Plus size clothing

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm 5ft3, 20ish...sometimes an 18, other times a 22 depending on what it is and where it's from. I've got massive boobs and carry most weight on my stomach and arse so have a nightmare finding clothes. I'm not keen on too much floral, hate animal print and cold shoulder

I mostly live in dresses with leggings or tights. I like New Look but haven't bought anything from them for ages. Have just bought a fantastic dress from Seasalt which is so comfy, also bought a couple of dresses from Popsy lately which I really like. I have a bit of an ebay addiction and regularly trawl through various brands....Boden, Yumi, New Look, Yours, Seasalt, Joules, White Stuff. Basically all the stuff I really like but don't want to pay full price for! I might find the occasional thing in the supermarkets but as I haven't set foot in one since March that's not really happening and when I tried ordering online from Asda it took forever and lost half the order so I won't bother again.

Reactions: 3
so pleased to see a thread like this! I'm 5ft 3, generally 18-20 but am losing weight but it only seems to be going from my hands 😂 I would love to find some dresses or tunics to wear over leggings and some decent jeans. i find most plus size clothes are quite grannyfied!

Reactions: 2
so pleased to see a thread like this! I'm 5ft 3, generally 18-20 but am losing weight but it only seems to be going from my hands 😂 I would love to find some dresses or tunics to wear over leggings and some decent jeans. i find most plus size clothes are quite grannyfied!
It's so annoying when it feels like it isn't going from where you want it to 😂 I lost 5 stone and went from a 22, to a 20. I was so annoyed! My waist for smaller, and my legs ect. But not my hips where I wanted it to go from!

Reactions: 1
I've lost quite a bit in the last year and while I can tell I have in clothes etc, it's bizarrely my feet that seem to have lost the most 🤣

I hate lots of the stuff out there for plus size. There just seems to be a never-ending amount of the same type of thing that I either don't like or doesn't suit me. I'm probably really picky but inevitably, I see something that I love and it either doesn't go over a size 16 or is already out of stock....probably bought in droves by people just like me who hate the generic floral tents on offer!

Eshakti for dresses, all the way. They have a huge range and you can customise everything. I must have about eight of their pieces already; I have a dress on the way for my anniversary later this month. The quality is lovely, similar to Debenhams I'd say.

You can normally get 30% off your first order.

Hi folks! I’m a plus size girl (range between an 18-20 normally) and just thought it would be good to have a discussion about where you all shop for various items?

I’ve been looking for jeans that fit comfortably for what seems like forever, and also now a dress for a black tie event coming up and not having much luck!
The Levi's plus jeans are good

Reactions: 3
Good American jeans
not cheap, but wash so well. They last so much longer than the cheaper jeans I used to buy. I’ve had 2 pairs for 18 months now and wear them all the time. they don’t loose the fit either

I posted about Eshakti a little while up and my latest order just arrived, so thought some of you might be interested to see. All the orders come boxed and wrapped in tissue paper. You get a little card telling you who made your order, and a measuring tape for future orders. The clothes are all made in India and they have a commitment to ethical manufacturing. So pleased with this dress.

(Totally not sponsored, just to clarify!)
20200917_110148.jpg
20200917_110153.jpg
20200917_110447.jpg

Thank you for this thread!

I’m an 18 down from a 20-22 and am so stuck with my clothes, can’t seem to find anything nice at all

I would recommend Very usually, I love their curve range for jeans and tops etc. RI plus is nice but find the sizing strange - sometimes way too big, and then too tight others?!

Mainly using this thread for suggestions as I struggle to find clothes I like especially as I’m 5’3

Boohoo can sometimes have some longer blouses. I’ve had quite a few of the pieces from their plus range.

The Levi's plus jeans are good
My plus size Levi’s have worn ridiculously quick where the thighs rub, 6 months and almost see through 😡 yet ones for ASDA which are worn as often still look like new in the same area.

Last edited:
Navabi
Levi’s
H&M - a lot of their clothes have a good range of sizes, so you don’t need to stick to the curve range.
Monki - just check the measurements of the item, some are designed with loads of room, others are a tight squeeze.