Quarantine after holidays ☀️

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey!
So, this is just a rant 😂
Is anyone else quarantining after getting back from Spain? I am, I knew it was a risk going away and I’m following the rules ... but, I’m getting super pissed off seeing these Z-listers coming back and flaunting the rules!!! 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 4
We were so lucky and got back from Ibiza on Saturday.
Have you noticed that none of the z listers ever ware a facemask.

Yes!!! Johnny from love island just took about 10 flights without a facemask in sight! Everywhere I went in Spain everyone wore masks ... but on insta it seems like no one is wearing them!!

Reactions: 1
In supposed to be moving to Bangkok on Tues and will have to do 16 days quarantine. Alone, locked in a hotel room, not allowed out with a Covid test every three days. Honestly, if I'd known this I would not have accepted the job

• Sad
  • Wow
I'm not going on holiday this year but it's really making me angry watching people on TV say that they will be safer in Spain or that they don't care about quarantining when they get back as they've done it anyway for 3 months. With that attitude I hope they do not come home and expect full pay from their employer for quarantining if they've gone on a sneaky holiday during furlough or took holiday and are expected back in the office.

One of my colleagues went to America about a week ago and he only has 12 days holiday booked and he's out there for 10 days. I will not be happy if I hear that he's back at work and hasnt quarantined. We have 2 offices in London and he's in the other office so I won't be in direct contact but it still isn't on.

Reactions: 3
I'm not going on holiday this year but it's really making me angry watching people on TV say that they will be safer in Spain or that they don't care about quarantining when they get back as they've done it anyway for 3 months. With that attitude I hope they do not come home and expect full pay from their employer for quarantining if they've gone on a sneaky holiday during furlough or took holiday and are expected back in the office.
I've actually just got back from Spain. I flew out before the rules were changed so at the time it was 'ok' to go. I didn't return until yesterday so I'm doing the self isolation. Thankfully my employer has allowed me to take extra leave/work from home however I know of some people who have arrived back and their employers have told them they have to go to work.

To be fair I did actually feel safer in Spain. Everyone was wearing a mask, temperatures were checked before entering any attractions or stores and social distancing was actually adhered to. I remember when I flew home and landed back here in the UK there were large groups of people in the airport without masks etc.

Reactions: 2
I'm hoping to go to France soon, I'm so annoyed that they've slapped this pointless quarantining rule back on for when you return.

How come you think it’s pointless especially regarding France since the daily cases are so high
I’m going to be driving to France and staying in my car other than toilet breaks for the entire trip. I will be staying in my house when I arrive there so my interaction with others will be minimal if at all. They have the same mask rules as us in place for supermarkets etc. so I’d say my risk of picking it up is the same as if I were here...

As far as the higher number of cases is concerned, my understanding is that this comes down to the fact that more people are being tested... The government here seem to be doing an incredible job of spinning the numbers whichever way they fancy at the moment!

Reactions: 5
I’m going to be driving to France and staying in my car other than toilet breaks for the entire trip. I will be staying in my house when I arrive there so my interaction with others will be minimal if at all. They have the same mask rules as us in place for supermarkets etc. so I’d say my risk of picking it up is the same as if I were here...

As far as the higher number of cases is concerned, my understanding is that this comes down to the fact that more people are being tested... The government here seem to be doing an incredible job of spinning the numbers whichever way they fancy at the moment!
The rate of positive cases is increasing which means the increase isn’t just down to more testing. There is a higher rate of cases in the community in France vs the UK so your risk of getting it is higher there vs at home.

Reactions: 1
I’m currently in Croatia and the resort in which I’m staying doesn’t have and has never had one case of Coronavirus throughout the whole pandemic but still we are expected to quarantine on our return when realistically I am more likely to catch it in my local Aldi than here.

The rate of positive cases is increasing which means the increase isn’t just down to more testing. There is a higher rate of cases in the community in France vs the UK so your risk of getting it is higher there vs at home.
Ok well to put it a different way then, I live in Birmingham where the rates are exceptionally high. Rural France, exceptionally low/non-existent. As someone said above, more chance of catching it in my local Aldi!

Well I made it to Bangkok and am on day something of quarantine. They take it very seriously here and apparently have no local transmission. I miss my freedom! I've been in the same small room for 10 days now. Meals aren't great, the same rice or noodles every meal and no alcohol or even a window to open! It's pretty tough but will pass

• Sad
Reactions: 3