Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
Email from Kent police - no evidence that my mum was victim of that disgusting piece of shit Fuller. Such a relief, but so sorry for everyone else who might not get good news/has already had the bad news.

• Heart
Reactions: 82

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
I think many people are just appalled they all buggered off to dinner to wine and dine and left their very young children not looked after. Myself included - eat earlier with the kids or one adult looks after the sleeping kids.. or get a takeaway!
And, just to add to that, don't take your children on holiday if you plan to dump them in a kid's club all day so you can play tennis and then spend your evenings drinking with your friends. And continue to leave them alone even when the oldest one asks you why you didn't come to them when they were crying the night before.

And then have the absolute arrogance to never apologise for it either.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55

dancingqueen5678

Chatty Member
Don’t disagree we all need to take precautions when it comes to unfamiliar or unknown men and keeping safe. I was responding about not all men in relation to a comment further up the thread that said the reason is “men hate women” and a few posters discussing why men are so awful and someone used Hitler as an example. I was simply pointing out there are many women just as culpable for horrific actions and crimes as well.
With all due respect to you and your point cause I do understand what youre saying but I truly don't care. I don't care that not all men hate women. I don't care that there are lovely men in the world. I and fellow women (you included) have to live in fear and I've had a fucking enough of it. All you do by saying "not all men" is deflect from the actual issue which is that women are constantly victims to the nasty men and the lovely men need to start listening and acting. I am sick to death of people saying "not all men" every time something like this happens. It was this man! It is other men. It's is still fucking men! You don't get a pass for being a lovely man. You are SUPPOSED TO BE a lovely man! That is not a standard to reach to! You don't get a pat on the back and a cookie for not abusing women.

Yes there are a women who capable of horrific things but men don't live in fear of women like women do of men. Men don't panic if they encounter a woman late in the night for fear of being attacked. Men won't go forward fearing being stopped by a sole woman police officer. It is not the same thing. It is not the same thing. It is not the same thing. It is not the same thing!!!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 53

heatmagazine

Chatty Member
Im

I’m not disputing this and that there is a level of acceptance of mysogynistic behaviour as the “lad culture” and I also agree women are not to blame for the violent and aggressive behaviour of men towards them. I’m simply stating not all men “hate women” or want to do them harm.

Again I’m sure your facts are correct. And I’m more than aware that women are more likely to be killed by a man known to them. But let’s not pretend that I don’t know my father and how he is as a person. Or other men I know well and care for. I’m not going to label them as potentially women hating and violent when I have seen no such behaviour from them. I’d also like to add I’m a woman working in the CJS (and no not police).
I am a woman that works alongside male peadophiles and violent offenders. It really opens your eyes how vulnerable women and children really are. I am trained in different levels of restraint, even chemical and I still carry a dog lead when I go out on my own. What makes me good at my job is my insight of these men due to my personal history of substance abuse, child abuse and domestic violence as I have spoken about before on various threads. I hate when we speak ok violence on women there is always somebody that will quote the typical ‘not all men’. We have a system in society that protect men while females and children are being abused or at risk of being abused. Look at WC and the safety net he had from his peers.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49

sassmaster3000

Chatty Member
I know he is just doing his job, but the barrister defending him and saying that he deserves a second chance - how the fuck can you live with yourself?

His three reasons being:
1) he’s plead guilty - how the fuck could he not, he caught with all the evidence proving it was him
2) underlying depression - that is completely irrelevant. He planned this, hired a car, bought gear, fucking hunted her out by scouring the area, then tried to cover his tracks. How is depression related to that at all?? They’re not even playing the psychotic card, he was fully of sound mind.
3) he has no previous convictions for violence - HE WAS CAUGHT FLASHING HIS COCK IN A MCDONALDS AND HIS COLLEAGES COVERED FOR HIM

Needless to say, that pathetic statement from the guy in the MET absolutely boiled my piss. “Blah blah blah he wasn’t a police man, he was a murderer, he’s not one of us”.
Fuck off. You knowingly employed a man who was referred to as “the rapist” by his colleagues. The entire culture needs to change. It’s abhorrent.

