Real Life Crime and Murder #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sincerly hope she rots in hell. There is no way at 15 she didnt know what she was doing. It was a calculated murder and how she disposed of his body is sickening

Reactions: 22
Seen Nicholas Rossi case on the news again and searched to see if he had a thread but couldn’t find one (though I saw he’d been mentioned on earlier threads here). Is it worth us starting a thread for him. He fascinates me

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Seen Nicholas Rossi case on the news again and searched to see if he had a thread but couldn’t find one (though I saw he’d been mentioned on earlier threads here). Is it worth us starting a thread for him. He fascinates me
I was totally baffled with this too, intrigued about what his wife truly thought when the DNA revealed it was him.

Reactions: 2
I know. He’s clearly a conman. When you see the clips of interviews, he’s so hammy and histrionic.

God knows how his wife can believe any of his crap, in the face of all evidence to the contrary. Baffled.

Reactions: 4
More sexual assaults in the sea at Bournemouth;

The article mentions that police are investigating a similar incident the other day involving a teenage boy being assaulted.

What is going on? Has this always happened in the sea or is it some new MO men have come up with in the last few years? The first one I heard of was the one in Bournemouth last year (I think a trial starts soon possibly). I've just seen that a Met police officer (🙄) is on trial currently for an attack in Brighton, too.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Minimum of 12 years for the teen who killed her baby

I read an article by the guardian that gave some insights to her life and it was rather sad. Her father was abusive, she started having sex at 13 because she had no self confidence and wanted boys to like her and didn’t use a condom when she fell pregnant because the baby’s father didn’t want to and she wanted to keep him happy so he’d like her. I’m not saying this because I think she shouldn’t have gone to prison, I think what she did to the baby was very cruel and the poor boy must have suffered so much. I just think that her life was quite bleak and miserable and it’s sad that it had such fatal consequences.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Do you have a link? All I can see is the live reporting of the sentencing.

EDIT: I found them on ITV @rather not stop

I found the judge’s comments inappropriate when referring to her breasts - especially as the judge is an older man referring to a young woman and a teenager’s body at the time of the offence. I don’t think it was necessary to mention this as a consequence of pregnancy, he could have stuck with her gaining weight and back pain which he also referenced.
I also disagree with ‘Although you sought to suggest otherwise, it is a physiological certainty that your periods must have come to an end as a result’ - whilst it’s true she didn’t have any periods she could have very likely had bleeding (as some women do) which she thought was a period. Especially as she’s described as having lower maturity and taking into account her age at the time of pregnancy.

Reactions: 32

Not sure if this has been posted. she’s from my town, I recognise her from passing in the street (I used to live just over the Main road from hers) and has been to my friends house when i lived there before and friends of mine know her very well and were very close. Everyone is shocked and said from the first missing appeal that something bad must have happened as she wouldn’t have just disappeared on her kids.

Really sad stuff.

• Sad
Reactions: 17

Not sure if this has been posted. she’s from my town, I recognise her from passing in the street (I used to live just over the Main road from hers) and has been to my friends house when i lived there before and friends of mine know her very well and were very close. Everyone is shocked and said from the first missing appeal that something bad must have happened as she wouldn’t have just disappeared on her kids.

Really sad stuff.
I posted yesterday. Very sad. And someone you pass too, that's a strange and sad feeling to have, hope ur ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Parole was on BBC 2 last night
What? The missing episode?!!

EDIT - just seen that it IS epsiode 5. Going to download it now! Thanks for the heads up.

As a side note, the Parole Board have very recently just done a recruitment drive for 30 independent parole board members - it closed last week. I sent an e-mail about being a member after watching the show, as they directed, but heard nothing - it was actually my OH who spotted it after leaving his browser open weeks ago when watching the show 😆

I looked into applying very seriously but, despite the impression given during the show, I don't think they're looking for "lay people". One of the questions was 250 words on something you'd done to protect public safety?! I thought about a fraud case I'd dealt with in my previous career but I don't really think that's what they were after. I mean, how many regular Joe's could answer that? I didn't apply in the end because, amongst other things, my physical limitations wouldn't allow me to visit prisons, which the application said would be necessary sometimes.

It's 110 days a year for five years. Would have been perfect for me!
---
I'm medically retired but thought I could commit to doing video links from home, which the vast majority of hearing are done by now. The money would have been handy as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I found the judge’s comments inappropriate when referring to her breasts - especially as the judge is an older man referring to a young woman and a teenager’s body at the time of the offence. I don’t think it was necessary to mention this as a consequence of pregnancy, he could have stuck with her gaining weight and back pain which he also referenced.
I also disagree with ‘Although you sought to suggest otherwise, it is a physiological certainty that your periods must have come to an end as a result’ - whilst it’s true she didn’t have any periods she could have very likely had bleeding (as some women do) which she thought was a period. Especially as she’s described as having lower maturity and taking into account her age at the time of pregnancy.
I’ve just read the judge’s sentencing remarks. He talks with such authority about female bodies, as if anomalies in presentation and symptoms don’t occur, as if all women have the same identical experiences in pregnancy.

Disclaimer: I’m not claiming Paris didn’t know she was pregnant. I think she did know.

I also don’t like how she is referred to as ‘pathetic’ either.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I’ve just read the judge’s sentencing remarks. He talks with such authority about female bodies, as if anomalies in presentation and symptoms don’t occur, as if all women have the same identical experiences in pregnancy.

Disclaimer: I’m not claiming Paris didn’t know she was pregnant. I think she did know.

I also don’t like how she is referred to as ‘pathetic’ either.
Yes, you put it better than me - such authority of female bodies.
I think she knew towards the end but maybe at the start, before the abortion cut off, she could have genuinely believed that the spotting she experienced was a period or maybe she didn’t experience any bleeding but tried to but it to the back of her mind. I mean she was only 14 when she got pregnant and 15 when she gave birth, she was still a child. Some much older women don’t know fully how their bodies work.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
She was only 14, I honestly don't think teenagers of that age know or care much about the signs and stages of pregnancy.
I'm sure she suspected she was pregnant but was stuck in a kind of decision paralysis where it was too much to face up to - she was having unprotected sex with boys to make them like her, not to end up with a baby. Meanwhile her dad was terminally ill and her mum was described as 'not much support at the best of times'. I can see why she kept it to herself.

But if it was so obvious that she was pregnant, why did no one around her do anything about it? Her mum, her older sisters (who had children of their own), any other adult in a position of responsibility like her teachers? This was pre Covid, people were seeing her every day and no one challenged her when she denied being pregnant - why?

What she did to her baby was horrific and there's no getting away from that but she was a vulnerable 15 year old who had just given birth alone. 12 years feels excessive when compared to Verphy Kudi (who left her baby alone for 6 days to starve to death while she went out partying to celebrate her 18th birthday) who got 9 years; or Carla Foster (the woman who took abortion pills at 38 weeks) for that matter.

• Sad
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.