Plus size clothing

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi folks! I’m a plus size girl (range between an 18-20 normally) and just thought it would be good to have a discussion about where you all shop for various items?

I’ve been looking for jeans that fit comfortably for what seems like forever, and also now a dress for a black tie event coming up and not having much luck!

Reactions: 3
I’m a 16-18 now and still shop in New Look. Their 18’s are true to size and I always liked their curve range.

BooHoo - decent enough and mirrors the normal range - ethical questions though.

Good old primark goes up to a size 20 in normal range and some 20-22 in areas. Love their jeans!

Picked up some nice bits from H&M plus, yours and simply be (even though I do find the last two a bit mumsy.

ASOS has a great plus range but can be expensive - always had nice stuff though and resell value is good.

Reactions: 1
Plenty of black tie type dresses at a reasonable price on ASOS.

For jeans I always wear skinny ones from New Look or River Island... I also don’t mind Next for a good night out pair. Levi’s also do a plus size range with a really good selection.

I’m usually in an ASOS, Next or New Look dress and chunky boots for work or a pair of jeans, T-shirt and a funky jacket for casual. I also found a tonne of skirts I liked in Simply Be but their quality was hit or miss. Nights out I’m usually in something a bit dressier from River Island.

I also like Nike plus size for sports wear, but don’t rate Adidas at all.

I've found that the jeans in George of all places have been best to accommodate my size 20 arse, hips and thighs. Plus they wash well and don't fade.

Also new look curve and Boohoo have been my go to.

Matalan also do a good range but can be on the smaller size. Leggings are fine though

I have found George for their jeans are really good and comfy and also I used to always buy Simply Be's Lucy (and Chloe?) style skinny jeans. They have to be the best I think!

Reactions: 2
This is helpful!

Im a 20 (18 if optimistic), but also tall with big boobs and apple shaped. I find curve & plus sections are cut bigger all over, so I need the bigger waist but not the legs & bum? I always end up with baggy jeans 😩 also longer tops are a nightmare to find. New Look tall has gone tit, and boohoo seem to think you cant be plus & tall beyond a size 18 🙄

This is helpful!

Im a 20 (18 if optimistic), but also tall with big boobs and apple shaped. I find curve & plus sections are cut bigger all over, so I need the bigger waist but not the legs & bum? I always end up with baggy jeans 😩 also longer tops are a nightmare to find. New Look tall has gone tit, and boohoo seem to think you cant be plus & tall beyond a size 18 🙄
This is my problem a lot of the time with skinny jeans... They make the ankles huge like they presume because you're bigger, you have ankles 6 times the size of everyone else!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
This is my problem a lot of the time with skinny jeans... They make the ankles huge like they presume because you're bigger, you have ankles 6 times the size of everyone else!
Yep! Its the bum & thighs for me. I barely have a bum and my legs would fit in a size below my waist size. Its a right pain!

I've found that the jeans in George of all places have been best to accommodate my size 20 arse, hips and thighs. Plus they wash well and don't fade.

Also new look curve and Boohoo have been my go to.

Matalan also do a good range but can be on the smaller size. Leggings are fine though
I have to say some of my comfiest and best fitting jeans have been from George or Dorothy Perkins (Alexa) but they seem to change their range every so often and can no longer get the right fit when I go to re-order. It’s so frustrating!

I have to say some of my comfiest and best fitting jeans have been from George or Dorothy Perkins (Alexa) but they seem to change their range every so often and can no longer get the right fit when I go to re-order. It’s so frustrating!
This!!! Dorothy Perkins get right on my nerves, every time i need to buy some new black skinny jeans, they’ve changed the range and they’re always worse then before and fit completely differently!

This!!! Dorothy Perkins get right on my nerves, every time i need to buy some new black skinny jeans, they’ve changed the range and they’re always worse then before and fit completely differently!
Exactly!! It’s infuriating. I try not to buy online from them for jeans anymore because it’s just such a faff when you know you’re gonna have return one or two for poor sizing/fitting! They must have lost business because of it surely.

This is helpful!

I am tall and large, small boobs tho :ROFLMAO: I found Long Tall Sally catered for my size and shape perfectly but they have now gone bust so I don't think I'll ever be able to find jeans again. I carry most of my weight in my bottom half (especially legs, very evenly as well) so even if there is enough fabric at the waist to fit 2 of me in, my legs still won't fit in 🤷‍♀️ it's a nightmare being an odd size and shape.

Nasty gal curve is pretty awesome! I find their sizes to be spot on. They usually have 50% off. I wouldn't buy anything full price purely because this offer is on most weeks

Yours are pushing the new limited collection, it's so nice, they are focusing now on fashion. Deffo check out the new in on the website

I am tall and large, small boobs tho :ROFLMAO: I found Long Tall Sally catered for my size and shape perfectly but they have now gone bust so I don't think I'll ever be able to find jeans again. I carry most of my weight in my bottom half (especially legs, very evenly as well) so even if there is enough fabric at the waist to fit 2 of me in, my legs still won't fit in 🤷‍♀️ it's a nightmare being an odd size and shape.
They have just been bought out. I can't say who by but if you Google it will say 😘

• Wow
Nasty gal curve is pretty awesome! I find their sizes to be spot on. They usually have 50% off. I wouldn't buy anything full price purely because this offer is on most weeks

Yours are pushing the new limited collection, it's so nice, they are focusing now on fashion. Deffo check out the new in on the website

They have just been bought out. I can't say who by but if you Google it will say 😘

I was put off yours as it all seemed to be getting worse in quality and going up in price. Plus the tops were cut rather large and they love a cold shoulder top

Reactions: 4
Its abit market looking 👀
Agree -also applies to simply be! At least with boohoo it's cheap and you know it's a gamble.

I've seen a few dresses in new looks main range and once Itm a few weeks into slimming world I'm buying! It has made me cry I can't fit into an 18 yet, when I started seeing my husband 15 years ago I was an 8-10!

Agree -also applies to simply be! At least with boohoo it's cheap and you know it's a gamble.

I've seen a few dresses in new looks main range and once Itm a few weeks into slimming world I'm buying! It has made me cry I can't fit into an 18 yet, when I started seeing my husband 15 years ago I was an 8-10!
Oh dont, its depressing isnt it! 9yrs ago, when I met my fella, I was a size 12. 😭😭😭

Reactions: 2
Hi ladies, has anyone bought anything from topsy curvy? I have no boobs a small waist and absolutely huge bum/thighs. I'm also 5ft 11 so a bit of a struggle to find tops long enough or the top is huge on top and too small around the bum 😭 x