Potential anxiety/depression

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A doctor might help but it sounds as though a therapist would be better. Although it sounds like you know why you feel like this and how to deal with it, you just haven’t had a chance.
can you take some annual leave to take time just for yourself?
I’m sorry to hear you lost your father. I lost my mine last year and it feels like all the covid stuff kinds of diminished the loss. Everyone was losing people apparently, just one of those things it seemed, get on with it, I’m not special. Have to remind myself that other people’s woes do not make mine less important and I have every right to feel how I do and mourn. I don’t know if that sounds familiar to you but don’t forget that xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Sounds like you've been running on adrenaline for a while and are almost having a comedown .

It seems like work is the catalyst for how you are feeling. Is there someone at work the people who aren't happy can give feedback to? ( or report them to someone higher? )

Hi,

Been on here a little while. Need some advice...

Right, some background...

Last January - had spinal surgery for a slipped disc (I'm 36 yrs). Furloughed into recovery, then Dad passed away in July 2020 (from Pneumonia, not covid). Threw myself into helping Mum - sorting out finances, house, etc.
Went back to work properly after lockdown/Dad's death in September, but post surgery was still giving grief.. Went part time in January.

Cut to now...

Honestly feel like I'm on the verge of some sort of breakdown. Work has been horrible the past few months - can't eat the night before/on the morning of going in as feel too anxious. Stomach is horrible on the morning of work (to the point I feel physically sick)... The work grief is down to a manager not coping particularly well with stress following a company sale to a big corporation, and taking it out on the current workforce (to the point at least 7/15 of us are jobhunting.

I honestly feel like I haven't grieved properly, like I've thrown myself into helping mum, but after lockdown/covid/etc, I'm on the verge of breaking myself down...

Should I see a doctor? Should I just get on with it? Am I just being a silly cow?
I think a therapist might help or a counsellor. It sounds to me like you’re grieving and grief can be awful. I’ve been through it myself, just like you. It’s so normal to feel sad and a rollercoaster of emotions it can be crippling at times. I’d just be wary at self diagnosing depression because the dr will put you on antidepressants but it won’t get to the route of the problem and you’ll just feel things again once you come off them. They can be wonderful things I’m sure, I know a lot of friends that are on them and many have them alongside therapy. I think Covid, losing someone close and a horrible time at work have just compounded itself into one and it can be too much for anyone. But you also shouldn’t just have to “get on with it” as it can be so hard and it’s not something you can just snap out of x

I'm really sorry you're going through this and I think speaking to someone or counselling may help. If you're feeling really awful about work, could you ask to be signed off from your doctor while you're getting back on your feet?

I'm so sorry to hear you've been through all of this - that's a lot for one person to take on. It sounds like you've been really strong for those around you, and you've dealt with it well given the circumstances, but sometimes you need to take care of yourself first.

I definitely think it's worth speaking to your Dr, they may be able to sign you off for a little while until you're feeling better. They may also be able to refer you to some charities/counsellors who can help with grief.

Remember to take care of yourself and please, seek help if you are feeling down. Even if it's from coming on here to talk to people, it may make you feel better just venting! You're not alone x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.