Sorry to go on a rant there. I am so heartbroken and so angry. I am genuinely terrified that one of my close friends or family members will be next, because there seems to have been no changes to stop this terrifying occurrence from happening again.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Treesy19

VIP Member
I think many people are just appalled they all buggered off to dinner to wine and dine and left their very young children not looked after. Myself included - eat earlier with the kids or one adult looks after the sleeping kids.. or get a takeaway!

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Treesy19

VIP Member
I still don’t understand why one would feel it was ok to leave your toddlers alone in a room, in an unlocked room to be precise. Would they have done this in Leicestershire? Left them in their bedroom and gone down the street to the local boozer? I’m hoping not, but why on earth do parents think it is ok in magical Portugal?? I just can’t get my head around the abandonment. That’s what it is. And shame on all the other parents who did this, it’s bloody lazy. Fully aware they’ve paid the ultimate price and they would never do the same again given the chance. Wouldn't wish this pain on anyone. The only good thing to come out of it is probably a lot of other lazy parents have woken up and decided not to chance leaving their children in such a similar way!

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Kmacg

There has been a massive uplift in parental abuse and murder cases right? Or is it just being more publicised? Because I cannot get my head around how you can bring a child into the world only to submit them to horror. I have 2 kids and when they were smaller, I was a single parent and times got real hard, I would lose my temper but I would never in my wildest dreams think up ways to torture them.

Actually I left my cat for 12 hours the other day as I was at work and got stuck there and my heart broke thinking he would be sitting there alone crying for his tea. Yet people starve their kids intentionally, beat them, lock them away and seemingly lead normal lives?!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
I've just worked out that my mum was in one of those mortuaries while he was there... I dont want to know.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
I think they made the hugest, most enormous mistake - ie, leaving the children alone. I mean, wtf would you do that?? BUT I think they will pay for it for the rest of their lives. And had they been Sharon and Wayne from the council estate rather than doctors, things would have gone much worse for them.

Reactions: 39

GobShyte64

VIP Member
Im going to say it as I don't think anyone else has but 10 years of austerity hasnt helped. The tories have slashed budgets to the bone, you've got newly qualified social workers with more than enough cases to deal with. Older social workers have either burnt out, left, or working in different parts of social work as child protection - I can imagine being soul destroying. Lack of police officers and the ones that you do get are all very young, hardly any life experience and cant believe that you have to work nights and weekends. (True story, my lecturer at uni was an ex police and he told me). You can see why kids slip through the net.

In my opinion, you have Bojo on tv saying he's going to get to the bottom of it - why doesnt he put the money back in the social care fund. Like what it should be as if they never cut money from the start. Children will continue to slip through the net and will continue to be killed by their parents/family members if this doesnt change. What good is another report? Clearly nothing has been learnt from Baby P, Victoria Climbie, Daniel Pelka, and those are just the children that make the papers. More needs to be done, and action needs to be taken. Not a press conference, or a few words to a journalist and another 15000 word report. Actual action. Money. Better training. More police.

• Heart

hehehe

VIP Member
Couzens has been given a whole life sentence.
On the point of men hating women I have to disagree. I know many wonderful principled kind men. And using examples from history doesn’t really work as hitler had his partner Eva Braun who was more than complicit. Myra Hindley? Rose West? Beverley Allitt? There’s been many cruel and violent women throughout history. I would say that men are physically stronger and more able than women to impart serious violence against women through their mere genetics and physiology- so if a man so wishes to do a woman harm he can more ably
Men are responsible for almost 100% of violent crimes that occur every single day but good job naming 4 evil women to balance that out.

• Heart

GobShyte64

VIP Member
With all due respect to you and your point cause I do understand what youre saying but I truly don't care. I don't care that not all men hate women. I don't care that there are lovely men in the world. I and fellow women (you included) have to live in fear and I've had a fucking enough of it. All you do by saying "not all men" is deflect from the actual issue which is that women are constantly victims to the nasty men and the lovely men need to start listening and acting. I am sick to death of people saying "not all men" every time something like this happens. It was this man! It is other men. It's is still fucking men! You don't get a pass for being a lovely man. You are SUPPOSED TO BE a lovely man! That is not a standard to reach to! You don't get a pat on the back and a cookie for not abusing women.

