Potential stalker?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay, so I live by myself in a garden apartment and the other day I heard someone outside my bedroom window. I also have my bike parked there, so I thought he was after that but I heard him whispering something as well. Don’t know what he said though.
I didn’t think too much of it but stayed alert for a bit, so my bike doesn’t get stolen.

Then the next morning I found flowers on my garden furniture. It’s right next to a huge window that you can see my entire apartment from. I was super creeped out but wrote it off. The flowers were from my garden.

But today I found a store bought rose on my deck chair?

I’m super uncomfortable knowing that someone is creeping outside my apartment. But I don’t know if it’s something you’d call the police about? Like would they take that serious? I have no idea at all who it could be, but assume someone that lives in my building.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I’d get some cameras like the door cameras and place them where you can see where this intruder is lurking. They are activated by noise. Keep a log of times and incidents. Speak to your local police and research what the rules are where you live. Fingers crossed this is all a misunderstanding or if it is a weirdo they will give up soon.

Reactions: 10
Start taking photos and recording times and dates down of anything strange. It could be nothing but you can’t be too careful.
I had a stalker in 2018 and the police took it seriously and spent alot of time locating him.

Reactions: 5
Another thought - I remember years ago when I lived alone in Japan I was told to put men’s clothes out to dry on my balcony. Apparently it sends a message to would-be creeps that you have male company so they’re less likely to target you. Pantie stealing was sometimes an issue in the neighbourhood

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
It’s just so strange because I have no idea who it could be. I don’t have many male contacts here outside of work. So it must be a neighbour that’s been watching me or something 😵💫

I’ll look into buying a camera or maybe using my phone overnight to record

Reactions: 5
What a creepy thing to happen to you! I agree with the others to get recording and keep dates/ times. I have a blink camera setup. It alerts me if there is any movement and I can keep those recordings. I can view outside my home whenever I want. I know people have ring doorbells too but I dont know much about them.

Reactions: 3
yea, I think I will definitely get a camera and then if he shows up again, alert the police.

And I’m gonna leave the rose that he left today outside, so he doesn’t think he’s getting a reaction.

I just hate how this is making me feel so unsafe in my home! I’ve never been scared living alone 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I’m so sorry to hear this. Utterly creepy. Your instincts are on point. Do not give this creep any wiggle room and absolutely keep your guard up.

record absolutely everything in a note book
Take photos
tell the police

when this happened to me the police were tit
This was a few years back and I wish I had made more of a fuss

no one should make you feel unsafe

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think sticking an airer full of menswear outside might put your erstwhile admirer off because he’d assume you weren’t single. Keep a diary of everything that happens.

Don’t be scared to call 999 if you think you are in danger.

Reactions: 4
Try a Ring door camera, you can use it on wi fi or battery. You can fix it to any thing.
You can download the app to your mobile or laptop.

It will alert you if anyone is on your property, you can set the area that you wish the alert to sound.

Also talk to your neighbourhood police, make them aware and they can give you advice. You can just drop them an email.

It may just be some one who likes you and completely innocent.

Reactions: 4
I went and got a camera, and got it set up.
It sends an alarm to my phone, I’ll definitely call the police if I wake up when he’s outside.

Thank you for suggesting the camera, I didn’t think of it myself!!

Reactions: 13
I hope you get some ‘intel’ from the camera. I experienced stalking last year and the police took it very seriously so don’t be hesitant to contact them.

Reactions: 1
Okay, so I live by myself in a garden apartment and the other day I heard someone outside my bedroom window. I also have my bike parked there, so I thought he was after that but I heard him whispering something as well. Don’t know what he said though.
I didn’t think too much of it but stayed alert for a bit, so my bike doesn’t get stolen.

Then the next morning I found flowers on my garden furniture. It’s right next to a huge window that you can see my entire apartment from. I was super creeped out but wrote it off. The flowers were from my garden.

I’m super uncomfortable knowing that someone is creeping outside my apartment. But I don’t know if it’s something you’d call the police about? Like would they take that serious? I have no idea at all who it could be, but assume someone that lives in my building.
I'd definitely call them and make a report it's obviously making you uncomfortable , it's not a common way to approach a person even if they were an admirer.

It’s just so strange because I have no idea who it could be. I don’t have many male contacts here outside of work. So it must be a neighbour that’s been watching me or something 😵💫

I’ll look into buying a camera or maybe using my phone overnight to record
You can buy really cheap ones in Argos that work through wifi to your phone

Reactions: 2

Hi there, Sorry that you have had this hassle - it’s very worrying isn’t it. Around 25 years ago (that makes me feel very old!!) I had a similar scenario. It started with phone calls to the house (in the old days you used to be listed in a phone directory so it was easy to get a number) the minute i was home (i was married but alone in the house at the time) and then a note on my car and further calls. That was before mobiles and ring cameras etc. Anyway, I was a bit freaked out because the note described what I had been wearing that day and so I did go to the police. They were excellent and took it very very seriously. They came to the house to look around and said they reckoned it was one of the houses that backed onto the terrace house we lived it. They said that it was far better to try and nip things like this in the bud early so as to prevent it getting out of hand. What they did was go knock on the doors of the 3 houses that backed onto to us and just say that they were investigating to see if anyone had seen anything because the young lady opposite had been having issues with some stranger. In the two houses the people were really helpful and open and promised to help and said they would keep a look out. In the third house there was a guy who could not have been more shifty if he had tried. he was incredibly defensive and even though he had a wife the police were certain that they had the right person. They made sure that he knew that they were involved and then came back over to me. Needless to say I never had any further issues!

I agree with all the comments about logging and filming. And i would say do call them for advice if you get anything further or if you are still concerned. I suspect its down to luck if you get good experienced policeman. Good luck.

Reactions: 7
Please never think you are overreacting. Do not hesitate to report anything suspicious. No normal person would go round someone’s property and leave flowers on more than one occasion without making it known.

Please keep this updated if you can? Try not to worry too much but it’s better to be alert x

Reactions: 7
Start taking photos and recording times and dates down of anything strange. It could be nothing but you can’t be too careful.
I had a stalker in 2018 and the police took it seriously and spent alot of time locating him.
I had a good experience with the police as well.

Some good suggestions about safety here OP, hopefully whoever it is will stop now.

Reactions: 1