Jonas Brothers and Wives

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she even that big of a star in India? Having 50 Bollywood films isn't comparable to Hollywood movies as they are filmed and released so much quicker. She's been acting since she was 17.

Her being best friends with Meghan is interesting ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1
Is she even that big of a star in India? Having 50 Bollywood films isn't comparable to Hollywood movies as they are filmed and released so much quicker. She's been acting since she was 17.

Her being best friends with Meghan is interesting ;)
yeah shes huge in india
and bollywood is so much bigger than hollywood

Reactions: 2
yeah shes huge in india
and bollywood is so much bigger than hollywood
Really? I looked up a list of the top 100 Bollywood stars and she wasn't on it.

If she really was so big why would she go to the states to do a averagely received tv show? And bit parts in flops like the baywatch movie?

Bigger in what way? Bollywood makes more movies and sells more tickets but the money is tiny compared to Hollywood.
main-qimg-f75ccbe81e31e78df132d25f69aff6be.gif

Really? I looked up a list of the top 100 Bollywood stars and she wasn't on it.

If she really was so big why would she go to the states to do a averagely received tv show? And bit parts in flops like the baywatch movie?

Bigger in what way? Bollywood makes more movies and sells more tickets but the money is tiny compared to Hollywood.
View attachment 2917
the thing is, with indian celebrity culture its not the same as in the USA, people dont just follow celebrities they live, breathe and die for them. for example in a small city a very big celebrity came for 10 minutes before exiting on a train and i think a few people died in the crowds that how bad it got
priyanka went to the states so she could make her following and open up to more opportunities, if she didnt go to the states no-one outside the indian community would know who she was, and obviously she speaks hindi in all of her indian films - she wanted to show producers and directors she could do more than just indian films
also you need to think relatively, india is a very poor country, i make in a day what a lot of the population earn in a month (and im only 18 working a part time job). the film tickets there cost literal pennies compared to the 6-10 pounds they cost over here so obviously they would make less money
the table you posted shows that bollywood produces more movies, sells more tickets and has a faster growth rate which kind of shows it all
i hope this helps!!!

Reactions: 5
Honestly I don't think Indians are really that different compared to Americans or Brits with celebs.

It's very busy and lots of people do regularly die in stampedes, espically at train stations.

Bollywood maybe growing quicker but it's still as such a low base. You must earn a lot a day as an 18 year old as India isn't that cheap on wages - average income is £4 a day https://tradingeconomics.com/india/wages . From my experience cinema tickets out there can be anywhere from about 40p to £10. In Mumbai lots of the prices of everything are just the same as in the UK in the upmarket areas. I've been to India several times and even been in a Bollywood movie.

I'm just not convinced she is a huge star, more of the level of an old soap star. It's like that one from celebrity big brother involved with jade goody that they tried to say she was a huge star , when really she wasn't at all.

Honestly I don't think Indians are really that different compared to Americans or Brits with celebs.

It's very busy and lots of people do regularly die in stampedes, espically at train stations.

Bollywood maybe growing quicker but it's still as such a low base. You must earn a lot a day as an 18 year old as India isn't that cheap on wages - average income is £4 a day https://tradingeconomics.com/india/wages . From my experience cinema tickets out there can be anywhere from about 40p to £10. In Mumbai lots of the prices of everything are just the same as in the UK in the upmarket areas. I've been to India several times and even been in a Bollywood movie.

I'm just not convinced she is a huge star, more of the level of an old soap star. It's like that one from celebrity big brother involved with jade goody that they tried to say she was a huge star , when really she wasn't at all.
as much as i respect your opinion, in all honesty priyanka is a very very big celebrity especially in india
i dont know if you know but she was the 'desi girl' in one of the biggest hit songs ever in india (&the world!!)

i'm indian myself (as you probably could tell), i visit india every year and i have most of my family there
with the average income, that includes the upper end of the scale (business men earning thousands), on my last visit there i was speaking to a lady who worked in the equivalent of tesco here and she earned 60 pounds a month!!!
honestly honestly speaking she is a massive star in india, literally a household name
& yes in mumbai things do get very expensive, but you can also get things very cheap have you seen the amount of poverty there?

Reactions: 4
as much as i respect your opinion, in all honesty priyanka is a very very big celebrity especially in india
Thanks but that's the one thing I'm not sure of - how big of a star she is. If she really is that big why isn't she on lists of top 100 Bollywood stars? A music video that she's in with 30m views doesn't seem like that much, but I know in India lots may have it downloaded and share that.

Im not convinced she has a thriving career. Nick Jonas is famous but he's not a big star and had it not been for his role in jumanji his music and acting career would seam to be dead. They both look to have had careers that peaked years and years ago and are slidling to irrelevance.

