Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hydeist

Chatty Member
she basically set up this company alleging to test/cure pretty much any illness with a pin prick blood test... all with not even any qualifications and lots of people infested. really interesting
I just finished a book about this! Will definitely check out the podcast

Mustard

VIP Member
Very late to the party, but has anyone listened to The Dropout about Elizabeth Holmes? I just don’t get how no one realised this was such an impossibility from someone who hadn’t studied medicine !
I don’t know who she is.

Hallowmaiden

Im really enjoying Richard Herrings Leicester Square podcast. I’m not a huge fan of his but he has some great comedy guests on. It’s been going years so there are lots to listen to.
Richard Herring really do have the most amazing guests, which kind if surprices me cause he's honestly not a very good podcast host and interviewer. He never really have any good reactions or questions to his guests anecdotes, but rather just turns the subject to himself or laughs silently before moving on to the next question which usually isn't related to what they just talked about, so the interviews never really get that nice flow. It's really annoying when you genuinely want to hear more of a story. And also the fact that, after all these year, he still need to use a book or paper to keep track of his questions is kind of baffling. At times even his guests attempts to straighten up the mess that is his interview, which just shouldn't happen.

Ok rant over.

hrh89

VIP Member
Another vote for Joan and Jericha! Hilarious.

Im really enjoying Richard Herrings Leicester Square podcast. I’m not a huge fan of his but he has some great comedy guests on. It’s been going years so there are lots to listen to.

If you didn’t hear David Tennants podcast he did a few months ago, that was good.

I also like Off Menu with Ed Gamble and James Acaster. I generally enjoy comedy podcasts the most.

Hc68759

VIP Member
Another vote for Joan and Jericha! Hilarious.

If you didn’t hear David Tennants podcast he did a few months ago, that was good.

I also like Off Menu with Ed Gamble and James Acaster. I generally enjoy comedy podcasts the most.
love Off Menu too. So good!

leoladyxo

VIP Member
I suppose that it depends what you are interested in but here are some ones that I enjoy:

Table Manners
LuAnna
Full Disclosure
Who? Weekly
The High Low
The Week Unwrapped

emm

VIP Member
I don’t know who she is.
she basically set up this company alleging to test/cure pretty much any illness with a pin prick blood test... all with not even any qualifications and lots of people infested. really interesting

hrh89

VIP Member
Richard Herring really do have the most amazing guests, which kind if surprices me cause he's honestly not a very good podcast host and interviewer. He never really have any good reactions or questions to his guests anecdotes, but rather just turns the subject to himself or laughs silently before moving on to the next question which usually isn't related to what they just talked about, so the interviews never really get that nice flow. It's really annoying when you genuinely want to hear more of a story. And also the fact that, after all these year, he still need to use a book or paper to keep track of his questions is kind of baffling. At times even his guests attempts to straighten up the mess that is his interview, which just shouldn't happen.

Ok rant over.
completely agree with everything you’ve said. He has this weird obsession with sex and a very immature sense of humour. I find it a bit awkward sometimes and yes you can see the guests are thinking WTF a lot of the time.
I think he manages to get these great guests mostly through pity (he didn’t really get the career he thought he’d have, whilst all the people around him in the 90s (Coogan, Stewart lee, Armando Iannucci) they all became very successful. It’s like they do him a favour by going on 😂

I don’t find him remotely funny but he’s had many of my favourite comedians on so I continue to listen.