Yes there are a women who capable of horrific things but men don't live in fear of women like women do of men. Men don't panic if they encounter a woman late in the night for fear of being attacked. Men won't go forward fearing being stopped by a sole woman police officer. It is not the same thing. It is not the same thing. It is not the same thing. It is not the same thing!!!!!!!
It reminds me of that Margaret Attwood quote.

Men are afraid that women will laugh at them, women are afraid that men will kill them.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Dexy

VIP Member
I know someone who is very closely involved in the Lucy Letby case. All I will say is the police have a lot of evidence against her, and it’s one of the reasons the police have taken so long with this case. They are making sure she gets charged for every single one of those babies and nothing is missed.

• Wow
  • Sad

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
Usually with these I can 'read between the lines' a bit because of my healthcare background, but I am entirely baffled here.

Some facts people not familiar with NICU might not know:

1. All medicines are double checked by two registered staff, so it would be extremely difficult to give a lethal dose unnoticed

2. Most babies are nursed in 'open ward' environments where there are normally 3+ staff milling around; people can see you all the time

3. Due to the nature of the work, any death is investigated and goes through multiple boards and panels to identify any issues with the care and take learning back to the department.

I just really struggle to picture a scenario where she could do this so many times before being caught. I really hope that she isn't the fall person for a crappy department. There is huge pressure on Maternity/Neonatal Services at the moment (look up Ockenden Report if you want to read more) but the CoC is rated 'good' for that area so it seems odd that they would be looking for someone to blame. But I've been on the receiving end of false allegations as a nurse (thankfully not that I killed anyone) and have experienced how easy it is for staff to close ranks against you and how subjective a lot of these situations can be.

• Sad
  • Wow

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
By all accounts he was much loved and admired across the House... sounds like one of those people who could bring people together, and described as a "gentle man". Wife and 5 children. So sad for them.
ETA I dont like some of his views, but that's not the point is it. Everyone should be able to do their job without getting stabbed to death for it.

• Sad
Reactions: 36

Blurp

VIP Member
I reckon that the McCanns are covering something up still, whether it is that they were involved or simply neglect. I wonder if they gave the children something to make them sleep after the incidents with Maddy crying and that's why she was able to be taken/accidental death. It was very strange how the twins slept through the whole hubbub, even being taken to another apartment, and how Kate was offhand in checking them according to witnesses and even left them alone in the unlocked apartment - from which their older sister had just purportedly gone missing - to quietly fetch Gerry without raising any hue and cry. Surely most people would start calling out and searching immediately in case she just wandered off - unless Kate knew that Maddie wasn't in a fit state to wander off?

Any other family would be being investigated by social services for neglect. There are also reports that Kate was struggling with the children, particularly with Maddie being a bright and active child.

Whether or not this pervert took Maddie, there are still many questions for the McCanns to answer.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

LittleMissMuffet

Chatty Member
Just gotta hope that mothers of boys raise their sons better. I think these day's people are more "woke"... Like, before black people used to get beat in the street for being black, same with gays - now hardly anyone cares if your black, gay, trans, asian, whatever. My son is in secondary school and they have kids that come "out" all the time and no one bats an eyelid. It's just "oh okay, what do you identify as now? What's your new name?" And that's it. They have PSHE in schools now too and they never had that when I was at school. They have people go in and do plays about being in abusive relationships and then discuss with the kids what they thought was bad and what to do if ever in that situation, etc. It starts at home and education.
Again that’s putting the onus on women. Fathers need to teach their sons. Lads need to call other lads out.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
I honestly don’t think that ALL men HATE women but I do think that in general, men place less value and importance on women’s lives. A lot of men don’t respect woman. I work in an extremely male dominated environment where I witness disrespect of woman on a regular basis. It’s not always overt enough to call someone out either, sometimes it’s extremely subtle - but it’s there.

I’m extremely aware of the level of crimes against women at the hands of men, still shocked by the the recent murders - and that’s only what’s being reported by mainstream media.

• Heart
Reactions: 35