Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mustard

VIP Member
Louis Theroux - Grounded. All recorded during lockdown. The first one I listened to was him chatting to Helena Bonham Carter. Now listening to Miriam Margoyles. She’s very frank. 😆
Also, a must listen - Broken - about Jeffrey Epstein. It’s an excellent American production.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

Mustard

VIP Member
she basically set up this company alleging to test/cure pretty much any illness with a pin prick blood test... all with not even any qualifications and lots of people infested. really interesting
Infested or invested?

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Not podcasts as such, but I believe I've became addicted to Desert Island Discs, the BBC site has over 2,000 episodes available going right back to the 1950's. :love:

Reactions: 2

hrh89

VIP Member
Oh yes he's bitter alright. Always answering very aggressively if people question him in the comments. He's also desperate to come on taskmaster, has mentioned it several times! But after watching him interview Alex Horne I think its fair to say that ain't happening. Alex did NOT enjoy that.
I haven’t seen the Alex Horne one but he did hint at wanting to go on Taskmaster on the Greg Davies podcast 😂 he’s never gonna get on that show just give it up mate !!

Pretty Hate Machine

I listen to a lot of podcasts whilst walking my dog. Nobody ever seems to mention them though. :LOL:

That's not metal - reviews metal/rock music. Much improved now Beez has left.
Riot Act - music reviews from Stephen Hill and Remfry Dedman. Probably one of my faves.
Life in the stocks - Interviews with people in the music industry.
The Metal Hammer podcast - music reviews.
Someone who isn't me - music interviews. Usually rock based.
Rex Factor - history of the monarchy with quite a bit of humour.
Iain Dale's all talk - usually political interviews
The political party - Matt Forde - political interviews
Podlitical - Scottish politics
For the Many - Review of the weeks political news.
The Dave Berry breakfast show. - just funny and great for totally switching off.
The Empire film podcast - Film reviews
Feel better live more - Dr Rangan Chatterjee having discussions about health matters with experts.
Full disclosure - James O'Brien interviewing people. Am behind on these though as find him annoying sometimes!
In our time - History discussion
Moral Maze - debate on usually fairly topical discussion.
How to fail with Elizabeth day - celebs talking about times they messed up and how they recovered from it
Myths and Legends - what it says on the tin
Paul McKenna's positivity podcast - celeb interviews
Totalus Rankium - History Roman emperors
How I found my voice - celeb interviews about finding themselves
Adam Buxton podcast - random chats and funny rambly bits.
Walking the dog with emily dean - interviews with celebs whilst walking their dogs.
Dangerous minds with ed stafford. - interviews with usually outdoorsy people.
The ground up show by Matt D'avella. - Minimalism and lifestyle stuff.
I can't believe it's not Buddah - Lee Mack on finding his spiritual side
Dan snow's history hit - History

I probably have more, but these are the ones I listen to regularly. :)

emm

VIP Member
Very late to the party, but has anyone listened to The Dropout about Elizabeth Holmes? I just don’t get how no one realised this was such an impossibility from someone who hadn’t studied medicine !

Reactions: 1
I LOVE Shagged Married Annoyed

Supernatural with Ashley Flowers is a good binge show

all of the Somethin’ Else investigations there’s the Iraq War; Ghislaine Maxwell which was the best one; one about a dodgy fertility doctor; the Fred and Rose West Tapes…

I also dip in and out of No Such Thing as Fish and Help I Sexted My Boss (but that’s probably because I have a crush on Jordan North lol)

Kayle90

Shagged married annoyed
Happy mum happy baby
Luanna
They are the ones I listen to, really good!

emm

VIP Member
Infested or invested?
invested obviously :ROFLMAO: this is why i shouldn't use tattle on my phone, bloody autocorrect!
Totally different topic but I also found Finding Natascha really interesting, I felt it should have been longer though I was left with a lot of questions about the details

• Haha

Horatio

VIP Member
I just started listening to Caliphate by Rukmini Callimachi. She is a journalist who was trying to find out more about ISIS. So far very interesting.

Going to listen to this one next called Rabbit Hole: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/rabbit-hole/id1507423923

Yes! Never hear people talk about Caliphate but it was one of the most incredible podcasts I’ve ever listened to.
Very upsetting, very disturibing in parts (hardly surprising considering subject matter) but also an example of what journalism can and should be. The bravery demonstrated in order to get as much information on the topic as possible was inspiring. But she didn’t even look at it as being brave or doing anything impressive because she was so dedicated to the subject and learning as much as possible. It’s so important to have journalists like this today. If you want to hear an expert in her field, discover more on a very upsetting but real issue - give this a listen! Also worth saying it’s not horror all the way through, the first few episodes aren’t like that at all. It’s not about exploiting pain.

