Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

anniemouse

VIP Member
The Popsy group has the best example of an online version of Munchausen’s by Proxy I’ve seen since the Lockets days, but with oversharing of real symptoms other people are dealing with rather than making it up. “I need all of the attention and do nothing that will get me it, so listen to all the things wrong with my husband and kids”. I’ve been reading through this rare disease thing yesterday and today, it’s a picking ground for any of the 52k just looking for vulnerabilities so they can scam people, and the group do, and say nothing. If you wanted an ‘in’ to start scamming someone, it’s right there for you. I don’t doubt it’s stressful having hospital appointments and managing all of that, but there’s something there deeper rooted and if they didn’t have this condition, she would find something else to make her the hero Mum, bullying or something like that. She did exactly the same on the Lockets group. She had such a stressful and day the other day when she woke up spend the day with a friend who surprised her with afternoon tea. Her head would fall off if she had to deal with actually working every day in a demanding job. I think she’s probably the most unwell person in her family, she makes me angry with all the personal info she throws out there but I actually feel sorry for her, to need validation from a group of strangers (and that’s what they mostly are) must be horrible.
Munchausens by Popsy if you will

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

ZeroCraic

I see that Cardi J has mentioned Tattle and reads this thread.

Jade, love,
The majority of people on here are actually concerned at how you have been manipulated and taken advantage of by this sales model. We see how it causes you distress.
I know that being autistic can mean you find clothes you feel comfortable in and stick only to them, but there are other brands out there who behave more ethically towards their customers. There are other places you can buy clothes to suit your sensory needs -- and perhaps even more so. Look for clothes with more cotton and less polyester as these will help you regulate your temperature better -- neurodivergent people often struggle with this.
Contrary to what you might thing of us evil Tattlers, no one takes any pleasure in seeing a 17 year old vulnerable young woman in distress.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
This is Tattle. Tattle is where we snark, where we share opinions without being made to feel bad, it's kind of an unfiltered place.

Have things been said that feel like an attack on me? Yes. On many threads. On this thread too. My sister's partner is a transwoman. I truly believe she is a woman. She is not a pervert, she does get a thrill out of wearing women's clothes, she is not trying to get more attention than cis women. But I let people share their opinions here because it's Tattle and it isn't about me and my feelings.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

ZeroCraic

Why are so many of them poorly ?
The non sarcastic answer is that Popsy appeals to a certain demographic - and the clothes are easy to manage for someone with chronic ill health as they don't have to deal with tight fabrics, zips or buttons etc. There is a huge co-morbidity between certain chronic illnesses - as as Fibromyalgia, POTS, EDS and other auto-immune conditions - and neurodivergence which also explains why a lot in that demographic are also autistic or have ADHD etc.

Part of ASD and particularly ADHD is a tendency to overshare - this also comes from the fact a lot of people don't believe us when we tell them we're ill, or neurodivergent so we feel the need to go into excess detail. We also struggle to read social cues.

As for self diagnosis - if you existed within the realm of neurodivergence and these kind of chronic illnesses you'd learn that getting in front of the appropriate medical professionals is very difficult, with long waiting lists or barriers to getting referred in the same place. Not having an official diagnosis doesn't mean you don't have the condition though. Obviously. And as my own GP said - before I had to wait almost two years for an official Fibromyalgia diagnosis 'if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, chances are it's a duck and we'll treat it like that'.

Autistic/ chronically ill people often have to become experts in their condition. This is doubly true if we're also advocating for our children who are also likely to be unwell as it's all genetic. While there are no doubt some people who just love attention etc, an awful lot of us are coming from an informed and experienced place. And by informed I don't just mean TikTok videos.

Living with chronic illness takes over your life and affects almost every aspect of it. It's not surprising we talk about it - we don't have the wealth of other experiences and opportunities healthy people have.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

glittrpi

Someone asked late in the last thread about the Trustpilot score - it seems they mass mailed hundreds of people this week with a link to TP, including people who haven’t ordered for years and those who have been banned and had asked Popsy to remove their details from their systems. After getting the review request email the ones who asked them to remove their details have now reported them to the ICO for not doing it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 41

ProfessorColdheart

WILL YOU BE HAVING A BREAK OVER EASTER

We have your addresses and we're just wondering who might be leaving their properties unattended this weekend??!!!

Leave a comment below!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Apparently Nik the Prik has done it before and just looks up people's addresses from previous orders and sends the dresses there without waiting for confirmation or payment.

GDPR says whaaaaat?!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
Following on from mums knitting tank tops to go with our Popsys we now have dads painting pics of us in our Popsys.

Is there no end to the talent of FnF family?

IMG_3894.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 39

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Love the humblebrag about breastfeeding shoehorned into this - can't even see the pillows!

And don't get me started on SIBWM - the shoe and sock combo is horrific but the random pairing of blue shoes with an all black outfit is mindblowing!
Noticed that too. I got swept up in the whole cultishness of breastfeeding when my son was a baby but when he stopped, I soon realized nobody else gives a toss what you feed your baby as long as it's not blue WKD.

• Haha
Reactions: 39