Post Pill Cycles

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m going to see my GP at the end of the month. Had nothing post-pill apart from the odd crampy pain.

So been having relatively normal periods since I came off the pill around March/April. However the last 2 months it’s gone crazy, my cycle is something like 24 days and at the moment I’ve been bleeding since last Friday which is unheard of for me (I have only ever bled for 3/4 days). What’s more, Ive never had a period this heavy. TMI but I took out my cup after a few hours because I noticed some spotting and it was completely full! Blood was just coming out of me into the toilet :sick: I’ve been feeling very dizzy and light headed which explains why. Ive started taking iron tablets because I’m genuinely worried I’m actually going to bleed to bleeping death. Ive never in my whole life had a period this heavy wtf.

So been having relatively normal periods since I came off the pill around March/April. However the last 2 months it’s gone crazy, my cycle is something like 24 days and at the moment I’ve been bleeding since last Friday which is unheard of for me (I have only ever bled for 3/4 days). What’s more, Ive never had a period this heavy. TMI but I took out my cup after a few hours because I noticed some spotting and it was completely full! Blood was just coming out of me into the toilet :sick: I’ve been feeling very dizzy and light headed which explains why. Ive started taking iron tablets because I’m genuinely worried I’m actually going to bleed to bleeping death. Ive never in my whole life had a period this heavy wtf.
Have you had the COVID vaccine in that time? There’s a whole thread on here about ladies who’s periods have gone haywire since having it!

Have you had the COVID vaccine in that time? There’s a whole thread on here about ladies who’s periods have gone haywire since having it!
I had mine in Jan and March, so before I came off the pill and my periods were fine at first so I don’t think it can be that? A delayed response maybe?

Reactions: 1
hey pixi, long time no speak 😊

What was your cycle length the few months before? If it’s got shorter, it likely means you are ovulating earlier than you were before. It may actually be that the first few cycles you had were longer, and your cycles have now regulated and are actually meant to be 24 days. That would be just within the parameters of a ‘normal’ cycle as you could be ovulating on cycle day 10-12 then having a 12-14 day luteal phase (the time between ovulation and your period).

maybe see how the next cycle shakes out? With the heavier periods, hopefully you’re just having one heavier one but if you get worried about too much bleeding maybe speak to a Dr.

hey pixi, long time no speak 😊

What was your cycle length the few months before? If it’s got shorter, it likely means you are ovulating earlier than you were before. It may actually be that the first few cycles you had were longer, and your cycles have now regulated and are actually meant to be 24 days. That would be just within the parameters of a ‘normal’ cycle as you could be ovulating on cycle day 10-12 then having a 12-14 day luteal phase (the time between ovulation and your period).

maybe see how the next cycle shakes out? With the heavier periods, hopefully you’re just having one heavier one but if you get worried about too much bleeding maybe speak to a Dr.
Hey 👋 according to my tracking app the first few were between 28-30 days, and the last 2 have been 23/24 - I was hoping my cycle would settle as a bit longer than that as I hate being on😭 I really hope they don’t stay this heavy, though thankfully I’ve not had much cramping this month.

Has anyone’s periods not returned after 3 months? I know it says it can take up to 3 months to return to a ‘normal cycle’ but wondered if you can go the doctors after 3 months or if they just tell you wait longer

Has anyone’s periods not returned after 3 months? I know it says it can take up to 3 months to return to a ‘normal cycle’ but wondered if you can go the doctors after 3 months or if they just tell you wait longer
I’ve not had mine yet and I stopped 4 months ago. Just been to see my GP actually and I’m having a blood test done.

I had an apt the other week as mine had been 10 months and the doctor said they would expect it to normalise within 6 months so I’d wait until then x

• Heart
I came off the pill last year around Christmas time and didn't have a withdrawal bleeding until new year and since then I haven't stopped bleeding for longer than 2 weeks max. My periods last 3 weeks and are really heavy that I'm severely anaemic and have been put on iron tablets and blood tests every 3 weeks to monitor my iron levels. My GP can't seem to figure out what to do. Has anyone else experienced anything like this at all? I would be so grateful for any advice. I'm really stressed out about it and want to end this horrendous cycle. Please let me know if anyone has anything like this and has light at the end of the tunnel?

A few months ago I posted that I hadn’t had a period since December since coming off the pill, well I spoke to the drs this week after getting my bloods taken and it looks like I have PCOS. I am really gutted as I definitely want children but I am a bit older and still haven’t met someone and now I am in a spiral of worry that I’m never going to be able to have them 😭

• Heart
A few months ago I posted that I hadn’t had a period since December since coming off the pill, well I spoke to the drs this week after getting my bloods taken and it looks like I have PCOS. I am really gutted as I definitely want children but I am a bit older and still haven’t met someone and now I am in a spiral of worry that I’m never going to be able to have them 😭
Aww I remember feeling exactly the same when I got diagnosed with PCOS. Depending on the doctor they can make it seem even worse

I know it’s hard but just remember there are plenty of people who go on to get pregnant with no help. There are also really effective medication that can help you have regular periods and ovulate 💕

I also have PCOS after coming off the pill early this year. I didn’t have a period for a long time and after scans and blood tests it was confirmed. I am actually trying to conceive which has made the process a lot more complicated and I have been told we have to have been trying a year before we are offered any help. However the doctor recommended a supplement that has worked for their previous patients called Infolic Alpha. I have been having it twice a day for 3 months now and I have had a period each of those months and some of my other PCOS symptoms have reduced too. Maybe something you can look into? I get mine from https://www.fertilityfamily.co.uk/