Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dwightschrute

VIP Member
Anyone else just sick beyond words of women being treated like this day in day out?

We are at risk if we walk alone at night. We are at risk if get a taxi. We are at risk if we get public transport. We are at risk in the evenings. We are at risk in the mornings. We are at risk during the day.

Why why why can’t men just not be rapists and murderers!

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Nottsgirl

Chatty Member
I work on a news curation app and I’ve just finished a 9 hour shift. I have never, ever been so exhausted as I am today. I have lost count how many times I’ve burst into tears in the past 48 hours while sat at my desk.

It also doesn’t help that I can’t even go for a walk now to clear my head as it’s not safe to be out in the dark. I ordered a panic alarm for my keys on Amazon the other day after a neighbour of mine was chased by a man in a car while out jogging at 4 in the afternoon. This was even before the Sarah story was big news.

I am so, so tired. Being a woman is absolutely draining. And there’s no light at the end of the tunnel. I’m so sick of it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
I hate to be the one to say it, especially given the whole current Meghan Markle situation, but I know with absolute 100% certainty that a missing black or Asian woman would not have got this much national coverage (even before the arrests) Not a chance.
Wow wtf a young woman is most likely dead - why make this about race?? So sick of people using everything as an opportunity to race bait/point score 🙄 there’s enough hate and division as it is without constantly trying to do this.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
Oh gawd,I always wish that my attacker of me and my friend was found..now I’m going back years.I’m now 73 will be 74 this year,I can still see that man,brown suit with a beard..he asked us to go come look at the little birdies.we was only five..🙁 I can remember him going for my friend she was wearing (both were) those bubbly swim cosies,he ripped the bottom part of her cossy (crutch part) she cried,he then tried me,then heard me mum calling us..he ran away..God knows if me mum didn’t call what would have happened.😢 I forgot a lot about it but every now and then I think about it. I never asked them when I got older either.Oh Gawd wish I did.clear up some memories🙁😢

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 41

BigMavis

VIP Member
NO! This is the problem. People coming up with reasons to excuse his actions. Leave that to his defence. Sarah Everard is the victim, her killer is not.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Meh

Chatty Member
I really hope they find her soon. I can’t stop following her story. I think lots of us on Tattle will resonate with Sarah Everard: absolutely “average” woman, early 30s, missing doing a very mundane and everyday task- walking.

From street view her route does seem to be busier and well lit.

I do have to admit I’m 32 and when I was in my early 20s living in Glasgow I’d get buses home after back shifts and walk along dark places listening to my earphones with my hood up. My sister gave me a right bollocking one night and that was it. Then a few months later that poor, poor woman Moira Jones was raped and murdered in Queens Park. Which was 4 streets away from us 😢 That freaked me out and now I’m hyper vigilant.

So, ladies who still have to get buses home and walk at night: don’t listen to music!

Edit: just realised this may be taken as me victim blaming. Absolutely not the intention, I believe women should be free to go anywhere and do anything. However, we need to stay vigilant to our surroundings. ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38

Peakyblinders

VIP Member
I hate to be the one to say it, especially given the whole current Meghan Markle situation, but I know with absolute 100% certainty that a missing black or Asian woman would not have got this much national coverage (even before the arrests) Not a chance.
Now is not the right time for this.

• Angry

Peakyblinders

VIP Member
Also they described the case as 'complicated'. That was a red flag for me. Not to mention, she was breaking lockdown. As I said, as someone that knows that area very well, I would not walk that route at night - it was late and cold and there are many buses that do the route. I don't know a single female Londoner that would choose to walk through a common when it's dark when there is a main road you can walkk down. Secondly, I would never let a friend do it. I would have insisted on an uber. Not much has been said about the friend who she was visiting who was presumably the last person to see her. It just doesn't sound right to me. But speaking to the person I know working on the case, they pretty much confirmed that last weekend they were inclined to think it was a random attack.
Oh for gods sake a woman is missing and probably dead, WHO CARES that she was breaking lockdown?!!!! Plus, she may be a single household in which case she is allowed a bubble but who cares anyway, even if she met up with 1000 people that night I think the fact she is missing and probably dead is worse than breaking frigging lockdown. Jesus.

• Heart

Mascaragirl

VIP Member
Does anyone else not feel safe in an Uber or taxi though? I hate getting them alone, sometimes I would rather walk or have walked because I feel more in control than being alone in a car.

Reactions: 36

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
It is possible he was known to Sarah. Friend/neighbour/ex partner etc. Could have been someone she’s had a tiff with or something.

I don’t mean to be “that” person but she wasn’t breaking lockdown by walking along a street. I have seen so many horrible comments in social media almost saying “tough, she shouldn’t have been out” or “why are the police not addressing the lockdown breach” and it gets me SO mad. The police don’t give two hoots she was at a friends; that’s not the big issue here! I’m not saying you were alluding/saying this at all btw. Think everyone on tattle have been quite sensible in this regard!
I know I’m getting so mad at these comments - also she wasn’t even breaking lockdown if she lived alone! Plus what are they saying that it’s fine if you get murdered if you were breaking lockdown... what sort of fucked up victim blaming behaviour is that?!

