Purple shampoo?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've very recently gone blonde (midlife crisis, who?) And have been reading up on toners/purple shampoos. They seem to differ hugely in price! Can anyone recommend a particular brand over others? Thanks!

Schwarzkopf goodbye yellow (but only use a small amount! And only use once a week maximum, preferably once a fortnight)

Reactions: 1
Fanola - this is what my hairdresser uses and it is fab.

Leaving it on for 2 minutes has the power if a toner! So definitely build up to using it. Don't go straight in for 10 minutes.

Reactions: 4
My hairdresser recommended osmo but I've yet to try it.
I'm using olaplex purple shampoo just now. It's OK but not worth the price, I don't think I'll buy it again.

Osmo is amazing but only need a very small amount and wear gloves as it stains hands!

B4B31913-F358-4303-AA4F-F3475A711923.jpeg

Fudge clean blonde is great but don’t leave on for too long as it can tint the colour bluey if you do!

Reactions: 2
i actually really rate the Aussie range. It takes out any brassiness without leaving the blue/purple hue like a lot of others.

provoke touch of silver is a good budget one but it can turn your hair purple and it definitely builds up over time.

on the other end Redken is super expensive and absolute crap! Lol

Fanola no yellow shampoo
Only once a week max though or it will make the blonde look dull and can have the affect of making it seem darker because it contains violet pigment which is ash
(I'm a hairdresser)

Reactions: 5
I second the Fudge clean blonde, I’ve tried plenty of purple shampoos and this has been the best by far

Reactions: 3
I use Shine Ash drops once a week then alternate washes with Charles Worthington Colourplex Ultra Violet Shampoo and Conditioner and Matrix Unbreak My Blonde

I use Bleach London Silver Shampoo once a week. Just don’t leave it on too long. I had a particularly dry patch of hair go purple for a while..

I really like the ProVoke touch of silver. It's in most supermarkets and it's one I always go back to - I've tried a LOT

Reactions: 2
I've been using John Frieda Violet Crush Intensive for the past of couple of years (after trying loads of different ones), definitely my fave and smells incredible. It's often on offer in Superdrug/Supermarkets as well.

Amazon product

Amazon product

I really like the ProVoke touch of silver. It's in most supermarkets and it's one I always go back to - I've tried a LOT
I’ve used a few and I keep coming back to that one, it’s cheap and readily available too.

i love love the daddy-o purple shampoo from lush, it’s not too abrasive for every day use and also makes your hair smell a bit like parma violets (if you’re into that 🤣)

seconding the earlier vote for the aussie range too: they do a great leave-in conditioner that i try to use every few weeks.

I love the bleach London purple shampoo & conditioner! And I use the bleach London reincarnation mask once a week and my hair always feels amazing