What is the equivalent of Tesco in India? I've always thought that India was a country of small shop keepers without big shops. I always miss that out there some kind of chain and consistency for groceries!

I know it's an average wage and the min wage in the poorest parts of India are 2.40 - to 11.30 in Kerala a day https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_wages_by_country so I know there's lots of low paid workers.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just understand more. Ive been going to Asia and India for the last 20 or so years, back then it was really cheap but huge inflation over the decades and it's not nearly as cheap, Inexpensive yes. But of course I know there's huge poverty, I've traveled all over the country.

they are!! indians have built temples for film stars - thats not normal!! and i've never head of anyone dying in a stampede because their favourite celebrity visited their city for 10 minutes in the uk/usa, the kardashains walk around LA with a large crowd but its all controlled and no-one dies

its not low at all, its growing massively especially with the indian communities overseas, if you bought a cinema ticket for £10 in india you were massively ripped off by someone (which is very common when they see foreigners)

i've said it lots and i'll say it again - priyanka chopra is a household name in india. from a british-indian who never watches indian movies/tv, i've known who she was from a young age, i dont know many film stars but i know her and a few others because they are so popular and well-known

Thanks but that's the one thing I'm not sure of - how big of a star she is. If she really is that big why isn't she on lists of top 100 Bollywood stars? A music video that she's in with 30m views doesn't seem like that much, but I know in India lots may have it downloaded and share that.

Im not convinced she has a thriving career. Nick Jonas is famous but he's not a big star and had it not been for his role in jumanji his music and acting career would seam to be dead. They both look to have had careers that peaked years and years ago and are slidling to irrelevance.
i've googled top bollywood actress' and she was on every list i clicked? not sure which list you were looking at
30m isnt much??? desi girl was one of her career highlights, i agree she has peaked but she still is very very well known in bollywood
she was also the first indian bollywood actress to break into hollywood which stands for itself

What is the equivalent of Tesco in India? I've always thought that India was a country of small shop keepers without big shops. I always miss that out there some kind of chain and consistency for groceries!

I know it's an average wage and the min wage in the poorest parts of India are 2.40 - to 11.30 in Kerala a day https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_wages_by_country so I know there's lots of low paid workers.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just understand more. Ive been going to Asia and India for the last 20 or so years, back then it was really cheap but huge inflation over the decades and it's not nearly as cheap, Inexpensive yes. But of course I know there's huge poverty, I've traveled all over the country.
theres d-mart and they are also introducing walmart, its essentially like an indian tesco, has everything you would need from food to clothes, did you not seen any when you visited?
the indian government is very corrupt, so despite having a minimum wage its not enforced. at all. people work for free just so they have a roof over their heads and food to eat - i've seen it happen in plenty of cases

im trying not to be argumentative either!!
but then again, when you visit - you visit as a tourist and when i visit i stay with family so our perspectives may be different in that sense

sorry if this is off topic but does anyone of you all know Chiara Ferragni? She's one of the biggest fashion bloggers in the world (she's from Italy) and her wedding with Fedez (italian singer/rapper, longtime boyfriend and father of her child) was the same and I do believe they are not faking it. They had SO much sponsors for nearly everything, it was a very big wedding with a ton of photographers, videographers, social media people and so on. I think it doesn't have to mean that it's all fake and just a PR stunt - maybe it's just a very bad taste of selling yourself in a digital world and needing attention

sorry if this is off topic but does anyone of you all know Chiara Ferragni? She's one of the biggest fashion bloggers in the world (she's from Italy) and her wedding with Fedez (italian singer/rapper, longtime boyfriend and father of her child) was the same and I do believe they are not faking it. They had SO much sponsors for nearly everything, it was a very big wedding with a ton of photographers, videographers, social media people and so on. I think it doesn't have to mean that it's all fake and just a PR stunt - maybe it's just a very bad taste of selling yourself in a digital world and needing attention
“Longtime boyfriend and father of her child” there’s the difference. Nick and Priyanka just started happening out of nowhere, and it’s all happened very quick. Screams of PR stunt. Your example has history, long-term, a child which generally makes it seem real. Except in the case of Cheryl and Liam Payne where she just needed a man to be a sperm donor.

“Longtime boyfriend and father of her child” there’s the difference. Nick and Priyanka just started happening out of nowhere, and it’s all happened very quick. Screams of PR stunt. Your example has history, long-term, a child which generally makes it seem real. Except in the case of Cheryl and Liam Payne where she just needed a man to be a sperm donor.
Chiara's romance started out very fast and whirlwind too but they married several years later and after she gave birth. Also, those two seem very suited for each other whereas I don't think anyone would have guessed Nick and Priyanka being a obvious couple much less married. Also, their engagement and marriage happened months later. The timeline of it all is a bit bizarre. I thought the reason they rushed into marriage so quickly was possibly because she's pregnant but judging by how it's been playing out it looks like it was more so a PR stunt. I have no doubt Priyanka is huge in India but I think she's had trouble catapulting her success in the States and this brings a lot of attention to the couple especially since her TV show flopped and she had a small role in Baywatch that was nothing to write home about. Imo, I think the marriage was a mutually beneficial agreement for them both. Sure they're both attracted to each other but is it love? Only time will tell...

