Podcasts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any recommendations? Any you’re obsessed with?! I’m on the hunt for a few new ones to listen to whilst out on my daily exercise!

I love Table Manners (singer Jessie Ware and her mum have a celebrity guest over for dinner at theirs and there’s always delicious sounding recipes. Some of the guests have included Nigella Lawson, Cheryl Cole, Jo Brand, Jamie Oliver, Nicole Sherzinger and Alan Carr)

Reactions: 1
I’ve recently discovered Dear Joan and Jericha. It’s a spoof agony aunt type programme and it’s absolutely hilarious. Very rude, hugely inappropriate discussions and advice, love it.

If you like learning about crazy religions I would recommend Zealot. The presenter usually has a guest to discuss the subject with and again it’s done in a lighthearted funny way but you also learn a lot as well.

Shagged married annoyed
Happy mum happy baby
Luanna
They are the ones I listen to, really good!

Another vote for Joan and Jericha! Hilarious.

Im really enjoying Richard Herrings Leicester Square podcast. I’m not a huge fan of his but he has some great comedy guests on. It’s been going years so there are lots to listen to.

If you didn’t hear David Tennants podcast he did a few months ago, that was good.

I also like Off Menu with Ed Gamble and James Acaster. I generally enjoy comedy podcasts the most.

Another vote for Joan and Jericha! Hilarious.

Im really enjoying Richard Herrings Leicester Square podcast. I’m not a huge fan of his but he has some great comedy guests on. It’s been going years so there are lots to listen to.

If you didn’t hear David Tennants podcast he did a few months ago, that was good.

I also like Off Menu with Ed Gamble and James Acaster. I generally enjoy comedy podcasts the most.
love Off Menu too. So good!

Richard Herring really do have the most amazing guests, which kind if surprices me cause he's honestly not a very good podcast host and interviewer. He never really have any good reactions or questions to his guests anecdotes, but rather just turns the subject to himself or laughs silently before moving on to the next question which usually isn't related to what they just talked about, so the interviews never really get that nice flow. It's really annoying when you genuinely want to hear more of a story. And also the fact that, after all these year, he still need to use a book or paper to keep track of his questions is kind of baffling. At times even his guests attempts to straighten up the mess that is his interview, which just shouldn't happen.

Ok rant over.

Richard Herring really do have the most amazing guests, which kind if surprices me cause he's honestly not a very good podcast host and interviewer. He never really have any good reactions or questions to his guests anecdotes, but rather just turns the subject to himself or laughs silently before moving on to the next question which usually isn't related to what they just talked about, so the interviews never really get that nice flow. It's really annoying when you genuinely want to hear more of a story. And also the fact that, after all these year, he still need to use a book or paper to keep track of his questions is kind of baffling. At times even his guests attempts to straighten up the mess that is his interview, which just shouldn't happen.

Ok rant over.
completely agree with everything you’ve said. He has this weird obsession with sex and a very immature sense of humour. I find it a bit awkward sometimes and yes you can see the guests are thinking WTF a lot of the time.
I think he manages to get these great guests mostly through pity (he didn’t really get the career he thought he’d have, whilst all the people around him in the 90s (Coogan, Stewart lee, Armando Iannucci) they all became very successful. It’s like they do him a favour by going on 😂

I don’t find him remotely funny but he’s had many of my favourite comedians on so I continue to listen.

completely agree with everything you’ve said. He has this weird obsession with sex and a very immature sense of humour. I find it a bit awkward sometimes and yes you can see the guests are thinking WTF a lot of the time.
I think he manages to get these great guests mostly through pity (he didn’t really get the career he thought he’d have, whilst all the people around him in the 90s (Coogan, Stewart lee, Armando Iannucci) they all became very successful. It’s like they do him a favour by going on 😂

I don’t find him remotely funny but he’s had many of my favourite comedians on so I continue to listen.
YES I was gonna bring up his obsession with always trying to be quirky and asking these really weird questions he clearly thinks are hysterical, but they're not. And him talking about sex always makes me uncomfortable. I don't even know why, but it does.

I think he might be deleting comments cause I find it unlikely that no one ever criticizes him. Anyone who's ever listened to any other podcast should recognize it isn't good material.

Off Menu is a good one though. Except the episode RH is one, obviously.

YES I was gonna bring up his obsession with always trying to be quirky and asking these really weird questions he clearly thinks are hysterical, but they're not. And him talking about sex always makes me uncomfortable. I don't even know why, but it does.

I think he might be deleting comments cause I find it unlikely that no one ever criticizes him. Anyone who's ever listened to any other podcast should recognize it isn't good material.

Off Menu is a good one though. Except the episode RH is one, obviously.
oh my god I’m so sick of hearing “would you rather, a finger that can travel through time or an armpit that dispenses talc.“ like wtf it’s not even a funny question. He’s a very strange guy 😂

I guess a lot of people like myself just tune him out and listen to the guest. You are right though he does always make it about himself, always referencing some obscure sketch he did that one time that no one remembers. I think secretly he’s quite bitter about how his career went (or didn’t) 😂

I suppose that it depends what you are interested in but here are some ones that I enjoy:

Table Manners
LuAnna
Full Disclosure
Who? Weekly
The High Low
The Week Unwrapped

oh my god I’m so sick of hearing “would you rather, a finger that can travel through time or an armpit that dispenses talc.“ like wtf it’s not even a funny question. He’s a very strange guy 😂

I guess a lot of people like myself just tune him out and listen to the guest. You are right though he does always make it about himself, always referencing some obscure sketch he did that one time that no one remembers. I think secretly he’s quite bitter about how his career went (or didn’t) 😂
Oh yes he's bitter alright. Always answering very aggressively if people question him in the comments. He's also desperate to come on taskmaster, has mentioned it several times! But after watching him interview Alex Horne I think its fair to say that ain't happening. Alex did NOT enjoy that.

Oh yes he's bitter alright. Always answering very aggressively if people question him in the comments. He's also desperate to come on taskmaster, has mentioned it several times! But after watching him interview Alex Horne I think its fair to say that ain't happening. Alex did NOT enjoy that.
I haven’t seen the Alex Horne one but he did hint at wanting to go on Taskmaster on the Greg Davies podcast 😂 he’s never gonna get on that show just give it up mate !!

Reactions: 2
I've just binge listened to "This thing of darkness" on BBC sounds, gripping!

I haven’t seen the Alex Horne one but he did hint at wanting to go on Taskmaster on the Greg Davies podcast 😂 he’s never gonna get on that show just give it up mate !!
Looks like we jinxed it. He's definitely going on

Screenshot_20200419-132527_Twitter.jpg

tit.

I don't listen to many but I listen to Kendall Rae & her husbands podcast called Mile Higher since I watch her YouTube videos she mostly talked about true crime and conspiracy theories kind of thing.

Also Murad Merali love his youtube which is mainly love island drama videos but he does do videos on other topics sometimes more serious thing's that's going on in the world. He started his podcast called Over It and I enjoy it x

Also This Gathered Nest a family channel on YouTube have recently started a new podcast so I'm getting into that too. Love them!

A couple others but they are the main ones i tried to get into completely new peoples ones cos they looked alright but I find I enjoy listening to podcasts by people who I already enjoy their youtube or books etc xx