And I’m going to check out rabbit hole now . Thanks !

hrh89

VIP Member
YES I was gonna bring up his obsession with always trying to be quirky and asking these really weird questions he clearly thinks are hysterical, but they're not. And him talking about sex always makes me uncomfortable. I don't even know why, but it does.

I think he might be deleting comments cause I find it unlikely that no one ever criticizes him. Anyone who's ever listened to any other podcast should recognize it isn't good material.

Off Menu is a good one though. Except the episode RH is one, obviously.
oh my god I’m so sick of hearing “would you rather, a finger that can travel through time or an armpit that dispenses talc.“ like wtf it’s not even a funny question. He’s a very strange guy 😂

I guess a lot of people like myself just tune him out and listen to the guest. You are right though he does always make it about himself, always referencing some obscure sketch he did that one time that no one remembers. I think secretly he’s quite bitter about how his career went (or didn’t) 😂

Hc68759

VIP Member
I love Table Manners (singer Jessie Ware and her mum have a celebrity guest over for dinner at theirs and there’s always delicious sounding recipes. Some of the guests have included Nigella Lawson, Cheryl Cole, Jo Brand, Jamie Oliver, Nicole Sherzinger and Alan Carr)

Vee6

VIP Member
I've just binge listened to "This thing of darkness" on BBC sounds, gripping!

Hallowmaiden

oh my god I’m so sick of hearing “would you rather, a finger that can travel through time or an armpit that dispenses talc.“ like wtf it’s not even a funny question. He’s a very strange guy 😂

I guess a lot of people like myself just tune him out and listen to the guest. You are right though he does always make it about himself, always referencing some obscure sketch he did that one time that no one remembers. I think secretly he’s quite bitter about how his career went (or didn’t) 😂
Oh yes he's bitter alright. Always answering very aggressively if people question him in the comments. He's also desperate to come on taskmaster, has mentioned it several times! But after watching him interview Alex Horne I think its fair to say that ain't happening. Alex did NOT enjoy that.

Hallowmaiden

completely agree with everything you’ve said. He has this weird obsession with sex and a very immature sense of humour. I find it a bit awkward sometimes and yes you can see the guests are thinking WTF a lot of the time.
I think he manages to get these great guests mostly through pity (he didn’t really get the career he thought he’d have, whilst all the people around him in the 90s (Coogan, Stewart lee, Armando Iannucci) they all became very successful. It’s like they do him a favour by going on 😂

I don’t find him remotely funny but he’s had many of my favourite comedians on so I continue to listen.
YES I was gonna bring up his obsession with always trying to be quirky and asking these really weird questions he clearly thinks are hysterical, but they're not. And him talking about sex always makes me uncomfortable. I don't even know why, but it does.

I think he might be deleting comments cause I find it unlikely that no one ever criticizes him. Anyone who's ever listened to any other podcast should recognize it isn't good material.

Off Menu is a good one though. Except the episode RH is one, obviously.

Ineedmorecoffee

Chatty Member
I’ve recently discovered Dear Joan and Jericha. It’s a spoof agony aunt type programme and it’s absolutely hilarious. Very rude, hugely inappropriate discussions and advice, love it.

If you like learning about crazy religions I would recommend Zealot. The presenter usually has a guest to discuss the subject with and again it’s done in a lighthearted funny way but you also learn a lot as well.

Danielle1

I don't listen to many but I listen to Kendall Rae & her husbands podcast called Mile Higher since I watch her YouTube videos she mostly talked about true crime and conspiracy theories kind of thing.

Also Murad Merali love his youtube which is mainly love island drama videos but he does do videos on other topics sometimes more serious thing's that's going on in the world. He started his podcast called Over It and I enjoy it x

Also This Gathered Nest a family channel on YouTube have recently started a new podcast so I'm getting into that too. Love them!

A couple others but they are the main ones i tried to get into completely new peoples ones cos they looked alright but I find I enjoy listening to podcasts by people who I already enjoy their youtube or books etc xx

Naataaliiee

Any recommendations? Any you’re obsessed with?! I’m on the hunt for a few new ones to listen to whilst out on my daily exercise!