Yel

Jonas brothers were mostly a busted cover band and just a a vehicle for nick Jonas. But he just doesn't have the star power or anything special to really make it himself.

I don't think many people wanted to see them reunite, but at least they pulled in all their celeb partners to have fun in the tomb raider house.

Even in the cover art I feel sorry for Kevin, there's no coming back after his appearance on the apprentice.

Jonas brothers were mostly a busted cover band and just a a vehicle for nick Jonas. But he just doesn't have the star power or anything special to really make it himself.

I don't think many people wanted to see them reunite, but at least they pulled in all their celeb partners to have fun in the tomb raider house.

Even in the cover art I feel sorry for Kevin, there's no coming back after his appearance on the apprentice.
Joe at least knew he couldn’t do it alone and got a new band with DNCE, which I quite like. But Nick’s solo material, there are a couple of catchyish songs, but generally it’s really quite bland. Honestly the most interesting thing about Nick in the artwork is his crotch.

• Haha
Im interested to see what new music they come out with. I always feel so sorry for Kevin hes just not that great looking. Nick looks hot in the above pic and I used to love his song Jealous and Joe is good looking except not feeling that outfit. I enjoyed quite a few songs that he did in his previous band and I think he is well matched with Sophie unlike Nick and Priya.

Ive never really cared for their music before but secretly enjoyed camp rock.

Reactions: 3
Im interested to see what new music they come out with. I always feel so sorry for Kevin hes just not that great looking. Nick looks hot in the above pic and I used to love his song Jealous and Joe is good looking except not feeling that outfit. I enjoyed quite a few songs that he did in his previous band and I think he is well matched with Sophie unlike Nick and Priya.

Ive never really cared for their music before but secretly enjoyed camp rock.
I agree about the relationships. I do actually believe in Joe and Sophie’s relationship, unlike Nick and Priyanka, he might as well just hold up a sign saying fake relationship, she’s really his beard.

Reactions: 7

Yel

Joe at least knew he couldn’t do it alone and got a new band with DNCE
Well Joe only knew that after his solo career flopped! Although I quite like just in love, it's a bit crappy at the same time.

The new song sounds like something DNCE would put out, can see radio liking it.

Nick had jelous and that was amazing, especially the tinashe remix. Everyone thought he was on the brink of becoming a big star. Then the album reissue with levels and he was so uncomfortable and awkward attempting to pull off this image that wasn't him.

Kevin was pretty embarrassing on the apprentice and he's out of place on that single conver.

Sophie and Priyanka are the two stars of that video.

Last edited:
Well Joe only knew that after his solo career flopped! Although I quite like just in love, it's a bit crappy at the same time.

The new song sounds like something DNCE would put out, can see radio liking it.

Nick had jelous and that was amazing, especially the tinashe remix. Everyone thought he was on the brink of becoming a big star. Then the album reissue with levels and he was so uncomfortable and awkward attempting to pull off this image that wasn't him.
I never really followed them as Jonas Brothers, and didn’t know about Joe’s solo career. Only really got into him with DNCE, because their album was really good.

I only really follow Nick as a piece of eye candy. Jealous was good, and I liked a couple of other tracks, but I don’t think there was ever an idea of where he wanted to go with his solo music, it all just seems desperate. And his acting career seems to have gone off the deep end.

The whole marriage is just a cash grab and to get media attention.

And Kevin, well, nobody cares about Kevin, if we’re being brutally honest.

• Haha
I remember watching a reality show I cant remember if it was Joes or Nicks (it wouldnt have been Kevins as I wouldn't waste my time watching a reality show on him) and they all seemed really nice and down to earth so this lavish wedding Nick had just didn't seem very Nick like

Yel

I remember watching a reality show I cant remember if it was Joes or Nicks (it wouldnt have been Kevins as I wouldn't waste my time watching a reality show on him)
Kevin was the one with the reality TV show I believe, only know that because i watched the celebrity apprentice.

Nick had a tidal "show" about one of his albums, but was so boring I couldn't make it past one episode. The highlight was him in a towel in the first few seconds.

never really followed them as Jonas Brothers, and didn’t know about Joe’s solo career. Only really got into him with DNCE, because their album was really good.
I don't think many do, lots of their sales must have come from the Christian demographic. This is their second comeback. Only know Joe had a flop solo Career as Shane Dawson mentioned it.