Polly Vernon / Hattie Crissell, Grazia magazine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She really is. Won’t be defined by her sexual assault you know (subtext, like everyone else going on and on about it)?

Reactions: 1
I remember her writing from the Minx days - she always stood out, very much as described by @melfish as “not like other girls” 🥱

…that was 20+ years ago - she doesn’t seem to have evolved. But hey, she’s still skinny, so you know, winning at life … 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She’s not a good interview writer either.

For example this recent one with Gemma Collins. Is it a good thing she is donating her bras to refugees - yes. Is it also a mahoosive coincidence they are being packed up just as the Sunday Times writer is in her house? Also yes.

A good writer such as Lynn Barber would have given a nod to the obviousness of it alongside the mention - to let Gemma and readers know we all know what’s going on. Eg “timing pure coincidence with my presence, I’m sure”. Instead Polly takes the lazy option and writes it as a straight piece. Disappointing and so so basic - just a PR puff piece.

Reactions: 3
I didn’t realise there was a thread on here for Polly. I’ve followed her for years as a reader, and always enjoyed her column in Grazia. I used to subscribe to the magazine but stopped during lockdown as I’ve been trying to read more books and there’s only so many hours in a day. I know that she writes a lot about abortion laws and is very open with her views and experiences which I never minded. But I have tried to follow her on instagram and had to stop as I agree the constant selfies and almost arrogance at how cool she thinks she is, is a little wearing.

Reactions: 1