Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I suffer awfully and i’ve found other than prescription creams, vaseline aloe vera works wonders! It’s so soothing and doesn’t irritate my skin at all. Always feel so much better after using it!!

Reactions: 2

Sozhun

VIP Member
Yes! I’ve had both. I was on them for nearly 7 month with no effect. I’m now on ciclosporin and noticed a difference within days!
I've been on methotrexate for 2 years. It's made some difference but I think Sulfasalazine helped me the most (although I have psoriatic arthritis)

AngryBird

I've had it since age 9. Stress and change of temperature ( hot and cold) seem to be my triggers. Elbows and huge patches on lower legs are my thing, they have had many periods of becoming weepy and unbearable with itching. I'm currently totally free of it for the first time in years. It's so strange to have clear elbows! No patches on my legs. Even my scalp is good. All I am doing is I take a monthly Doctor subscribed vitamin D capsule and I quit my miserable stressful job. I am careful not to shower daily or over-wet my skin and I have noticed that moisturising has never ever helped. I have just read those articles about dry treatment with great interest. Steroids have worked in the past but only very briefly. It's an absolute shit of a disease!

I was diagnosed with guttate psoriasis when I was 27 which I got after a bad case of tonsillitis. It cleared up really quickly on my legs using a steroid cream (Dovobet) but I was also having regular sunbeds.

It returned with a vengeance a few years ago on my scalp (so hard to treat), my elbows, my ears (behind, around, inside -so itchy!) and patches on my legs, arms, face, hands. Some have come and gone but the elbows have remained and nothing I’ve done has shifted that.

I think psoriasis is really sneaky because you can try something that really works only for your body to catch up and it to start failing again. For me sunshine and Dovobet have worked to clear completely although I’m very sparing nowadays with the use of steroid creams. To just manage I find a very rich moisturiser keeps the flaking at bay. The Body Shop Hemp body moisturiser is good. I tried another one with Dead Sea minerals and that was great but too expensive to use regularly!

I had eczema as a child really, really badly but have managed to grow out of that in the most part. I think dairy is supposed to be bad for eczema.

Re: drinking water - I drink at least 3 litres a day every day and I’ve found it makes no difference to flare ups. Stress, tiredness and alcohol are my triggers.

I’ll give the bepanthen and the Child’s Farm stuff a go and happily report back. It’s always good to share success stories.
I’m on day 2 of bepanthen, i think I’ve noticed a difference. But we shall see. Good luck!

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Hi, new to this, sorry if its been posted, I've had it since a baby, my arms, legs, scalp, nose etc haven't had flare ups recently but as a kid it was crazy bad to the point people would constantly ask if I had fallen an hurt myself, one day a elderly woman approched my mum an told her what would help, it was like one of those old wife tale things, we tried it an mines cleared up super well, didn't 100% go but at least for me it made a super huge difference, it was putting oats in a cloth an tying it round the tap like a little bag an letting the hot water flow through it that did it for me
Did you bathe in the water? I think lush do something similar! It’s a little bag with oats, lavender and sandalwood in

I’ve been using Sanex moisturising shower gel and so far I really like it! I use a hypoallergenic one too with oil in and I think they’re great

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Child’s farm didn’t work for me either! I was so sad about it, since I’ve heard it working so well for others 😭

fmmac

My psoriasis flare is so bad right now and it's so painful 😔 I'm stuck in limbo as I was referred to derm by my GP, I had an e consult with derm where I posted pics and they prescribed more steroids (which simply don't work) and said they wanted to see me in the clinic. This was back in April and I've heard nothing. I'm so sick and tired of chasing. I feel like it's not taking seriously, despite significant amounts of my body being covered including most of my face 😥

I've considered going private but I just can't afford it as I've already had to go private for a separate issue. Sorry just needed to vent 😔

• Heart

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Did you bathe in the water? I think lush do something similar! It’s a little bag with oats, lavender and sandalwood in

I’ve been using Sanex moisturising shower gel and so far I really like it! I use a hypoallergenic one too with oil in and I think they’re great
Yes I did bathe in the water, I'd leave the clothe tied on the tap till the bath was filled then just get rid of the oats in a bin an I'd wash the clothe before reusing it again, I had no idea lush did these, mines hasn't gotten as bad since it was back then so I don't really use anything now to control it but I do make sure that the wash stuff I use is more natural just incase

• Heart

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Have you guys heard of “no moisture therapy”, it’s basically when you ditch all steroid and moisturisers, so that your body will start producing its own moisture. I’ve read a lot about it on Reddit and online (I’ll attach some articles), but honestly I’m too scared to try it...

