart

puggles

I feel you. Had this all my life. Magnesium definitely helps. It absorbs best through the skin so try a bath in Epsom salts.

No idea if it’s psychosomatic but my golden ticket is a bit of white tiger balm rubbed into my legs where the main twitches/aches are felt. Calms everything down and I get to sleep. No idea if it actually does anything or just a bit of mind trickery. I wouldn’t be without it now though.
I must look into the epsom salts, i worry about using the bathroom for too long though as one bathroom between doesn't spell relaxation in the bath haha. Sounds stupid, is the tiger balm you can get in hair shops/pound shops or a different one, i'm willing to try anything to not feel like Jackie Chan every night.

• Heart

Trixabellee9393

Yeah I suffer with this once or twice it’s kept me awake ALL night and actually made me pull muscles from me having to constantly move my legs and tap my feet I can’t keep still when it happens :( I generally have it at a low level all the time I’m always tapping my foot or it feels weird. But some nights it’s awful

• Heart

shans

I used to really struggle with rls so bad. I couldn’t stand to drink enough tonic water to see if it made a difference. I would elevate my legs and sometimes I would get up have a hot bath and massage my legs after. I had it really bad throughout both pregnancies but was quite low in iron and as soon as my iron levels went back up to a good level it stopped. It might have just been a coincidence but worth checking your blood levels to see if you are deficient in anything?

I hope you get it sorted because I know how horrendous it can be

• Heart

Dexterina12

I had it when I was pregnant and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!! Camomile tea eased it for me.

• Heart

DevaVictrix

Chatty Member
Suffering from Restless Body a lot of nights now, since having my first baby back in October. It is horrendous. Some nights I don’t get to sleep for hours, my body just feels that irritated 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 1

strawb

VIP Member
Just reading the title and running, but has anyone mentioned Magnesium Spray? My mum has neuropathy and I got her the magnesium spray and she thinks it’s helping, has actually slept for most of the night for the first time in ages x
that sounds amazing, which one does she get? i'm not in the uk so i do hope we have that here :(

• Heart

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
I used to get this a lot. I'd be sitting in the living room and my feet would start twitching and it would drive me mad. I'd have to fully cool my feet down by standing on the cold kitchen floor for ages before going to bed and once in bed, make sure my feet were uncovered. A couple of months ago I started taking a lot of supplements for PCOS, this includes magnesium glycinate, zinc, vit D, chromium and 5HTP and I haven't really had it since

moimoi

VIP Member
Have you had your vitamin D levels tested? I had really bad RLS. I got bloods done and was significantly deficient in VitD. Took a strong course of supplements and the restless legs disappeared.

• Heart