Possible Lipoma in my rib cage scared it’s something scary.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey has anyone had this before.? I’m sure I felt a bulge like 8 years ago, but in the last few months I constantly feel like there is something in my rib cage like a lump.

I spoke to my gp who has referred me for a scan Which is tomorrow, but I am petrified completely.
I went to A&E for possible kidney stones during this time and had a CT scan and bloods and everything came back clear, no shadows or masses anywhere in my kidneys and my abdominal looked fine, however two doctors did feel a lump, one of them said it isn’t attached to anything from what he can feel and it’s moveable so possible fatty lump/lipoma he said it felt benign.

I am absolutely terrified though that tomorrow it’ll be something scary. My anxiety is so bad I can barely eat or sleep.
has anyone had this before?

And I just wanted to ask also, if god forbid there was something scary wouldn’t the ct scan of showed that? Or would it had just been looking at my kidneys.

Does it hurt? I have a few of these. They are small and moveable, not attached to anything, in and around my ribs. They hurt when I fiddle with them. If you've had a clear abdominal CT that is reassuring, they do check everything on them. Is it an ultrasound you're going for?

Does it hurt? I have a few of these. They are small and moveable, not attached to anything, in and around my ribs. They hurt when I fiddle with them. If you've had a clear abdominal CT that is reassuring, they do check everything on them. Is it an ultrasound you're going for?
Hey yeah it’s an ultrasound and no it doesn’t hurt but it does feel like something is stuck in or under my ribs sometimes, not daily but I’d say 5 days out of 7.

Where abouts on your ribs?

I have a lump on my ribs, near my right breast.

I also have a 'feeling' of something under my ribcage on my left side. Feels like a gentle pull. I realised during lockdown that it was muscular (I normally have a physical job and the feeling vanished while I was furloughed).

I had the exact same thing and went for an ultrasound. Turns out it was cartilage which had inflamed from me constantly touching it and trying to find the lump. I scared myself silly googling and looking at potential terrifying things it could be. Odds are it’s probably quite unlikely to be anything serious, especially there. Your doc doing the ultrasound will talk you through it all as the scan is taking place and will prob be able to advise you on what it looks like, before sending it to your consultant / doctor to properly diagnose. Don’t stress there’s nothing you can do at the moment- fingers crossed it will be nothing. Good luck xx