Reactions: 1

Curly Top

VIP Member
Oh my gosh. This is what I have on my foot and it's been bad for around 6 years now. I suffer with psoriasis so the GP always says its that... quick google and this is exactly what it is.
I'm glad you've found out what it is exactly. My GP became quite excited when he saw my foot. He even brought out his text book to show me pictures. Apparently it's hard to get an accurate diagnosis. Hopefully, the cream I mentioned will sort you out too.

Tots

VIP Member
So my doctor diagnosed me with psoriasis a few years back. I've tried every treatment that you could think of. Smelly shampoos, ointment, steroid liquid. Nothing helps. Does anyone have a shampoo they can recommend? I've already tried: T Gel, Nizoral, Head & Shoulders, Body Shop Ginger Shampoo, Psoriaid (Amazon). I'm at my wits end. I'm constantly scratching and the flakes are so embarrassing that I can't wear dark clothing. Does anyone know what their triggers are? Thanks in advance.
I’d recommend the Dead Sea shampoo in. White and blue bottle....I’ll try and find it online and post the link x

• Heart

Blairr

Chatty Member
Hey guys hope you are all well, just to back some of the posters above, I was prescribed enstilar spray. It’s really good. Took maybe a week to make a real difference but iit really worked.
I’ve tried this but mine is mostly facial and scalp psoriasis and I ended up with a raging ear infection from trying to wash the enstilar out my hair 😩 it’s meant to be amazing for the rest of the body though.

I’m 3 months into methotrexate and no change so far :-(

LadyTonya

Mine just flares with stress so im fortunate its not all the time but when i do get a bout then i also use ginger shampoo from body shop and aveeno oatmeal bodywash and aveeno dermexa cream after shower. The cream doesn’t smell to nice but it doesn’t last as a scent on the skin and it works brilliant for me.

Curly Top

VIP Member
I don't know about a shampoo but recently I have been using from Amazon a hair scrubber shampoo brush. It's about £6. I use it to stimulate my hair follicles to thicken hair but it's just nice to use as a massager and to make sure the conditioner goes into all the hair. I notice on the ad blurb that it can be helpful for scalp psoriasis. I guess it just removes all the dead skin.
Maybe worth having a look.

I have it. And awaiting a diagnosis is psoriatic arthritis. I’m sick to death of it. I’m due to start a strong medication which should hopefully get rid.

also I’ve noticed a few of you mentioning it under breasts. Try Trimovate! It’s amazing for that area.
I have psoriatic arthritis. Started when I was 22 and took 2 years to be diagnosed. Do you know what meds?

I’m so sorry about that ❤ My biggest trigger is definitely stress. Have you tried meditation? I’m not sure about it...I feel a bit uncomfortable just sitting there in silence but at this point I’ll do anything to reduce my stress. I don’t think mines been bad enough for hospitalisation, but I did get a nasty infection one time, it was awful

Ideally I want to move to a hot country in the future 🤞🏼
I don’t think meditation is for me either sadly. I try to keep busy.
Thankfully mines never been as bad since. My boyfriend lives in Dubai so maybe one day I’ll be rid of it!

• Heart

Laurst

VIP Member
So my doctor diagnosed me with psoriasis a few years back. I've tried every treatment that you could think of. Smelly shampoos, ointment, steroid liquid. Nothing helps. Does anyone have a shampoo they can recommend? I've already tried: T Gel, Nizoral, Head & Shoulders, Body Shop Ginger Shampoo, Psoriaid (Amazon). I'm at my wits end. I'm constantly scratching and the flakes are so embarrassing that I can't wear dark clothing. Does anyone know what their triggers are? Thanks in advance.