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Its_Me

VIP Member
I didn’t know that about pepper spray law
Ladies, I posted this on another thread. Here in Canada abduction and trafficking attempts are up due to the US and Canada border being closed. They cannot sneak women over the border so are trying locally.
I carry mace on me and personal safety alarm. The mace is actually a dog attack spray for coyotes but is on a keychain. I do have a dog but keep the spray on me all the time in my purse. I am not sure if something like that is available in the UK? Even wasp spray will work. Here you are not meant to carry "weapons" but I don't care...with the rise of abduction attempts, it is worth it to me.
If you are ever grabbed, scream and kick up as much of a fuss as you can... Bite them etc. Out crazy the crazy. Do it before they can even get you in a vehicle.
I’ve been attacked before I won’t go into details but I managed to fight him and I screamed so much he got scared and ran off. I went all out crazy my clothes were all torn I barely had any dress left.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

justheretonamedrop

Chatty Member
MIL should keep her mouth shut. Beyond disrespectful. Some of the most horrendous beasts are family men, do charity work, work with the vulnerable. You know why? Easy fucking access to victims, just like an officer.

milkyway

Sarah, I wished so much for a different outcome, what a horrendous way to go.
In 69 days an estimated 30 women have been killed by men in the U.K. alone. And now sadly Sarah adds to that grim statistic.
Heartbreaking news tonight.

This twitter account is a grim read when you see the names/stories listed together, but there are so many women’s lives taken, so many stories that we don’t see unless they make national news. https://twitter.com/countdeadwomen?s=21

Every year in the House of Commons, MP Jess Phillips reads out the names of every woman murdered by a man in the UK since the last International Women’s Day, she is doing this again tomorrow. I was so hoping that Sarah’s name would not have to be added to the list and read out💔

• Sad
  • Angry

emm

VIP Member
Here are a fewView attachment 477685View attachment 477686View attachment 477687View attachment 477688

You can tell Luke owns a ‘this is what a feminist looks like’ t-shirtView attachment 477689View attachment 477690View attachment 477691

Steve Brookstein asking what men can do to stop rape culture...🤦‍♀️
And some guy being upset that curfews were suggested for men...when that is what was suggested for women a few days ago. My hearts bleeds.View attachment 477692View attachment 477693
I wonder how 99.99% of men never assault a woman when 97% of women in the UK have been sexually assualted, those 0.01% must be really busy!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Honestly what has happened to human decency. Sorry for the two posts here but I’m actually in tears about what’s happened to Sarah, the cruelty of it. She just have been terrified. I bet we have all had that sick feeling and adrenaline rush if a man gets too close or there is someone walking behind you and the relief you feel when they turn down another road or don’t touch or interact with you. We’ve all been scared and felt helpless. Her family are living a nightmare they will never be able to wake up from - their lives have essentially been ruined. You don’t fully recover from something like this .
The fact that the press publish this detail to the entire world within minutes or finding out and not even waiting to see if it’s true and people on Twitter filming forensic vans and police dredging ponds and stuff - I just find is so tasteless and horrifying. I am a similar age, live in the same area and know friends / acquaintances of Sarah (but don’t know her myself) and this is gutting me.

• Sad

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Yes I feel the same now and it’s making me feel sick. There are women who go missing who we don’t hear about in the media. Where are they?

• Heart
  • Angry

slothella22

I was a domestic abuse victim around 15 years ago in my early 20's for around 3 years. After we spilt up my ex stalked/harassed me and got his friends to do the same. He even got a job working in the same place as me. I worked in an office which had a huge open plan room. His desk was on one side of the room and mine on the other. I was absolutely petrified to come to work every day. As the role was quite new I was too scared to go to my manager as he was guy who was in his 60's near retirement and didn't really like women. I needed the money from my job to pay my bills. I did end up going to the police but they dismissed my pleas for help as they said my ex was just bitter that i'd dumped him and would eventually move on. After about four months I quit my job as I couldn't handle being near him anymore. The only one positive is he left me alone after that but that was nothing compared with the mental scars I will always suffer.

When I worked in the police I worked with domestic abuse victims and it makes me so sad that so many women have to go through such horrid behaviour and don't come forward to the police until an actual incident has taken place. But I can totally understand why so many are hesitant when they feel they won't be believed. I no longer work in the police but I am passionate about ensuring victims (male or female) are believed and I will champion them as long as I live.

• Sad
  • Heart

Notredamn

VIP Member
I honestly cannot stop thinking about her 💔
My partner and I were having a “discussion” this morning and he was saying it’s now like all men are being targeted for it and he couldn’t grasp my point of view that no it’s not all men but as women, most of us ARE afraid of all men we see in the street in the dark. We know not every man will do something like this but it doesn’t stop us walking the streets absolutely petrified
God it must be so horrible for your partner to feel like the victimised one - not! May he get a bloody grip.

• Haha
  • Heart

Jane Fonda

I heard that the best place to leave your car keys is in the hall by the door. If they are going to the bother of breaking in to your house they will search for the keys all over. It's best as a safety measure to let them take the car and leave rather than the possibility of being attacked.

Reactions: 27