Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

toooldfortt

I wonder why her substack hasn’t taken off - it’s almost as if no one’s interested in reading about the trials and tribulations of a thin, white woman who doesn’t work because she’s married to a rich man 🙄

Reactions: 9

englishgit

Yeah like why wear all your luxe outfits only to get changed to go to pilates/eat a vegan bowl/pick up your filthy kids from daycare/school - like why waste your time, doll?? I guess "good content" is the answer.
However, I think they did move just to be with family. Not much else to it. I mean it'll be a big reality check because you need to be super wealthy to have a RR style "good" life in London. Cost of living is through the roof.
She definitely seems a bit down. Feel bad even writing this.
Isn’t she super close with her mum though? I don’t see why she would want to abandon her mother in favour of Jimmy’s family? Especially when her father has passed away. Most people who immigrate from the UK do not go back. For good reason. It’s not a great place to live and not ideal for kids when compared to Australia. I agree you need money to live well there but who says she is going to be “living well” and by whose standard? The kids will go to the local school, so no need to keep up with the fancy private schools in Sydney, she has an abundance of cool aesthetic backgrounds in London now at her disposal, which she was majorly lacking in the shire, and she can keep up the appearance of living the life by posing in front of rich things and then going back to her middle income home at the end of the day, and most people won’t be the wiser because everyone thinks London is fancy, when in reality, if you are super wealthy it is, otherwise it’s a massive hole

• Haha
Reactions: 8

atome74

schlep about sloane square being as skinny as possible, holding up your oversized clothes so you don't end up with holes in something that cost $900, waiting to bump into camille charriere and compare notes on how to make your miu miu underwear visible

• Haha
Reactions: 6

englishgit

As requested
Doing the lord’s work

I’ll kick off, RR has always been a funny one for me. Her designer everything just did not seem to match the real life she was leading. I suspect this is a big reason to move to the UK. No amount of borrowed designer goods could get her out of the shire rut, so they’ve mixed it up and to your average Aussie she is living the glam life in the UK. No need to keep pretending to keep up with the jones from Sydney anymore!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

skinnypiccolo

I unfollowed her a couple months ago and hadn’t missed her. Saw the notification for this thread and got excited. What a letdown. Absolutely not missing anything
Sorry to get you excited! It’s been a lot of nothing on her page. Many luxury brands, swanning around being a stay at home mum to two kids who go to school and child care. Writing lots of words. Has anyone gone to her blog?

unhinched

At the risk of sounding like an old lady, London in November is about 10 degrees - why does she always have her belly out? For someone who has money, she dresses like she’s 15 years younger than she is and it doesn’t look chic, it looks cheap.
Agreed. The way she dresses is ridiculous, I think she looks like a try hard.. a really shallow one. I also wondered about the cold.. I’m in the UK, although it’s probably colder where I am, but there’s no way that’s autumn attire. Honestly I’m annoyed I started following her again 😂 I only started after reading a few comments on here just before they moved.. I was nosy and wanted to check that out. Also the workout shots panning up her body on the bike. Ok babes.

GeorgieBox

VIP Member
She reminds me of when Carrie moves to Paris in season 6, walking around the city bored as bat shit. What does she do all day?

atome74

the constant peloton sessions and 90 minute pilates classes and plates of uneaten food are just screaming ED to me, it's getting depressing

Isn’t she super close with her mum though? I don’t see why she would want to abandon her mother in favour of Jimmy’s family? Especially when her father has passed away. Most people who immigrate from the UK do not go back. For good reason. It’s not a great place to live and not ideal for kids when compared to Australia. I agree you need money to live well there but who says she is going to be “living well” and by whose standard? The kids will go to the local school, so no need to keep up with the fancy private schools in Sydney, she has an abundance of cool aesthetic backgrounds in London now at her disposal, which she was majorly lacking in the shire, and she can keep up the appearance of living the life by posing in front of rich things and then going back to her middle income home at the end of the day, and most people won’t be the wiser because everyone thinks London is fancy, when in reality, if you are super wealthy it is, otherwise it’s a massive hole
Agree that living well is subjective, but in London an equivalent life to say Paddington in Sydney, you'd approx 2 million pounds (four million dollars) for a 2-3 bedroom flat, and about 6 pounds for a punnet of raspberries 😂 makes Sydney seem like good value but, as you say, she will be in some "normal" neighborhood and just keep up the luxury facade.
I will say that i LOVE her natural hair and no spray tan. She looks great.
I read that her Mum is going to go between San Fran, where her brother lives, and London, which is a pretty pleasant retirement existence, if you ask me.

toooldfortt

How do you know it hasn’t taken off? Can you see how many followers she has or something? Sorry genuine question as I have no idea about substack. I still can’t get over her getting a facial costing about AU$750 😅😅😅😅 honestly I don’t care how rich you are that’s ridiculous in the extreme!
Her bio says “weekly thoughts and ramblings here” with a link to it but she hasn’t posted since 9 June and there’s only 15 posts, 9 of which were posted on 13 April. The most likes a post has is 60 back on 19 April which I assume is when it launched.

She kept up the weekly posts for approx 7 weeks before she ran out of content, presumably because she realised how unrelatable her life is to us mere mortals who wouldn’t drop $750 on a facial 😂

toooldfortt

At the risk of sounding like an old lady, London in November is about 10 degrees - why does she always have her belly out? For someone who has money, she dresses like she’s 15 years younger than she is and it doesn’t look chic, it looks cheap.

Reactions: 4